iPad mini shipments rumored to hit 12 million in Q1 2013

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
Apple's component supply chain may have managed to resolve supply issues, as new reports out of China have production ramping up for the iPad mini as well as the shortage-plagued new iMac.

The report comes by way of CCIDNet, which cited industry source claims that iPad mini supply constraints have been overcome. Those sources expect first quarter iPad mini shipments to reach about 11 million units.

iMacs

Likewise, the source claims that Apple's suppliers have solved the new iMac bottleneck, and shipments of Apple's all-in-one desktop can be expected to increase in the first quarter.

This second report is somewhat troublesome, as CCIDNet's account puts iMac shipments at 14 million units for the first quarter, while Apple shipped only about 4.4 million Macs total last quarter. The figure may be the result of a typo or mistranslation.

The amount may be in question, but the report itself seems somewhat supported by previous indicators. Last week, shipping times for the iPad mini began dropping to 3-5 business days, indicating that supply may be catching up to demand. Last week also brought reports that the assembling conformity rate for the new iMacs had been improved, with suppliers predicting better supply and stronger sales.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16

Strange, don't you think ? All rumors turn out now to be positive for Apple ... A miracle ???

• Reply 2 of 16

Originally Posted by umrk_lab View Post

Strange, don't you think ? All rumors turn out now to be positive for Apple ... A miracle ???

No, just back to the standard crap of lying about how well Apple will do, setting unrealistic expectations, and then tanking the stock when they invariably fail to meet them. 

• Reply 3 of 16

Maybe they're "ramping up" production because they're almost ready to produce the iPad mini 2.

• Reply 4 of 16

Quote:

Originally Posted by umrk_lab View Post

All rumors turn out now to be positive for Apple

I just read a piece on SeekingAlpha that said Apple's growth in China is not as good as reported. The argument was that if you subtracted iPhone 5 sales from the latest quarter, then the remaining sales actually decreased slightly from the previous quarter. So there you have it: Apple's sales are decreasing in China... if you don't count the products they sold.

Yeah, that sounds real positive.

• Reply 5 of 16
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    No, just back to the standard crap of lying about how well Apple will do, setting unrealistic expectations, and then tanking the stock when they invariably fail to meet them. 

Exactly. The bidding war is getting read to start all over. This rumor says 12 M. Next week, someone will say 14 M. Then 20 M. Then 30 M. And when Apple fails to hit the ridiculous 30 M number, their shares will crash again.

It's too bad no one ever verifies the credibility of these analysts. If they did, the numbers would get a lot more reasonable in a hurry.
  • Reply 6 of 16

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyPaul View Post

I just read a piece on SeekingAlpha that said Apple's growth in China is not as good as reported. The argument was that if you subtracted iPhone 5 sales from the latest quarter, then the remaining sales actually decreased slightly from the previous quarter. So there you have it: Apple's sales are decreasing in China... if you don't count the products they sold.

My advice is to not read Seeking Alpha ! Second most full-of-shit site on the net.

• Reply 7 of 16
    rcfarcfa Posts: 1,124member
    umrk_lab wrote: »

No, the "bad" news before were intentionally slanted by big money interest who were playing the stock options market.
    e.g. the stupid lie that earnings were flat, when in fact they were up significantly on a weekly basis:
    Financial reporters who quite well knew better intentionally didn't mention or marginalized the fact that last years quarter was one week longer than this years.
    There are plenty of other things like it, like pointing out the lower Mac sales about which Apple had previously warned about and which was already priced into the stock when the original Apple warning was issued.

The Apple stock was talked down for speculative profits. At the current price, given Apple's cash hoard there's little chance of talking the stock even lower, so it's back to normal: Apple is an excellently managed, highly profitable company; so now they make money on the stocks recovery.
  • Reply 8 of 16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

... but first of all AAPL must be pushed upwards as the shorts now go long.

• Reply 9 of 16
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member

Quote:

Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

Maybe they're "ramping up" production because they're almost ready to produce The New iPad mini.

Fixed.  image

• Reply 10 of 16

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyPaul View Post

Ha! Great take, Paul.

• Reply 11 of 16
    jakebjakeb Posts: 562member

Quote:

Originally Posted by monstrosity View Post

My advice is to not read Seeking Alpha ! Second most full-of-shit site on the net.

#1 is... digitimes?

• Reply 12 of 16
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

This sucks. There is nothing but positive news now. I am extremely suspicious of this crap.

• Reply 13 of 16

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

This sucks. There is nothing but positive news now. I am extremely suspicious of this crap.

The trolls have won. We don't even believe our own good news now.

• Reply 14 of 16

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakeb View Post

#1 is... digitimes?

Actually I was thinking of Valuewalk, but DigiTimes comes close for sure!

Here's the latest headline on ValueWalk "Apple cash hoard over rated" though I could have picked any one of their insane (calculated ) ramblings.

• Reply 15 of 16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

So you should be! It's a massive psychological game, selling into false positivity, buying into false negativity. The analysts are corrupt as hell, as are most of the financial news outlets. 

And anyone who thinks I'm a conspiracy theorist for thinking that is a naive fool.

• Reply 16 of 16
    umrk_lab wrote: »

Yep. Now that Wall Street bought the stock
    for a song they have to pump up the price until the next earnings call. Don't worry though there will be more negative news about a month before the next earnings announcement to get the price down again after they have had a chance to sell off the stock and make a tidy profit.