Another Video Editing Question

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I've used blue/green screens in all of my footage. How would I put a background in where the blue/green is? In this case it's a space/stars background. Once again, I have Final Cut Pro 2, After Effects, and Premeire availavble for my use. This sounds like a dumb question, I know but I'm trying to learn a lot about video production. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    It's called "chroma keying" and the method is slightly different in each app you listed. If you look through the menus, you should be able to find it fairly easily. Which app do you prefer? I (or someone else) will gladly give specific instructions if you tell us which app you would rather use. Personally, I don't like Premiere.

Here's a quickie example I just slapped together using FCP3. I've keyed out the color of the wall behind this girl. Of course, this is not a good example because the wall is white and other white stuff gets cut out too. I just don't have any green screen footage on hand.

[ 04-21-2002: Message edited by: starfleetX ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 4
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    Thanks a lot man, you should get your name somewhere in the credits of my movie.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    just as a general note;

evenly and abundantly lighting your backdrop will save you lots of heartache in post.