Tim Cook: Apple's product pipeline is 'chock full' of 'incredible stuff'

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Apple Chief Executive Tim Cook teased on Wednesday that his company has big plans for the rest of 2013, though he unsurprisingly declined to get into specifics.

2013 Predictions
Source: KGI Securities

Cook told analysts during his company's quarterly earnings conference call that Apple's product pipeline is "chock full" of "incredible stuff." He said Apple has many ideas about where it wants to go, and will reveal those plans when the time is right.

Among the plans for 2013 are continuing improvements to the Maps application that debuted in iOS 6. Cook revealed that local information and 3D flyover data will be added and enhanced over time.

The CEO also revealed that usage of Maps is "significantly higher" than it was prior to the launch of iOS 6. Previously, the Maps application was driven by Google Maps, and did not offer features such as turn-by-turn directions.

But Cook also noted that while his company could simply slap the Apple logo onto a product and it would sell, that's not their approach.

"The most important thing to Apple is to make the best products in the world that enrich customers' lives," Cook said. He said that Apple is "not interested in revenue for revenue's sake."

Comments

• Reply 1 of 145

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Cook told analysts during his company's quarterly earnings conference call that Apple's product pipeline is "chock full" of "incredible stuff."

Of course it is, and we'll be here to buy it as soon as it goes on sale.

• Reply 2 of 145
    welshdogwelshdog Posts: 1,897member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Of course it is, and we'll be here to buy it as soon as it goes on sale.

Yes.

Yes we will.

• Reply 3 of 145
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member
    I believe him. I do have a feeling there's quite a bit cooking over at Apple, and I can't wait to see what it is.
  • Reply 4 of 145
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member

Quote:

(Cook) said that Apple is "not interested in revenue for revenue's sake."

Great Tim, but your shareholders apparently are...

• Reply 5 of 145
    ifij775ifij775 Posts: 470member
    Yea, and this conference call was "chock full" of something else.
  • Reply 6 of 145

Quote:

Originally Posted by hentaiboy View Post

Great Tim, but your shareholders apparently are...

Are high-frequency computer trading algorithms really considered "shareholders"?

• Reply 7 of 145

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

I do have a feeling there's quite a bit cooking over at Apple…

Subtle, and obviously unintentional, but I found it funny.

• Reply 8 of 145
    blackbookblackbook Posts: 1,361member

Maybe a big NFC payment system is gonna be the BIG THING for them this year?

• Reply 9 of 145
    Are high-frequency computer trading algorithms really considered "shareholders"?

Algorithms have feelings too, ya know.
  • Reply 10 of 145
    bdkennedy1bdkennedy1 Posts: 1,459member

Been hearing this for over a year now.

• Reply 11 of 145
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member

Quote:

Apple Chief Executive Tim Cook teased on Wednesday that his company has big plans for the rest of 2013, though he unsurprisingly declined to get into specifics.

2013 Predictions

Source: KGI Securities

Cook told analysts during his company's quarterly earnings conference call that Apple's product pipeline is "chock full" of "incredible stuff." He said Apple has many ideas about where it wants to go, and will reveal those plans when the time is right. *

* Note the chart above is simply guesswork and has absolutely no resemblance to anything factual.

Fixed that for ya, AI'!

• Reply 12 of 145

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdkennedy1 View Post

Been hearing this for over a year now.

iPad Mini and new iMac. More retina MacBooks. New form factor of iPhone/iPod Touch. New iPod Nano.

And lightning connectors¡

• Reply 13 of 145
    Please let it be an iBand ....

• Reply 14 of 145
    garypgaryp Posts: 150member

Proud to be long AAPL and sure that Apple will continue to come through for us for many years to come.

• Reply 15 of 145
    alfiejralfiejr Posts: 1,524member

i'm rooting for the iOS iWatch. that's something i might buy. and they could sell a billion! the last thing i want is some shit in front of my eyeball(s) like Google is hyping. i'm not a cyborg or combat pilot.

• Reply 16 of 145

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackbook View Post

Maybe a big NFC payment system is gonna be the BIG THING for them this year?

that's old school.  What may be NEW to you isn't new to droid.

• Reply 17 of 145
    blackbookblackbook Posts: 1,361member
    koban4max wrote: »
    that's old school.  What may be NEW to you isn't new to droid.

Most android users don't use 90% of the features offered them because they don't know how to use the features or are just clueless.

On the other hand when Apple starts mobile payment a lot more fanfare will be made of it. Consumers will actually get behind the idea and use the system. Making everyone more money.
  • Reply 18 of 145

Quote:

. He said that Apple is "not interested in revenue for revenue's sake."

Is it even legal to state this?

• Reply 19 of 145

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfiejr View Post

i'm rooting for the iOS iWatch. that's something i might buy. and they could sell a billion! the last thing i want is some shit in front of my eyeball(s) like Google is hyping. i'm not a cyborg or combat pilot.

Combat pilots get the girls.

• Reply 20 of 145

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackbook View Post

Most android users don't use 90% of the features offered them because they don't know how to use the features or are just clueless.

On the other hand when Apple starts mobile payment a lot more fanfare will be made of it. Consumers will actually get behind the idea and use the system. Making everyone more money.

You forgot "revolutionary", "groundbreaking" and "amazing" in that sentence.