Samsung pokes fun at Apple lawsuits in Super Bowl teaser ad

Comments

• Reply 81 of 210
    Are you freaking serious zoffdino?

You're gonna complain and say this low class? Did you not laugh at the I'm a mac/I'm a PC commercials that Apple used to run?

It's funny. It's completely hypocritical. It's the pot calling the kettle black. But it's funny. Too bad Apple didn't come up with the idea first.
  • Reply 82 of 210
    a teaser for the new Samsung four, generating buzz, being the new cool by hiring the "lawyer" from Breaking Bad, trying to make Apple look like yesterdays news. Bigger is better, and Samsung is driving that as hard as they can. and by market share, not doing too bad. Apple better realize that one phone, one form factor, one size, doesn't fit everyone.
  • Reply 83 of 210
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,654member

Personally, I think interpreting this ad as a hit on Apple borders on paranoid insanity.    IMO, it's much more of a hit on the insanity of the ability of sports organizations to protect their trademarks to an absurd extent - like the British bakery who was made by lawyers for the Olympics to take down a store display of three intersecting pretzels.    

If they had made fun of the ability of someone to patent, copyright or trademark rectangles or curved corners, it would have been about Apple.   But this ad wasn't.   Apple fans need to be less sensitive.    Samsung has certainly had no reservations directly attacking Apple in their ad of people waiting on line for a new phone, so if they wanted to attack Apple, they certainly could have done so more directly.

• Reply 84 of 210
    Most iPhone / iPad users are too busy enjoying their iOS devices and iTunes content to give a rats ass about Samsung's self-conscious commercial.
  • Reply 85 of 210

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightknight View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Milli Vanilli.

Please add URLs when you quote obscure people...

Milli Vanilli doesn't really have anything to say... Either!

• Reply 86 of 210
    Some of you take things (and yourselves) too seriously. I don't think the ad was aimed at Apple...and so what if it was? Will it honestly change anything? Does it really affect your life in any meaningful way?
  • Reply 87 of 210
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Milli Vanilli doesn't really have anything to say.

50% of Milli Vanilli definitely doesn't have anything to say, because I believe that one half of Milli Vanilli committed suicide a long time ago.

• Reply 88 of 210
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    zoetmb wrote: »
    Personally, I think interpreting this ad as a hit on Apple borders on paranoid insanity.    IMO, it's much more of a hit on the insanity of the ability of sports organizations to protect their trademarks to an absurd extent - like the British bakery who was made by lawyers for the Olympics to take down a store display of three intersecting pretzels.    

If they had made fun of the ability of someone to patent, copyright or trademark rectangles or curved corners, it would have been about Apple.   But this ad wasn't.   Apple fans need to be less sensitive.    Samsung has certainly had no reservations directly attacking Apple in their ad of people waiting on line for a new phone, so if they wanted to attack Apple, they certainly could have done so more directly.

I agree that it's not about Apple.

That doesn't make it any less stupid.
  • Reply 89 of 210
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    "Apple wrote:
    [" url="/t/155748/samsung-pokes-fun-at-apple-lawsuits-in-super-bowl-teaser-ad/40#post_2269585"]50% of Milli Vanilli definitely doesn't have anything to say, because I believe that one half of Milli Vanilli committed suicide a long time ago.

Get it right, he 'accidentally' took too many pills and drank too much.
  • Reply 90 of 210
    Couple Things:

1. Those of you saying this is a waste of a superbowl Ad... it's not the superbowl Ad. It is, as the title says, a teaser for the superbowl Ad.

2. I'm a huge apple fan. Own ALL apple products. I find this ad to be hilarious and effective. It out apples apple. It, along with their other ads, is doing what the "I'm a Mac Ads" did to Microsoft. Samsung is slowly painting Apple as the new Microsoft. Old, not funny, not cutting edge, not innovative. I know this single ad doesn't do that, but all of their ads in total are chipping away at the Apple image of being popular, new, and up to date. iOS is stale. The iPhone is small and stale. They are creating that with their ads.

3. If you don't think this is a shot at Apple... you're crazy!
  • Reply 91 of 210
    Boy, someone has a hardon for my posts. It keeps getting deleted.
  • Reply 92 of 210

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Milli Vanilli doesn't really have anything to say.

50% of Milli Vanilli definitely doesn't have anything to say, because I believe that one half of Milli Vanilli committed suicide a long time ago.

I did not know that.  The realtors who sold our house in 1989 – 1990 were big Milli Vanilli fans...

I never appreciated their taste and got sick of hearing about them  -- while watching the price of our house (and the market) tank.  

I was not surprised to hear they were phonies... and thought good riddance...

No personal slight to anyone intended.

• Reply 93 of 210

They aren't in the business of being classy. They are in the business of selling phones and making money. I find this to be funny... and with their other ads to be an effective chipping away of the apple image.

• Reply 94 of 210

Originally Posted by BauTC View Post

2. I'm a huge apple fan. Own ALL apple products.

Doesn't matter. Just state your opinion!

Also, no, you don't.

Originally Posted by BauTC View Post

…and with their other ads to be an effective chipping away of the apple image.

Never mind on that opinion bit.

• Reply 95 of 210
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

This is like a video of Hitler telling a really funny joke, but ... it's Hitler.  Hard to laugh. 

• Reply 96 of 210
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjacobi View Post

Quit crying. It's not aimed at Apple.

I find these kind of crypto-homophobic, "man-up" kind of comments really offensive.  

• Reply 97 of 210

i see nothing that pokes fun at apple...

• Reply 98 of 210

Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

I find these kind of crypto-homophobic, "man-up" kind of comments really offensive.  

Both men and women cry.

• Reply 99 of 210
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    That was funny as hell. I can't say it made me want to buy a Samsung product as they don't advertise any but it does make want Breaking Bad to start back up.

Top 10 Death Scenes in [I]Breaking Bad[/I]: http://www.beantownbanter.com/the-nosebleeds/top-10-death-scenes-from-breaking-bad
  • Reply 100 of 210

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Yes it is but that's a lot of money to spend just to be funny.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

They're not in trouble but I think it's a squandered opportunity to show millions upon millions of people what their devices can do.

Are you familiar with Super Bowl ads?  They are not infomercials.  They are funny and memorable.  You might not find it funny (and jragosta certainly does not), but it looks like more than 90% of viewers liked it.  And jragosta, before you go to Youtube and tell me that there were less than 4,000 ratings out of about 2 million views, I want to tell you that I'm using a statistical inference to extend my knowledge of a sample to the entire population.