Some users report iPhone 5 battery life issues with iOS 6.0.2

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 39
    And that's cute, skil. Pages full of people with the same issue I'm having over on Apple's support forums, but you say "it's not a problem" because your phone is fine. If only the world ran as you dictated, huh?
  • Reply 22 of 39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cash907 View Post

Good, then release 6.1 already because my battery is worthless after 6.0.2. Watched The Hobbit last night, and without touching my phone for 3 hours, it managed to go from 99% to 73%. Something is running in the background and it's murdering my battery. Did the usual Reset Network Settings wtf routine you normally do after updates to clean out what gets borked in the process, but no luck. If it doesn't get better, I'll try a full backup/restore, but I'm still thinking it's 6.0.2 and not my phone.

Let the battery drain completely and let the phone die then recharge it again, it will fix your issue.

• Reply 23 of 39

Originally Posted by Cash907 View Post

Pages full of people with the same issue I'm having over on Apple's support forums…

Someday people will stop pretending this means something.

• Reply 24 of 39
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    cash907 wrote: »
    And that's cute, skil. Pages full of people with the same issue I'm having over on Apple's support forums, but you say "it's not a problem" because your phone is fine. If only the world ran as you dictated, huh?

And how many forum posts on the Mayan apocalypse have their been?
  • Reply 25 of 39

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

And how many forum posts on the Mayan apocalypse have their been?

How many reviews of Google Maps with "Thank goodness this is out, I'm in Australia and I almost died" have there been?

• Reply 26 of 39
    But of course the battery gets drained faster; it now connects to more WiFi networks for crying out loud!

solipsismx wrote: »
    ...have their been?

I think you need to fix your autocorrectionary.
  • Reply 27 of 39

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

How do you do that (in OS X), by the way? 

• Reply 28 of 39
    philboogie wrote: »

How do you do that (in OS X), by the way? 

OSX:
    1. Launch System Preferences, either by clicking the System Preferences icon in the Dock, or by selecting System Preferences from the Apple menu.
    2. Click the Language & Text preference pane.
    3. In the Language & Text preference pane, select the Text tab.
    4. To enable the automatic spelling check, place a check mark next to the Correct Spelling Automatically item.
    5. To disable the automatic spelling check, remove the check mark next to the Correct Spelling Automatically item.

iOS:
  • Reply 29 of 39

OSX:

1. Launch System Preferences, either by clicking the System Preferences icon in the Dock, or by selecting System Preferences from the Apple menu.

1. Click the Language & Text preference pane.

1. In the Language & Text preference pane, select the Text tab.

1. To enable the automatic spelling check, place a check mark next to the Correct Spelling Automatically item.

1. To disable the automatic spelling check, remove the check mark next to the Correct Spelling Automatically item.

Yeah, but I want to reset what it has learned like in iOS.

• Reply 30 of 39
    Yeah, but I want to reset what it has learned like in iOS.

~/Library/Spelling/LocalDictionary

You can open the file using TextEdit, and search for the word which is not picked up by the auto spell. If there’s any error in your local dictionary, fix the particular word manually and save the file.

You can also add custom words if there’s a need to do so. Or delete it altogether.
  • Reply 31 of 39

~/Library/Spelling/LocalDictionary

The full contents of my copy of that file

demonym

downclock

taiyaki

That solves exactly zero of my problems. image It's changing 'spike' to 'spire' in completely random situations, among other things. It shouldn't be correcting anything that is already properly spelled!

• Reply 32 of 39

Running iOS 6.0.2, but I have seen no changes so far

• Reply 33 of 39

That solves exactly zero of my problems.

Always happy to oblige.

Cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
     It's changing 'spike' to 'spire'

Maybe you spire too much¿ Sorry, don't know how to fix that. Don't you do fresh installs with every major upgrade? Perhaps WWDC will give us 10.9
  • Reply 34 of 39
    To be honest, my i5 after updating to ios 6.0.2,
    The battery is showing up great performance,
    everything is working totally smooth like never
    before!
    Thank you Apple.
  • Reply 35 of 39
    Mine is working great except yesterday my battery went from 100% to 60% in just about a hour yet stayed in the 50s for hours, of course it had not been charged for nearly two days it was off.
  • Reply 36 of 39

Looks like a totally mixed bag of reactions here. Location Services and Wi-fi are taking a bit shot at the battery, that's clear as daylight. For users who are facing these issues after the 6.0.2, check this resource: http://www.igeeksblog.com/iphone-5-battery-life/ ... it's not a solution. Just a workaround. Also, there's a long long discussion going on at Apple Discussion forums. Try that too. New ideas keep emerging like some guy turned off Wi-fi in favor of a full-time 3G usage and things got a little better. Head over to location settings and try to see if any app is using it a lot frequently. (pink navigation arrow)... turn things off and try.

It's all basically trial and error so you'll need patience to fix the battery issue. And I seriously don't think a 6.1 would "fix" these issues.

• Reply 37 of 39
    The Issue is a once in a while one day 1 hour of phone in sleep mode battery drops >1% then the next in a hour ~10% then the next <30%(major issue), then of course most likely days >12% to none in a hour of course nothing else is different each day, and before the update usually >3%.
  • Reply 38 of 39

Two other iPhone users who bought their phones the same week as me have set their settings to the same settings as my phone. We plugged in our phones at the same time at night and then compared battery life through text the next day. By midday my iPhone 5 was at 46% and theirs were both over 80%. We none of us took phone calls before lunch, downloaded or accessed WI-FI. 

Just because YOUR phone isn't having an issue doesn't mean that there may be some phones out there with unexplained battery drain. I don't have to be "led by the nose" to find a solution. I need a phone that doesn't NEED a solution.

• Reply 39 of 39

After every update, some people complain about reduced battery life. Literally, every update.

If true, add up all the updates and no iPhone should last longer than 15 minutes.