AppleInsider's free iPhone app now available for download from the App Store

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 78

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

At least you were honest about it. The concern trolls who frequent this site would say something like "I love Apple, but..." which is usually followed by pages of supposed "rational and unbiased" criticism of iOS not being Android enough. I'd like to hear these guys say, "I'm an Apple fan, but... can I get this app ported to Android, oh, for no particular reason?" That would be funny.

The "stuck with a POS Android phone" part applies to all Android phones, so I have sympathy for that viewpoint.

• Reply 62 of 78

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

Personally, I find it kind of unattractive also.  I much prefer the original UI from Loren Brichter.  

I do like how a lot of apps are using the same "pull to refresh" concept but making the UI different and interesting though.  Like how with twitter you get an animation of a little bird etc. 

This could be iOS's answer to this:

Remembering NCSA Mosaic 

• Reply 63 of 78
    solipsismx wrote: »
    That's only because they all use apps and/or change their user agents to say it's an iPhone¡

Root, reboot, and brag about the specs. Aka, "Having an 1337 gadget boner."
  • Reply 64 of 78

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Root, reboot, and brag about the specs. Aka, "Having an 1337 gadget boner."

• Reply 65 of 78
    To AI thanks for the nice app, but can you please just make your website more compatible with news readers like Pulse?
  • Reply 66 of 78
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member
    Very nice. Love the silvery theme.
    Universal iPhone / iPad version soon? Please?
  • Reply 67 of 78
    Really like it!
  • Reply 68 of 78
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Huge wave of nostalgia.

I had to buy Netscape Gold from my University, ten bucks I think it was.

• Reply 69 of 78
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMac2 View Post

Remembering NCSA Mosaic 

I remember this:-

Lynx, used to have fun with Americans going on about their fast Windows systems, I was using text based Lynx with the ability to do immediate replies so by the time their browsers with a 30 second page refresh loaded they'd find 10-20 separate comments from me asking where they were.

• Reply 70 of 78

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

From what I've seen from most Android apps you're better off with the mobile version of the site.

And from what I've experienced from the many browsers on Android I'm better off with an app.  I'm currently using the dolphin browser that is ranked as one of the best mobile browsers on Android on the Google play store and on websites I have read.  It has a few neat features but what a buggy piece of doodoo.  That goes along with the stock browser, chrome, and firefox that I've also used and are always crashing and freezing and acting strange.  Not that I never had Safari crash on me back when I had an iPhone 3G but the crashes were few and far between, and not daily, multiple occurrences like on Crashdroid.  I can only imagine Safari has become more stable as iterations have come out.  The issues I'm dealing with now are on latest builds and on the mighty Jelly Bean version of Android with project frozen butter.

• Reply 71 of 78
    Nice app, like it already
  • Reply 72 of 78
    Love it, now don't have to reserve a tab for it on safari, posting from it, funny you can run the desktop forums on it.
  • Reply 73 of 78
    Awesome. A pleasure to use. Thanks!
  • Reply 74 of 78
    netroxnetrox Posts: 1,415member

"the AppleInsider app for iPhone and iPod touch, available as a free download exclusively from the App Store."

Exclusively? Um, since when does Apple allow developers to release apps to public users? 

• Reply 75 of 78
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    I'm actually surprised Apple would allow an App that deals in rumors about unreleased Apple products, and routinely posts pictures of illegally obtained parts ... You'd think there would be something in the agreement prohibiting this .,,, but otherwise, great!
  • Reply 76 of 78

Originally Posted by netrox View Post

"the AppleInsider app for iPhone and iPod touch, available as a free download exclusively from the App Store."

Exclusively? Um, since when does Apple allow developers to release apps to public users? 

I think the implication is that it's only available as an iOS app, but I can see how that could be misconstrued.

And hey, AI could have made an app and released it in Cydia. image

• Reply 78 of 78

Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

I remember this:-

Lynx, used to have fun with Americans going on about their fast Windows systems, I was using text based Lynx with the ability to do immediate replies so by the time their browsers with a 30 second page refresh loaded they'd find 10-20 separate comments from me asking where they were.

I still do compile and use Links on all my computers: