Apple's latest OS X 10.8.3 beta provided to developers

2»

Comments

• Reply 19 of 30
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    denmaru wrote: »
    God dammit, I wish they finally fix the memory management in 10.7.6 or 10.8.5. My RAM is getting used up for nothing.

10.7.6 or 10.8.5 not sure I follow ...

Just a suggestion, try running in safe mode (boot with shift key held) and compare RAM usage assuming 'used up' you mean 'allocated'. If 'used up' means 'fast draining' perhaps you need a new battery. My 2010 MBP really improved after a new battery. On top of that stick in an SSD as a boot drive. That makes a huge difference to everything.
  • Reply 19 of 30
    God dammit, I wish they finally fix the memory management in 10.7.6 or 10.8.5. My RAM is getting used up for nothing.

Just a suggestion, try running in safe mode (boot with shift key held) and compare RAM usage assuming 'used up' you mean 'allocated'. If 'used up' means 'fast draining' perhaps you need a new battery. My 2010 MBP really improved after a new battery. On top of that stick in an SSD as a boot drive. That makes a huge difference to everything.
  • Reply 19 of 30

• Reply 19 of 30

• Reply 25 of 30
    Hey Mods OMG! I posted once and it seems there are a trillion posts! Sorry but no idea what happened. Hope it's an easy fix!
  • Reply 26 of 30

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Hey Mods OMG! I posted once and it seems there are a trillion posts! Sorry but no idea what happened. Hope it's an easy fix!

Interesting...

"The man now shows signs of memory loss. Everything is going as it should."

• Reply 27 of 30
    Interesting...

"The man now shows signs of memory loss. Everything is going as it should."

mmm ... well I think my own personal head RAM is ok ... lol ... I checked my logs and it seems my FiOS connection had a wee fit for about five seconds at the exact moment I posted. It must have looped the send. I've never seen happen that before. I would have though the blog would have rejected duplicate posts anyway.

I'm just glad I wasn't posting something I'd regret later! :D
  • Reply 28 of 30

If this update doesn't fix the lack of DDC/CI communication to monitors driven by nVidia cards, it'll screw over a lot of designers, filmmakers, and photographers who haven't been able to calibrate their non-Apple monitors since Mountain Lion.  It's ridiculous this is still broken.

• Reply 29 of 30
    tazznb wrote: »
    They need to correct the changes they made to reminders, and most of all to Safari's activity monitor. UPGRADE means to improve..... not castrate. :(

I'm sorry, but older versions of OS X seemed much better than this current catastrophe.

Please no flames. Just being honest.

No offense taken. Some systems have issues with it no doubt. I myself experienced the battery life issue on my MBP but others have not. Not sure if they fixed it or if I have just gotten used to charging it more often. Other than that though it had been a pretty solid upgrade for me.
  • Reply 30 of 30

I do really hope they have fixed the bug that I and several others have filed where ethernet bonding does not simply work at all in 10.8

Generally 10.8 has been my best OSX thus far, but this issue has caused me to "upgrade" our file server back to 10.6.8 to get this working again.

There is also an issue which is very hard to trace with video tearing in Final Cut Pro 7 in 10.8 - I imagine the solution is "use FCPX" but we are not ready to do so yet.

My worry is that the network bonding is a big clanger of a bug that has been known about since 10.8.0 however has not been addressed after both 10.8.1 and 10.8.2. As this does not seem to be an issue in 10.7, I am unsure why this even came about.

Another sign that that the focus is not on anything in the Pro/Server/Small Business arena at present, as far as bug fix priority goes.