DP 533 to DP 1GHz

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Is it possible to take the cpu module out of the DP 1GHz and put it in my ol` 533 I`m pretty sure there has not been too many changes to the mobo I`m more worried about power consumption and whatnot any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    I would *think* it would work, but why would you want to do that??
  • Reply 2 of 5
    I did`nt want to do it any time soon.

I was thinking when I go to upgrade my computer sooner then later and I`m sure it would be much cheeper to do that then get a new computer.

With any luck Apple will revise there mother boards in NY in witch case making the 1Ghz the fastest I could go.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    I think I know what you are saying now... I am pretty sure Sonnet could release something like that... As far as I know they are still using the same socket.

[ 04-26-2002: Message edited by: Jeremiah Rich ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 5
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    [quote]Originally posted by Jeremiah Rich:

<strong>I think I know what you are saying now... I am pretty sure Sonnet could release something like that... As far as I know they are still using the same socket.

[ 04-26-2002: Message edited by: Jeremiah Rich ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

I have a G4 533 and at this time, i can't upgrade the processor : the fastest G4 available is stuck at 550 mhz (100 mhz bus) and 533 mhz (for 133 and 66 mhz bus). No upgrade company has presented a 7450 or 7455 upgrade based card.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    What I was originally getting at was not installing an upgrade card but taking the whole processor card out of the newer machine and putting it on the old