FW drive wont load in osX. Works fine in os9.

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
My external FW drive will not load under osX without me having to initialize it. Under os9 the drive with all the partitions loads and works just fine. I'm assuming there's a corrupt file involved here. Any way to correct this? I tried disk warrior, but that didn't change things.

mika.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    you can try the disk utilities on the macx cd. if u startup from the cd, theres a menu option to do a disk check 'n' fix.

but, if it loads in os9 and not in osX it could be that it is formatted as hfs. while os9 can read hfs, hfs+ (and possibly others), osX (I dont thnk) can take hfs.

i'm not in front of a mac now, but u might b able to tell what kind of formatting it is if you go into macos9, and get info on the disk. i think it mentions it there. if it is hfs, u'll have to save the data onto some temp place (possibly burn some cds) and then reinit the drive as hfs+.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    All my HD are formatted as HFS+. I had this FW Maxtor HD for two years now. It was working fine in osX, until recently. Could it be os10.1.5 ?

mika.