Apple seeds new OS X 10.8.3 build two days after previous version's release

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apple on Thursday seeded OS X 10.8.3 build 12D44 to developers, with the new version coming just two days after the previous 12D43 build was released.

Build 12D44

It is not clear what changes have been made with the new OS X 10.8.3 beta as people familiar with the previous build say developers are being asked to focus on the same areas. In fact, the release notes are identical to those released alongside build 12D43 on Tuesday.

Thursday's notes also come with the same step-by-step instructions for installing and activating the "OS X Software Update Seed Configuration Utility," which allows developers to download new seeds directly through Software Update in the Mac App Store. The new feature was first introduced in build 12D38 released at the start of December.

As with the previous beta seed, build 12D44 comes with no known issues and requests developers focus on AirPlay, AirPort, Game Center, Graphics Drivers and Safari.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    That was quick. Do you know what's changed?
  • Reply 2 of 9
    That was quick. Do you know what's changed?

They had no known issues the last time. They fixed the unknown ones so even they can't tell us.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Apple is either very very smart or just plain stupid. Even if it's being smart here, it's kind of suspicious. I am guessing it was some sort of a security bug given the urgency of the subsequent update.
  • Reply 4 of 9

Originally Posted by jpadhiyar View Post

Apple is either very very smart or just plain stupid. Even if it's being smart here, it's kind of suspicious. I am guessing it was some sort of a security bug given the urgency of the subsequent update.

It is not possible for you to say this based on them releasing betas of a software for which they have released betas for the past ten years.

• Reply 5 of 9
    "No known issues," eh? Are we safe to assume that it fixes the wifi connection problem that is currently being experienced by MacBook Pro users? The Discussion forums are full of complaints. It appears that these patches have "no known issues" in the same way that IOS Maps had no known issues. I need a reliable wifi connection. Apple does not have a reliable wifi connection. I am extremely angry and I want either the problem fixed or my money back.
  • Reply 6 of 9

Originally Posted by cjcampbell View Post

The Discussion forums are full of complaints.

So what?

I need a reliable wifi connection. Apple does not have a reliable wifi connection. I am extremely angry and I want either the problem fixed or my money back.

They do, though. If you want to return a $2,000 computer and eat 30% of that, go right ahead.

• Reply 7 of 9

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

So what?

They do, though. If you want to return a $2,000 computer and eat 30% of that, go right ahead.

It is a $4,000 computer. It is defective. I have no idea where you get the 30%.

• Reply 8 of 9

Originally Posted by cjcampbell View Post

It is defective.

It isn't.

I have no idea where you get the 30%.

The restocking fee you pay for having opened it.

• Reply 9 of 9

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

It isn't.

The restocking fee you pay for having opened it.

Glad you decided my computer is not defective without even looking at it. Did you use your crystal ball or did you determine this through astral projection? However, it does not do what they claim it will.