Ship times for 21.5" iMac slips to 2-3 weeks on US Apple Online Store

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 109
    steven n.steven n. Posts: 1,229member

Quote:

Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Obviously you do not.

I must and you must not if you don't see Apple having grown 70% in the last 18 months.

• Reply 102 of 109

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaelian View Post

The logic does not apply because you are ignoring cause and effect. Had Jobs been there, he would have most likely not green lit the production of the new iMac, or many other things that are currently causing problems due to not being ready. Even though he set those things in motion, the responsibility of bringing them into production wasn't his. Furthermore, Apple has been losing value since September, and before then wasn't progressing much since April, either, two points that coincided with the release of the new MacBook Pros and the iPhone 5. This is not to mention that Cook hasn't even been CEO for 18 months.

Like he green lit the White iPhone 4?

Oh snap.

Like he geen lit MobileMe?

Oh snap.

You can go on for a long time on the times Steve Green Lit that were far from successes.  Keep trying.

• Reply 103 of 109

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven N. View Post

I must and you must not if you don't see Apple having grown 70% in the last 18 months.

Apple has grown that much (if we include the stagnant fiscal 2011 4th quarter as the beginning period of growth and the fiscal 2013 1st quarter as the end period) but I do not credit Cook with the entirety of that growth by any means whatsoever (which means I'd rather compare yoy quarters and that I give Cook only 2012 as his first true calendar year because Job's influence on the entirety of 2011 is undeniable imo).

If you want to compare net profit fiscal q1 2012 to q1 2013... well, let's do that. Hmmmm... yup... 70%... sure... uh huh...

• Reply 104 of 109

Quote:

Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

As I said... I'm waiting until 2013 is over before I pass judgement.

You passed judgment 18 months ago.

• Reply 105 of 109

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven N. View Post

Blocked

• Reply 106 of 109
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    steven n. wrote: »

:D
  • Reply 107 of 109

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaelian View Post

If there's such a huge pool of evidence like you claim, then there's no reason for failing to quote a sample...

That post doesn't even address decreased demand.

See above.

Citation needed.

The point of the sarcasm is to troll through a straw man fallacy.

Citation?  An example would do:

Try reading AppleInsider

http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/155453/iphone-5-order-cuts-dismissed-as-not-news-simply-noise

http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/155598/attempting-to-decipher-supply-chain-data-is-a-fools-errand-tim-cook-says

• Reply 109 of 109
    Cook is doing fine. He is not perfect but neither was Jobs. Apple is making boo-coos of profit, selling boo-coos of product. Nothing to worry about.