LCD Display sleep w/o Tower sleeping

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I've tried several things to get my display to sleep without making the cpu sleep.

I want to be able to let stuff render overnight, but don't want the display on overnight. When I turn the LCD off with the power button on the front, the tower sleeps. If I set the display to sleep separately from the tower in power management, the display never goes to sleep.

Short of unplugging the display from the tower, is there a way to get this to work?

Am I missing something obvious?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    neutrino23neutrino23 Posts: 1,562member
    I have the same setup, LCD and G4 tower and I am running OS X. In the energy saver CP I select separate times for the display to sleep and the computer to sleep. It works as advertised.

If the display doesn't sleep perhaps something is keeping it awake though I have never seen a program which could do that.

Is this OS 9 or X? You could try zapping the PRAM.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    ryukyuryukyu Posts: 450member
    [quote]Originally posted by neutrino23:

<strong>I have the same setup, LCD and G4 tower and I am running OS X. In the energy saver CP I select separate times for the display to sleep and the computer to sleep. It works as advertised.

If the display doesn't sleep perhaps something is keeping it awake though I have never seen a program which could do that.

Is this OS 9 or X? You could try zapping the PRAM.</strong><hr></blockquote>

It's OSX and I have tried what you suggest.

I'll try zapping PRAM.

Thanks for the response.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    ryukyuryukyu Posts: 450member
    Tried the pram thing. No luck.

No matter what I try, I can't get the display to sleep.

Anyone else have any ideas?