changing the startup sound

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Does anyone know if it's possible to modify the startup sound?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    [quote]Originally posted by SoopaDrive:

<strong>Does anyone know if it's possible to modify the startup sound?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes, i do know that. It's not possible because this Sound is in the Boot-ROM, and cannot be changed.

Defiant

(YES ! First Post!)
  • Reply 2 of 5
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    Yea...and besides, why would you want to change that pleasing "wammmm" sound? So hypnotic...

You can, however, change the startup pic by placing a .pict into the system folder called "Startup Screen" or by modifying the System File in ResEdit...instructions <a href="http://homepage.mac.com/jamosoft/MOSSATM.html"; target="_blank">here</a>.

[EDIT: Fixed URL]

[ 04-24-2002: Message edited by: Spart ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 5
    [quote]Originally posted by Spart:

<strong>Yea...and besides, why would you want to change that pleasing "wammmm" sound? So hypnotic...</strong><hr></blockquote>Actually, I much preferred the previous "tong-mm" startup sound from the Quadra era or even the "chung-doodle-doodle-doodle" from the PowerMac 6200's and Performa 61xx-62xx series.

:cool:
  • Reply 4 of 5
    fotnsfotns Posts: 301member
    I like the clear sounding guitar chord from the 7100 or 8100.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Reason I asked this is because I would like to change my G4 startup chime to the Twentieth Anniversary mac startup chime. That has got to be the sweetest sounding startup chime I have ever heard. (Download MacTracker to hear it)