Apple seeds eighth OS X 10.8.3 beta build with no known issues

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Apple on Thursday issued the eighth beta of OS X 10.8.3, the forthcoming maintenance update for Mountain Lion, with minor changes made to Wi-Fi assets

Seed

The latest pre-release build, designated as "12D58," was seeded to developers just over a week after Apple sent out the previous beta of OS X Mountain Lion. Any changes that may have been made to the software from its previous release are unknown.

As with earlier releases, the latest 12D58 build asks developers to focus their energies toward testing AirPlay, AirPort, Game Center, Graphics Drivers, and Safari.

Since December, developers have been able to receive update notifications through Software Update and download beta builds directly from the Mac App Store by using the new "OS X Software Update Seed Configuration Utility."

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    I'm not sure where the problem resides but I can't send a hyperlink from iMessage and have it show up as a clickable link on iDevices. It just shows up as plaintext of the link's title.
  • Reply 2 of 13

Christ on a stick, an 8th beta now? Come on Cook, shit or get off the pot already. How many betas of iOS 6.1 and 10.8.3 are you going to dangle about until both go GM? This is getting ridiculous.

• Reply 3 of 13

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I'm not sure where the problem resides but I can't send a hyperlink from iMessage and have it show up as a clickable link on iDevices. It just shows up as plaintext of the link's title.

Hasn't this always been the case? I don't know what's up with iMessage lately, but half of what I write for the last week and a half end up being sent as text messages.

• Reply 4 of 13
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member
    Any reports on Core Graphics being optimized (again)?
    Mountain Lion brought down Core Graphics significantly.. especially for me on retina Macbook Pro. Kinda missing the days of Snow Leopard - the first operating system by Apple that was launched with "optimization" as a key feature. It should always be a key feature if you ask me.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cash907 View Post

Christ on a stick, an 8th beta now? Come on Cook, shit or get off the pot already. How many betas of iOS 6.1 and 10.8.3 are you going to dangle about until both go GM? This is getting ridiculous.

Only makes sense if it's the last Mountain Lion before the next big cat.

• Reply 6 of 13
    vaelianvaelian Posts: 446member
    cash907 wrote: »

Ridiculous would be to release a buggy patch. Apple's QA has been terrible lately, I'm glad to see something being done about it.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    vaelianvaelian Posts: 446member
    palegolas wrote: »
    Any reports on Core Graphics being optimized (again)?
    Mountain Lion brought down Core Graphics significantly.. especially for me on retina Macbook Pro. Kinda missing the days of Snow Leopard - the first operating system by Apple that was launched with "optimization" as a key feature. It should always be a key feature if you ask me.

Last time they attempted to optimize Webkit, they created a rendering issue on MacBook Pros with dual GPUs that's yet to be fixed on Safari 6.
  • Reply 8 of 13

Great! They focus pretty hard on graphics and WIFI, performance, Windows 8 support for bootcamp! Should be just perfect!

• Reply 9 of 13
    alexmitalexmit Posts: 112member
    Now release a new Mac Pro. I mean new hardware that is up to date for pro use. The current batch isn't a huge step up from what I already have that runs 10.7.
  • Reply 10 of 13

Originally Posted by Cash907 View Post

You'll whine if they take too much time.

You'll whine if they release it too quickly.

We've learned to tune people like you out.

Originally Posted by Alexmit View Post

Now release a new Mac Pro. I mean new hardware…

What else would you have meant? image

The current batch isn't…

Yeah, it's 2010's hardware. They're not trying to hide that.

a huge step up from what I already have that runs 10.7.

Well, that's a subjective statement based on whatever you have. A lot of hardware runs 10.7.

• Reply 11 of 13

I hope my MBP will stop dropping off the wifi at my house after this release.  It's rock solid in boot camp but not in OSX, so I know the issue isn't hardware. 

• Reply 12 of 13
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    solipsismx wrote: »

This is working for me on latest build.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    This is working for me on latest build.

I'll check it out on my new iMac and if the problem isn't there I'll reinstall Mac OS X. However, I had to reinstall it to setup Fusion Drive and the issue is still there so I doubt it's my Mac.