Rumor: Apple's next iPad mini to pack 324ppi Retina display

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 94
    stelligentstelligent Posts: 2,680member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

My iPad 3 gets the same battery life as my iPad 2 did.  And as far as being heavier, for me it's barely noticeable.  With the mini Apple's biggest selling point was how thin and light it is.  Sorry but I don't see them going retina until they can do it and keep the weight and thickness down.

Don't mean to be picky but, as I am sure you know, there are actually (at least?) two versions of iPad 2. So which one are you using for comparison? Which tests did you run to objectively compare the battery performance?

• Reply 82 of 94
    stelligentstelligent Posts: 2,680member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ascii View Post

Retina displays are my favorite thing Apple is doing at the moment, I can't wait to see a really big one.

This is a bigger deal than most people (even here) give Apple credit for. Those who are dissing Apple for the lack of innovation are failing to see how Apple is (once again) dragging the industry forward. Other smartphone manufacturers have been forced to match the Retina Display. Websites are (gradually) upgrading to be compatible, not to mention apps, etc.

• Reply 83 of 94
    joshajosha Posts: 901member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

No way, man. That's crazy. What, that's like… a display with the quality of a… a retina or something. Crazy talk.

Where have YOU been?

• Reply 84 of 94
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member

Quote:

Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

This is a bigger deal than most people (even here) give Apple credit for. Those who are dissing Apple for the lack of innovation are failing to see how Apple is (once again) dragging the industry forward. Other smartphone manufacturers have been forced to match the Retina Display. Websites are (gradually) upgrading to be compatible, not to mention apps, etc.

Yes, they deserve a lot of credit for it. It's funny how quickly things just become the norm and people forget that it was actually somebody's effort that made it happen. They even invested their own money in partner manufacturing capabilities to enable them to make the higher res screens, so they made it happen in a very real physical sense, not case in an intellectual/design sense.

• Reply 85 of 94
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    I don't think any of us get offended by "fanboy", but it's often a bannable offense because it tells us you're not really here for a discussion. Most members with less than 10 posts are clearly here to troll if they call anyone fanboys. I don't understand cameronj's meltdown, but I'm locking his account in case someone else has control of it.
  • Reply 86 of 94
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member

Quote:

Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

Don't mean to be picky but, as I am sure you know, there are actually (at least?) two versions of iPad 2. So which one are you using for comparison? Which tests did you run to objectively compare the battery performance?

I had the first iPad 2. And no I didn't run any tests to "objectively compare" performance.  I'm using my iPad 3 the same way I used iPad 2 and the only difference I notice is it takes a bit longer to charge.

• Reply 87 of 94
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    stelligent wrote: »

I forgot about that. But there are plenty of possible permutations given components inside could have been made by multiple suppliers.
  • Reply 88 of 94
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    stelligent wrote: »

Good point. They are going to drag everbody's video equipment forward also. High pixel density shows the flaws in the image, as well as the good when you get it.

The other big deal, if it happens, is that the iPad mini will have the first DITO IGZO HPD (High Pixel Density) screen. The DITO will bring the pixels closer to the glass, the IGZO will (maybe) make the moving images more responsive and vibrant, and the HPD will be made more obvious by the first two. We're going to need a new name or acronym for this new kind of screen.
  • Reply 89 of 94

Originally Posted by cameronj

I'm deleting my account.

????????????????

Someone do me a favor and log into my account, change the password and email if you like.

Done and done. Left the e-mail, though, so we have it for reference. You'll be back. You can't resist. They never can.

Don't worry; you won't get subscription e-mails or anything.

• Reply 90 of 94
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

While Apple was criticized in some media outlets when the iPad mini debuted due to the lack a Retina-level display, the mini has seen strong sales in the months since its release. Supplies of the tablet have only recently begun to approach demand.

Yup.  There is zero pressure on Apple to release a Retina iPad mini.  Zero.

Having said that, I expect that Apple will release a Retina iPad mini sooner or later.

• Reply 91 of 94

Quote:

????????????????

Done and done. Left the e-mail, though, so we have it for reference. You'll be back. You can't resist. They never can.

Am I the only one who sees 4 thick big squares there? Am I missing some plug in to display correctly pictures as it was the case sometimes on windows? I'm on a macbook pro 2011 10.6.8 safari 5.1.7...

• Reply 92 of 94

Originally Posted by Yazolight View Post

Am I the only one who sees 4 thick big squares there? Am I missing some plug in to display correctly pictures as it was the case sometimes on windows? I'm on a macbook pro 2011 10.6.8 safari 5.1.7...

Ah, yep, sorry. That's Unicode emoji, which Snow Leopard didn't have. Lion and above.

• Reply 93 of 94

Quote:

????????????????

More trolls should ban themselves. Huddler should offer a "Ban Self" button.

• Reply 94 of 94

Quote:

Ah, yep, sorry. That's Unicode emoji, which Snow Leopard didn't have. Lion and above.

Not possible all, even for display ability only? I also cannot display my Bengali friends facebook status, at least on windows it took 5 sec to fix this kind of issue...