Briefly: 'jOBS' biopic slated to open in theaters on April 19

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
It was announced on Wednesday that "jOBS," the independent biopic starring Ashton Kutcher as late Apple cofounder Steve Jobs, will hit theaters on April 19.

Kutcher/Gad

The Hollywood Reporter was first to report the release date, and noted it would coincide with Apple's 37th anniversary. Apple was founded on April 1, 1976 and incorporated on Jan. 3, 1977.

According to the film's producers, jOBS will chronicle the defining 30 years of the tech mogul from 1971 to 2000.

Alongside Kutcher will be Ahna O'Reilly in the role of Jobs' ex-girlfriend Chris-Ann Brennan, while broadway star Josh Gad will play Steve Wozniak. Other cast members include Matthew Modine as former Apple CEO John Sculley.

The indie film is not to be confused with a big-budget Sony-backed picture that has Academy and Emmy Award winner Aaron Sorkin (The Social Network) adapting Walter Isaacson's official biography. Unlike jOBS, Sorkin's version will take place over the course of three scenes that will portray the pivotal moments leading up to the product unveilings of the original Mac, NeXT and the iPod.

Ahead of the April 19 release date, jOBS will make its world premiere at the Sundance Film Festival as a closing night film on Jan. 27.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    tylerk36tylerk36 Posts: 1,037member

Opens April 19th and goes to the dollar theater on April 22nd.  Released on iTunes reluctantly on April 23.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2357129/

• Reply 2 of 10
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

Who...

• Reply 3 of 10
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

...cares!

• Reply 4 of 10
    I for one couldn't care.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Jay-Obs...
  • Reply 6 of 10

It's an Apple-not-so-closely-but-still-related-Insider news, right?

• Reply 7 of 10
    stelligentstelligent Posts: 2,680member

April 19 - 3rd Friday of the month = date of expiry for options.

Clearly, this movie was made to manipulate $AAPL.

• Reply 8 of 10

Ashton Kutcher isn't really an actor. I mean, he plays an actor in real life but all you really get is Ashton "That 70's Show" Kutcher. I don't think I could bear to watch and hear Michael Kelso, dim-witted pretty boy, trying to channel Steve Jobs.

• Reply 9 of 10

Originally Posted by apersona View Post

Ashton Kutcher isn't really an actor. I mean, he plays an actor in real life…

Shouldn't that make him a pretty good actor? Agh, my brain… 

• Reply 10 of 10
    Oh great.