Apple's 'aggressive' approach in India increases sales by 400%

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 66
    mstone wrote: »
    mstone wrote: »
    Edit: I just searched the Google news section for the word India and there is not one story about the improving economic climate in India to be found in the first 5 pages of search results ......
    Nothing for 5 pages?! Give me a break.

I did the same, using "India GDP Growth" as the search term -- as I posted above -- and here's what I got (and the second one is the link I posted for you):
    I did not search for '<span style="background-color:rgb(241,241,241);">India GDP Growth'. I searched for just 'India'. Perhaps you missed that part of my post.</span>

<span style="background-color:rgb(241,241,241);">Funny when I search for my exact name I come out at the top of the search results.</span>

That is pathetic. To search for "India" when you're trying to answer for yourself a question on how the Indian economy is doing is perhaps a problem much much deeper than self-admitted "laziness."

Why don't you search for "USA" on Google, and tell me how many pages it takes for you to get to a story on USA's GDP growth? I dare you to do that and come back and report.
  • Reply 62 of 66
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

That is pathetic. To search for "India" when you're trying to answer for yourself a question on how the Indian economy is doing is perhaps a problem much much deeper than self-admitted "laziness."

Why don't you search for "USA" on Google, and tell me how many pages it takes for you to get to a story on USA's GDP growth? I dare you to do that and come back and report.

For some reason I am not able to adequately articulate the point I am trying to make. I was commenting on the fact that I never see any India economic news on Google News using the default settings. The only headline news about India that shows up is about other more sensationalist topics. I have admitted that I could have searched for more specific information on my own instead of asking the question in the forum but this is part of what discussions here are about. You seem hell bent on proving that I am an idiot for not being an expert on Indian economics. I recently took you off of my ignore list but now that seems like it was probably a mistake.

• Reply 63 of 66
    ijoynerijoyner Posts: 135member

Looks like my messages here about trying to find Apple in India last year have been heeded. Apart from the excellent Apple shop (not an Apple Store) on MG road in Bangalore (I bought my copy of the Jobs biography there), Apple was hard to find.

Problem is, the Indian market is all little stores, the size of a cupboard, mostly selling the same stuff. That was particularly the case with the electronics market in Madurai. You really have to get your products into the hands of these guys, where everything is a special deal in order to get product into the hands of the masses in India.

• Reply 64 of 66

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

You seem hell bent on proving that I am an idiot for not being an expert on Indian economics. I recently took you off of my ignore list but now that seems like it was probably a mistake.

Oh, I am not hell bent on proving you're "....an idiot for not being an expert on Indian economics." None of us claims to be an expert on Indian economics.

I'd be honored if you'd put me back in the 'ignore' column.

• Reply 65 of 66

Well Apple sure has increased their marketing in India. There are full front page iPhone ads popping up in the newspapers almost every week. Airtel (a huge carrier here) is marketing it too.

The EMI option gives many Indians an option of buying an iPhone easily. With a price of INR 45,500 (~ $850) for an iPhone 5, an average middle class guy earning INR 50K a month cant buy one upfront.

The market is ripe for more iPhones here. You can see Samsung S3 and Notes (and other giant phones) a lot in Mumbai. And they cost $550 to $650 or more.