Samsung Galaxy S3 Sudden Death Syndrome

Comments

• Reply 21 of 55
    I am legit. Look at my post count. I have three friends I'm aware of who have the S3. It's very very popular here. Everybody else has an iPhone 4 or 4s. I'm the only one with an iPhone 5.

But of my three friends with an S3, two of them have had this problem and other problems. They also have had Samsung refusing to give service for whatever reason they can come up with. It really does seem that Samsung is providing crappy phones with crappy service. Buyer beware.
  • Reply 22 of 55

Originally Posted by Nathillien View Post

Sounds familiar?

Was that you vegetto? Or did you just borrow the story?

No one on Earth has the ability to type the same thing twice in two places, much less use a copy/paste function.

Anyways, I still thing this "sudden death" is a non issue…

The phone turns itself into a brick and it's a non-issue? Hilarious Android logic.

…it can happen of course but in much smaller amounts than AI crowd hopes for.

Now that you've said it yourself, you'd better have some perspective on the things that happen here that we actually care about.

• Reply 23 of 55

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonton View Post

I am legit. Look at my post count. I have three friends I'm aware of who have the S3. It's very very popular here. Everybody else has an iPhone 4 or 4s. I'm the only one with an iPhone 5.

But of my three friends with an S3, two of them have had this problem and other problems. They also have had Samsung refusing to give service for whatever reason they can come up with. It really does seem that Samsung is providing crappy phones with crappy service. Buyer beware.

Sure, sure!

• Reply 24 of 55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

The phone turns itself into a brick and it's a non-issue? Hilarious Android logic.

Non-issue regarding the recurrence (sorry I didn't draw it for you because I wrongly assumed you knew what I was talking about) which is LOW.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Now that you've said it yourself, you'd better have some perspective on the things that happen here that we actually care about.

• Reply 25 of 55

Non-issue regarding the recurrence (sorry I didn't draw it for you because I wrongly assumed you knew what I was talking about) which is LOW.

Oh, so if it only happens to a very small proportion of the total number sold, then it doesn't really matter?

Maybe try applying that logic to "Antennagate", hmm. Of course there it was both a very small proportion (who do matter) AND an actual nonexistent issue, caused by external stimuli.

• Reply 26 of 55

Oh crap it just happened to me.

• Reply 27 of 55

Quote:

It's happening to some people, so it is a big deal! Because Samsung is pulling itself on the same (or even higher) level as Apple. So they should really have the same built quality of an Apple product. Luckily Samsung isn't Apple so not many people care, if this sudden death syndrome would have happen to the iphone the media would be all over it.

But as for the self display of Samsung ("the next best thing is already here" and stuff) they really should help the owner's of the dead phone. So they can get at least props for the easy, user friendly way they handle this issue.

• Reply 28 of 55
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,564member

Quote:

Originally Posted by changeover View Post

It's happening to some people, so it is a big deal! Because Samsung is pulling itself on the same (or even higher) level as Apple. So they should really have the same built quality of an Apple product. Luckily Samsung isn't Apple so not many people care, if this sudden death syndrome would have happen to the iphone the media would be all over it.

But as for the self display of Samsung ("the next best thing is already here" and stuff) they really should help the owner's of the dead phone. So they can get at least props for the easy, user friendly way they handle this issue.

Samsung has acknowledged it as a potential issue for some number of S3 owners, along with (reportedly) rolling out a fix.

http://www.sammobile.com/2013/01/03/galaxy-s-iiis-latest-software-update-fixes-exynos-security-exploit-sudden-death-issue-too/

• Reply 29 of 55
    mikeb85mikeb85 Posts: 506member
    HTC produces higher quality products, if you want an Android device, HTC is the way to go. Samsung has always had quality issues, the Nexus 10 is a dud too. Doesn't surprise me to see issues with the S3.

HTC has always been the first to add Android features (usually before Google does), has the nicest software, and has always had the nicest hardware. They just have poor marketing and hype...
  • Reply 30 of 55

Got 4 S3s at Thanksgiving. For all this time, one "passed out" once. ALL I HAD TO DO IS REBOOT! Nothing lost. For every feature, it kicks the butt of any I5!

Writing comments to scare the competition away can only work for followers. Tech savvy people eventually find out. Rode the university bus & looked around. What were most students using - GALAXY S3s! 

• Reply 31 of 55

Quote:

Originally Posted by ob1ia View Post

Got 4 S3s at Thanksgiving. For all this time, one "passed out" once. ALL I HAD TO DO IS REBOOT! Nothing lost. For every feature, it kicks the butt of any I5!

Writing comments to scare the competition away can only work for followers. Tech savvy people eventually find out. Rode the university bus & looked around. What were most students using - GALAXY S3s! 

Remove battery, put it back, then power on! That's all. 

Maybe when S3 is left charging overnight even if it's fully charged, it may shutdown so needs rebooting.

• Reply 32 of 55
    rbjcrbjc Posts: 1member

I went down to the living room and when i went up back into my room , my s3 won't start up again. Any idea what can i do? 

• Reply 33 of 55

Quote:

Originally Posted by RBJC View Post

I went down to the living room and when i went up back into my room , my s3 won't start up again. Any idea what can i do? 

Go to your local apple store and buy an iPhone.

• Reply 34 of 55
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,435moderator
    ob1ia wrote: »
    Got 4 S3s at Thanksgiving. For all this time, one "passed out" once. ALL I HAD TO DO IS REBOOT! Nothing lost. <span style="line-height:1.231;">For every feature, it kicks the butt of any I5!</span>

<span style="line-height:1.231;">Writing comments to scare the competition away can only work for followers. Tech savvy people eventually find out. Rode the university bus & looked around. What were most students using - GALAXY S3s! </span>

If only Samsung knew what you know, they wouldn't have had to go to all the trouble of making a firmware update:

http://thenextweb.com/gadgets/2013/01/02/samsung-reportedly-planning-firmware-update-to-address-suddenly-dying-galaxy-s-iii-devices/

Have you tried contacting Samsung to let them know they aren't tech savvy enough and you could revolutionise their whole operation?
  • Reply 35 of 55

Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Have you tried contacting Samsung to let them know they aren't tech savvy enough and you could revolutionise their whole operation?

Now wait a minute, this is Samsung we're talking about.

He might not be wrong. image

• Reply 36 of 55
    rbjc wrote: »
    Yeah, tell the guy who posted above you that he's full of shit and for most people with the SDS, taking out the battery and restarting doesn't do anything at all.
  • Reply 37 of 55
    Thank you so much for posting this! I love m S3 but the night before last, my phone barely charged. I went to bed and it was at 35% and woke up with it at 38%. And this morning I unplugged a fully charged S3 and it immediately went down to 69% charge. Very disappointing..
  • Reply 38 of 55

???? ?????

????? ???? ?????? ?? ???? ?? ?????? ????? ????'? ?????. ?????? ??? ????? ??? ??????? ???? J ?? ????? ?? ?? ??? ?????: ?????? ?????, ????? ????', ?? ???? ??? ??? ??????????? ????? ??????? ????? ??'. ????? ????? ???? ???? ???? ??? ????? ??? ???? ????? ???? ???? ????? ?????? ???? ??? ???? ???? ???? ??? ?? ??? ???? ??? ???? ????? ?????? ???? ???? ?????? ?? ?? ??????.

???? ????

???

• Reply 39 of 55

English of the above: 

Originally Posted by nataliemartsia View Post

Hello everyone

Holidays in the doorway and I want to indulge in some family cool gadget. My family is addicted to all this nonsense J So I thought about all sorts of things: streamer innovative massage robot, or something like one of the smartphone Samsung Galaxy Z series. Anyone happen to know something good ride? How much is a good media can put it as a built-in? My car a few years old so I do hope it will be possible to implement the system.

Thanks in advance

At least, what a translation software says. So… 

???!

?????? ????? ?AppleInsider. ????? ??? ???? ??????. ??? ??? ?? ??? ????? ?? ??? ?? ???? ?????? ??????? ????? ????; ?????!

Hopefully that isn't… completely offensive. Oh, for heaven's sake, it's left to right… THAT'S probably offensive. And I can't get it to switch back…

• Reply 40 of 55
    http://negosentro.com/index.php/negosentro-blogs/why-apple-legend-guy-kawasaki-switched-to-android

Intesting... I'm an apple user with my iPad 2 but am fast tiring of apples strangle hold on their users devices and not allowing basic functionality like wifi hotspot, USB tethering or drag and drop functionality once USB tethered... And a number of other frustrating limitations that apple imposes but android does natively and very intuitively.

Just saying....