We're giving away iPad minis: share our app for a chance to win

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Our friends over at B&H Photo like our new iPhone app so much, they've offered to sponsor a contest that will give away iPad minis to two lucky participants who help spread the word about the app's release.

Win an iPad mini from B&H Photo

Re-Tweet

Since B&H Photo is offering not one but two 16GB WiFi iPad minis, everyone has two chances to win (but you can only win once). Participation is simple: use the links above to Share our Facebook post and Retweet our Twitter post on this week's release of the official AppleInsider iPhone app. On Dec 25th, we'll use random number and timestamp generators to select one winner on Facebook and one on Twitter, respectively. Winners will be announced on AppleInsider and contacted via their Facebook and Twitter accounts.

We also note that for those readers seeking an iPad mini with guaranteed delivery by Dec 24th, B&H is one of two larger Apple Authorized Resellers in our iPad Price Guide reflecting stock of the majority of the iPad mini lineup, compared to Apple's 1 week wait. B&H also offers AI readers the absolute lowest prices anywhere for new Macs bundled with 3-years of AppleCare extended protection.

Win an iPad mini from B&H Photo

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13

I think that there should be a legal requirement for online giveaways to have non-social networking methods of entry, just as all online giveaways are forced to allow write-in entries. 

"Wait, Skil, you want to win this?!"

I'm just saying for the sake of fairness. Not all of us care about Facebook. It's Google with more pictures and less intelligence. And actually more personal data mining. It's Google's biggest dream: people wanting to give them their personal information.

Anyway the app is great and this is a neat way to pitch it, so have at it.

• Reply 2 of 13
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I think that there should be a legal requirement for online giveaways to have non-social networking methods of entry, just as all online giveaways are forced to allow write-in entries. 

"Wait, Skil, you want to win this?!"

I'm just saying for the sake of fairness. Not all of us care about Facebook. It's Google with more pictures and less intelligence. And actually more personal data mining. It's Google's biggest dream: people wanting to give them their personal information.

Anyway the app is great and this is a neat way to pitch it, so have at it.

I think they also require terms and conditions, for instance I am an Appleinsider reader residing in Australia.

Am I elegible to enter?

• Reply 3 of 13
    Do want
  • Reply 4 of 13
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

I don't tweet and I'm not on Facebook, so this contest is obviously not for me. image

I don't care if somebody is giving away a gold plated Apple ][ signed by Steve Jobs, that still wouldn't be enough to get me to sign up for Facebook.image

Here's a breaking news story that AI should write about. It's about a douchebag analyst who is getting called out today by multiple sources for making bogus Apple predictions. The douchebag analyst from Susquehanna is repeating a similar story this year that he did last year about Apple. And last time, it turned out to be completely false.

The Apple semiconductor analyst who keeps crying wolf

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2012/12/20/apple-iphone-sales-predictions/ ;

It's time to crack the whip on some of these incompetent, douchebag analysts. In what other kind of business can you continue to spread false information, make horribly wrong predictions and still be able to keep your job?

I also think that some of these people are engaging in illegal activity. Slander and libel should have consequences for the perpetrators.

• Reply 5 of 13

I tried to retweet and share on facebook directly from the app, but those links only brought me to pictures of the same.  Functionality seems broken.  I entered the contest via the traditional website, which did not seem broken.  I hope that still counts.

• Reply 6 of 13
    This so-called 'entry' method isn't about actually entering the contest. It's about spamming the world for this company.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    I INTENTIONALLY Boycott Every WebSite, Store, offer or whatever,
    requiring any social media enrollment, to participate, comment, view, use, or whatever !!!

I'm anti-facebook and I don't twitter.

When I want to share something, I copy the url and email it/MMS it, to the specific people I know, who are interested in what I'm sharing.

I dropped BGR last year where, in their sorry-but-infinite-wisdom, moved to this model, to comment.

Enjoy your iPad mini.
    My mother love's hers

• Reply 8 of 13
    poochpooch Posts: 768member
    not a twit? no face? (like me.) just call b&h at 212.444.6615 and tell them you want to enter without giving away your personal information. i'm suuuure they'll accommodate us all. i hope so, i certainly hand them a decent amount of cash every year. i mean, they're our *friends*, right?
  • Reply 9 of 13
    joshajosha Posts: 901member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

think that there should be a legal requirement for online giveaways to have non-social networking methods of entry, just as all online giveaways are forced to allow write-in entries. 

Yes definitely.  So many sites are sucking into Facebook, etc.  All done in the name of MONEY!

It costs them, because many like me avoid those personal spying social sites.

• Reply 10 of 13
    alexnalexn Posts: 119member
    hill60 wrote: »
    I think they also require terms and conditions, for instance I am an Appleinsider reader residing in Australia.

Am I elegible to enter?

+1 ;). I won't hold my breath though. But nice to dream...
  • Reply 11 of 13
    I wonder how many more sites there are like this one where FB & Twitter get put down and not used. I know FB & Twitter are massively popular but the amount of people here on AI that don't use it is surprisingly large. Yet at the same time we come here to read other peoples opinions and share our own. Fortunately without all the personal crap that gets shared at the social media sites.

This free Mini is exactly what SM is all about; you are the product being sold, so no thanks. I'll buy my own stuff - thank you very much.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    It isn't important enough for me to own a mini to belong to either fartbook or titter.
    They both suck. I would rather pay full price.
  • Reply 13 of 13

Tell B&H I said NO to Facebook & Twitter.  I will not sign up, nor share a link, just for a chance to win an iPad.