Samsung pokes fun at Apple lawsuits in Super Bowl teaser ad

Comments

• Reply 21 of 210
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    geekdad wrote: »
    lol....you read ALL THAT into that one Super Bowl ad? Wow kinda sensitive this morning huh? Lighten up! Its Friday! :-)

Your reading comprehension stinks. I didn't read that into one superbowl ad at all. As I stated, it's a trend that all Samsung activity and advertising seems to be showing.
  • Reply 22 of 210

Quote:

Originally Posted by ascii View Post

Lol, don't start an advertising war with Apple, creators of the greatest Super Bowl ad ever (1984). They will tear you a new one.

I wish.

Apple needs to show a bit more cajones on a couple of fronts, both matters of perception than substance: competitive threats and stock price.

• Reply 23 of 210

Samsung knows this could be interpreted as a swipe at Apple and that is intentional. Like Samsung's previous commercials trying to tag Apple products as "for old people", the focus of the advertising is someone else's products instead of Samsung's. Maybe that's effective for everybody, nobody, who knows?

• Reply 24 of 210

Who is the target audience?

What is the message?

What is the purpose of the ad?

• Reply 25 of 210
    analogjackanalogjack Posts: 1,073member
    Ironically the "shushing" is s copy of Dr Evil's mannerisms in the scene with Scott.
  • Reply 26 of 210
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

I wish.

Apple needs to show a bit more cajones on a couple of fronts, both matters of perception than substance: competitive threats and stock price.

Yep. I agree. That's why I was mentioning the whole "Donald Trump" thing in a recent thread, if you might remember, though you might not have agreed with my idea.

• Reply 27 of 210

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Really? So you're now the authority on what's funny?

If I were a Samsung stockholder, I'd be royally pi$$ed. The ad does nothing to improve their brand. It does nothing to explain why someone should buy a Samsung product. It leaves the message that lawyers control the company rather than people who create something.

And for the sake of creating that impression with customers, Samsung will be paying how much for a SuperBowl ad? You really don't think they could have found a better way to spend those millions of dollars? Is it worth spending $5,000,000 on a lame joke that does nothing for your company or product?

Hahahahah you mad bro?  Wow.

• Reply 28 of 210

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

It is interesting, however, how there is a very, very clear picture of Samsung's disrespect for intellectual property:

- Losing $1 B to Apple for theft of IP

- The lame commercial where the girl in the office takes credit for the guy's work.

- This commercial making fun of the SuperBowl and teams wanting their IP to be respected.

- All the evidence from the Apple trial - such as the management meetings that revolved around how they could copy the iPhone

Their message is consistent: "we feel that we should be able to use anyone's IP no matter whether they want us to or not. Stealing is OK".

Sorry, but I don't consider that to be an acceptable message.

Even funnier.  That crystal ball you have that can see into the minds of everyone is amazing /s

• Reply 29 of 210

Quote:

I wish.

I've been a little worried ever since Cook made that apology.

• Reply 30 of 210
    Notice the '4' monkeys on the table: see, hear, say... but I can't make out the last one but it probably relates to 'what the hell, go for it'.
  • Reply 31 of 210
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    hellacool wrote: »

Hahahahah you mad bro?  Wow.

hellacool wrote: »

Even funnier.  That crystal ball you have that can see into the minds of everyone is amazing /s

Yes, you've made it clear that you think that Samsung's continued effort to justify theft of IP is funny. That says far more about you than it says about me.
  • Reply 32 of 210

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Yep. I agree. That's why I was mentioning the whole "Donald Trump" thing in a recent thread, if you might remember, though you might not have agreed with my idea.

My problem was with your Trump reference. If you had used a different analogy -- I still remember how Bush Sr. laid into Rather at CBS over innuendos -- I might agree.

At the moment, Apple is looking more like Dukakis.... image

• Reply 33 of 210

you fan boys are ridiculous.  this video is pretty funny.  and who gives a f*ck if it pokes fun at apple?  are we not allowed to do that anymore?

f*ck you.

• Reply 34 of 210
    I find it funny as hell. Too bad I don't buy phones based on how funny ads are.
  • Reply 35 of 210

This isn't the entire SuperBowl ad, it's just a teaser.

• Reply 36 of 210

LOL.

Bottom line:

Samsung adds - image funny

Apple adds -  image boooring

• Reply 36 of 210
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Quote:

My problem was with your Trump reference. If you had used a different analogy -- I still remember how Bush Sr. laid into Rather at CBS over innuendos -- I might agree.

At the moment, Apple is looking more like Dukakis.... image

No problem. You can simply switch out Trump with somebody else more to your liking.image

I think we can agree that Apple needs to have and show some more balls.

• Reply 38 of 210
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    geekdad wrote: »
    Exactly......this has NOTHING to do with Apple....

winestein2012 said
    <span style="color:rgb(24,24,24);font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;line-height:18.1875px;"> don't know if they are making fun of Apple, its more like they didn't pay for the NFL license but still want to be in the Super Bowl. Like Nike did a couple years ago had commercials about "Athletes" during the Olympics."</span>

I agree but it also has nothing to do with any Samsung product, oh except for the Galaxy Note 2 that's facing away from the camera.
  • Reply 39 of 210
    Only those who are wrapped up in following news between Apple and Samsung is going to attempt to make any connection between the two.

When I read that Samsung had made this commercial, I was actually eager to view it. I was looking for a good laugh as I thought some of their other commercials have been kind of funny. I watched this and came away very disappointed. The actors are what make it even halfway work. One could go so far to pretty easily say that it's not even a commercial but a bad attempt at a comedy skit. I follow the Apple and Samsung news and I don't really see much of a connection other than just the topic of being sued. It's about trademarks, not patents and has nothing to do with their respective markets.

If anything, I would see it more of a jab at the US government or Superbowl/NFL licensing than anything and quite frankly who really cares if it is?

Samsung, you can do better than this.
  • Reply 40 of 210
    Stay classy, Samsung. --Ron Burgundy