Users experiencing issues updating 5th-gen iPod touch to iOS 6.1

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    It's fixed - save the foaming for the next 'cirsis'
  • Reply 22 of 28
    I just got the same message with my iPhone 5. No problem with wifi connection with safari and updating other apps, just updating to iOS 6.1.

Correction: it's trying to load 6.0.2.
  • Reply 23 of 28

No problem updating my iPod Touch 5G, wireless update was very quick and update is working well.

• Reply 24 of 28
    Updated my iPod Touch to iOS 6.1 update, via wireless, seamlessly. Very quick download and the reboot was also quick. The update is working well so far. Will post if anything adverse happens.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    I too, had a similar problem yet I know I had 10.5 Meg's down had downloaded the update yet right before it rebooted during verification a "this update is not available at this time" message appeared, this was not a iPod touch 5g yet Apples other 4" screen device the iPhone 5
  • Reply 26 of 28
    I did not have this problem. Updated iPad and red iPod to 6.1 over wifi. iPad asked me to choose wifi, iPod did not. iPad has never been connected by cable. The only thing I would like is abetter camera. Dude!
  • Reply 27 of 28
    I updated my iPod touch 5th gen with iTunes last night. No problems at all.
  • Reply 28 of 28
    OK - here's the reason for the software update failure - the UPDATE was being rejected because the VERSION of the UPDATE was incorrectly named.

The iTunes (and Xcode) updater code for devices will, in many cases, not let you DOWNGRADE software - meaning go back to a version of the code which is less than the version of the code you currently have installed.

In this case, for example, the existing code version might have been something like 10B5129 - and the UPGRADE code version should have been something like 10B5143. However, it appears that the '5' was left out of the upgrade package's code version name and the effective version ended up being 10B143.

Because the comparison of 10B143 was numerically 'LESS' than 10B5129, the upgrade was halted because it apparently was a DOWNGRADE.

From what I understand, those developers who pursued this line of thought were able to make a small change to the definitions files in the upgrade packages and their upgrades were then properly installed.

As best I know, this problem has been eliminated by way of newly minted installers that have a 'valid' upgrade version number.