Crashing whilst asleep

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I'm running os10.0.4 on a tft imac. Its been running perfectly since february but in the last two weeks, probably since 10.0.3, when I wake it from sleep in the morning, it doesn't wake up and am compelled to switch off and restart.

Would be grateful for any ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    allinoneallinone Posts: 279member
    what's a tft iMac?

Why haven't you upgraded to 10.1?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    ezzieezzie Posts: 27member
    sorry meant to say 10.1.4. As to tft, read lcd, flat screen etc.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Problem fixed. Zapped the PRAM till it chimed four times and then removed the com.apple.powermanagement.plist from the Library and reset the settings in energy saver.

Now can sleep peacefully.

e
  • Reply 4 of 6
    What and how did you do that? My iMac has serious sleep issues, so I've had to disable it and only use HD sleep and screen sleep.

Any advice gratefully received!

David
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Switch off mac and restart with apple, ctrl, p and r keys pressed, keep holding them down till the mac will restart but the screen remains black wait for it to chime four times and then release the keys for it to start up. Then go into the hard disk and the Library folder and remove the com.apple.powermanagement.plist file. Then in System preferences select energy saver and set your hard disk and sleep settings as you wish, you'll notice that the com.apple.powermanagement.plist file is recreated in the Library folder, now put the system to sleep and it ought to be ok. Good luck. e
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Switch off mac and restart with apple, ctrl, p and r keys pressed, keep holding them down till the mac will restart but the screen remains black wait for it to chime four times and then release the keys for it to start up. Then go into the hard disk and the Library folder and remove the com.apple.powermanagement.plist file. Then in System preferences select energy saver and set your hard disk and sleep settings as you wish, you'll notice that the com.apple.powermanagement.plist file is recreated in the Library folder, now put the system to sleep and it ought to be ok. Good luck. e