Samsung pokes fun at Apple lawsuits in Super Bowl teaser ad

Comments

• Reply 61 of 210
    I thought the ad spot was more of a slight to the NFL than it was to Apple.

I watched the video before I read the article and the first thing I thought was "Better call Saul" Odenkirk was indeed channeling Saul in that commercial.
  • Reply 62 of 210
    mrstepmrstep Posts: 513member

Quote:

Originally Posted by pfisher View Post

A poke at Apple? That's a stretch.

I thought the ad was jabbing the NFL. Like when the NFL sued fan sites for mentioning their teams and using team logos.

Yep. You can't say "Super Bowl", use team names, and any description of the game is the property of the NFL... I'm amazed that fans can talk about football with each other anymore. But... I guess that's somehow an Apple slam?

If it's a teaser maybe they actually do make fun of Apple elsewhere in the ad, but this clip certainly didn't.

• Reply 63 of 210

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Milli Vanilli.

Please add URLs when you quote obscure people...

• Reply 64 of 210
    stelligentstelligent Posts: 2,680member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Pretty stupid.

Obviously, there's nothing about their phone that's good enough to talk about in a commercial so they have to make something dumb like this.

Of course, they failed to mention that the jury ordered them to pay over $1,000,000,000 for their blatant copying.

It's not stupid. And is it objective to say there is nothing good enough about their phone?

Here's why it's not stupid and is in fact clever - The ad is not targeting heavily Apple-biased folks like you. There are people who will never buy Apple. There are people who are not sure. So when the second group sees the Samsung ad and talks to the first group, how do you think they will react?

Objectivity.

Objectivity.

Objectivity.

Try it. You might like it.

• Reply 65 of 210

Quote:

Originally Posted by mudman2 View Post

I think all this BS is backfiring.  I will not buy anything Samsung or Korean now.  Used to deal with them 30 years ago seems that nothing has changed, maybe too many sea slugs messes the brain up

First rule of sales, don't knock the competition because it comes over as a cheap and makes your products look inferior, which by the way they are lol

Then don't buy the iPhone, or a Mac, or iPad - chock full of Samsung goodies. You're screwed. LOL!

And to expand your ignorance about Samsung to the whole nation of South Korea, what does that say about you?

• Reply 66 of 210
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    stelligent wrote: »

It's not stupid. And is it objective to say there is nothing good enough about their phone?

Here's why it's not stupid and is in fact clever - The ad is not targeting heavily Apple-biased folks like you. There are people who will never buy Apple. There are people who are not sure. So when the second group sees the Samsung ad and talks to the first group, how do you think they will react?

Objectivity.

Objectivity.

Objectivity.

Try it. You might like it.

I accept that there are people who would never buy Apple products.

Now, please explain how this ad would make them want to buy Samsung's products.

Oh, and btw, I never said there was nothing good about Samsung's phones. I said that the fact that they don't even mention the phone in the ad suggests that THEY think so.
  • Reply 67 of 210

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

If it were up to me, anybody who finds that ad to be funny would be banned for life from this site. Luckily for those posers, it's not up to me.image

So objectivity is not allowed?

• Reply 68 of 210

Quote:

Originally Posted by geekdad View Post

Exactly......this has NOTHING to do with Apple....

That's never stopped AndroidInsider before.

• Reply 69 of 210
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Quote:

Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

And to expand your ignorance about Samsung to the whole nation of South Korea, what does that say about you?

Samsung is responsible for 20% of South Korea's economy.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2012/07/whoa-samsung-is-responsible-for-20-of-south-koreas-economy/260552/

• Reply 70 of 210
    Quit crying. It's not aimed at Apple.
  • Reply 71 of 210
    Whatever this ad is about, I doubt 90% of consumers are going to "get it".
  • Reply 72 of 210
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,212member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordon Eagan View Post

Samsung must be in trouble if they are spending money on stuff like this. I mean, it's one thing to poke fun at people waiting in a line if you can show that your product does something that theirs doesn't, but this doesn't really draw attention to any reason to use their product...it's really kind of lame. Superbowl ads are very expensive, what a waste of money.

This isn't their Superbowl ad. It's just an on-line teaser to promote the 2-minute long one that will air during the game. If you're going to spend that kind of big money they'd be foolish not to do a bit of relatively inexpensive promotion ahead of time.

• Reply 73 of 210

Quote:

Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

I'm a black or white kind of guy.

• Reply 74 of 210
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    stelligent wrote: »

Objectivity?

What objective facts are in this ad?
  • Reply 75 of 210

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Objectivity?

What objective facts are in this ad?

WTF???

• Reply 76 of 210
    Bunch of conspiracy theorists. Pathetic. But very funny readings.
  • Reply 77 of 210
    sensisensi Posts: 346member
    I fail to see how this relate to Apple in anyway... So it is me or AI who has cognitive troubles?
  • Reply 78 of 210
    It's funny. How funny? A billion dollars funny.
  • Reply 79 of 210
    I actually like this. Unlike the other ads, they don't mock people. Also I don't think it's attacking apple.
  • Reply 80 of 210

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightknight View Post

Please add URLs when you quote obscure people...

Funny.image

Even though Milli Vanilli was guilty of perpetrating a musical fraud, I do believe that they were more original than Samsung is when it comes to their phones and tablets.

And speaking of the super bowl, not that I really care, but I wonder if Beyonce is going to lip sync again, like she did during the inauguration? That is a pretty lame thing to do.