Apple to expanded Israeli operations with Ra'anana facility

Comments

• Reply 21 of 60

Quote:

Originally Posted by hfts View Post

And so what?

So they can go on killing innocent people while protecting themselves with impunity.

The situation is not that black and white. They have a billion muslims wishing to wipe them off the face of the earth, and much of what you read is islamic propaganda.

No wonder they invest heavily in technology.

• Reply 22 of 60
    Extracted from http://tinyurl.com/c6kq5vn

Israel, the 100th smallest country, with less than 1/1000th of the world's population, can make claim to the following:

With more than 3,000 high-tech companies and start-ups, Israel has the highest concentration of hi-tech companies in the world (apart from the Silicon Valley).

Israel leads the world in the number of scientists and technicians in the workforce, with 145 per 10,000, as opposed to 85 in the U.S., over 70 in Japan, and less than 60 in Germany. With over 25% of its work force employed in technical professions. Israel places first in this category as well.

The cell phone was developed in Israel by Motorola, which has its largest development center in Israel.

Israel produces more scientific papers per capita than any other nation by a large margin -109 per 10,000 people - as well as one of the highest per capita rates of patents filed.

In proportion to its population, Israel has the largest number of startup companies in the world. In absolute terms, Israel has the largest number of startup companies than any other country in the world, except the US (3,500 companies mostly in hi-tech).

Most of the Windows NT operating system was developed by Microsoft-Israel.

The Pentium MMX Chip technology was designed in Israel at Intel.

Voice mail technology was developed in Israel.

Both Microsoft and Cisco built their only R&D facilities outside the US in Israel.
  • Reply 23 of 60

Quote:

Originally Posted by nethawk7 View Post

Israel, the 100th smallest country, with less than 1/1000th of the world's population, can make claim to the following:

With more than 3,000 high-tech companies and start-ups, Israel has the highest concentration of hi-tech companies in the world (apart from the Silicon Valley).

Israel leads the world in the number of scientists and technicians in the workforce, with 145 per 10,000, as opposed to 85 in the U.S., over 70 in Japan, and less than 60 in Germany. With over 25% of its work force employed in technical professions. Israel places first in this category as well.

The cell phone was developed in Israel by Motorola, which has its largest development center in Israel.

Israel produces more scientific papers per capita than any other nation by a large margin -109 per 10,000 people - as well as one of the highest per capita rates of patents filed.

In proportion to its population, Israel has the largest number of startup companies in the world. In absolute terms, Israel has the largest number of startup companies than any other country in the world, except the US (3,500 companies mostly in hi-tech).

Both Microsoft and Cisco built their only R&D facilities outside the US in Israel.

Bingo.

• Reply 24 of 60

Quote:

When I first read this article "expanding operations", my first thought was, those poor people from Palestine.

I wish Apple would not invest in evil countries.

There are well over 1 million Muslims - Palestinians - in Israel. It'd be nice to give them a chance to work for another Hi-Tech company, no? After all, few companies would currently risk setting up operations in the surrounding Muslim countries where standards of education and infrastrructure are so much worse. The reasons why Palestinians living in Israel don't move out is because it's better in than out! Have you seen what's happening in Lebanon, Egypt and Syria recently? What company in their right minds would invest further in any of those countries at the moment?

• Reply 25 of 60
    chiachia Posts: 713member

Quote:

Actually I agree with your comments.

That still doesn't mean Apple is right.

And by the way Apple only sells to Australia, via Apple Stores and its distribution network. So I think you need to do some research first before posting.

Are you suggesting Apple hasn't invested in Australia with the 1500 staff it employs there, the construction and running of the Apple Stores and other associated facilities?

After all, Apple products can be sold in a country without it being directly present, as is the case with many countries in Africa for example, where there are official distributors and resellers but no Apple office or store.

I have done some research, here's something to help you with yours:

http://delimiter.com.au/2012/01/24/4-88bn-baby-apple-australias-licence-to-print-money/

And if you agree with my comments, then by logic, the best thing will be for Apple to withdraw from doing any business in Israel and Australia.

But then, with such a high moral bar, Apple will have no choice but to close down, every country has its skeletons in the cupboard and unsavoury aspects and history.

Unless Apple's investment goes directly into the persecution of others, I do not see what the big fuss is about Apple investing in Israel or Australia.

• Reply 26 of 60

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtacee1990 View Post

Interesting. Never thought of Israel as a capital of technological advances. 

Really? Perhaps you don't know much about a lot of things in your tender age of 23.

• Reply 27 of 60

Quote:

When I first read this article "expanding operations", my first thought was, those poor people from Palestine.

I wish Apple would not invest in evil countries.

In my opinion, you are evil. I wish Apple would not sell their gadgets to evil people.

• Reply 28 of 60

Great, does this need moved to PO, too? image

• Reply 29 of 60
    See, Apple IS doing something with all of that overseas cash. Does that mean that lawsuit can be dropped now?
  • Reply 30 of 60
    hfts wrote: »
    And so what?
    So they can go on killing innocent people while protecting themselves with impunity.

Really? Please take your political rants elsewhere.
  • Reply 31 of 60
    nethawk7 wrote: »

Pretty impressive list. I had no idea.
  • Reply 32 of 60
    19831983 Posts: 1,225member

hfts you're a dick! Go away and get all your facts straight before going on one of your uninformed rants here. I've been over there on a number of occasions and its not what its made out to be by a long shot! Never have I been in a country where the reality is so different from what an obviously biased global media makes it out to be...never! But then you're going to believe what you want to believe no matter what aye? Not waiting for an answer to that, its just rhetorical. 

• Reply 33 of 60
    hftshfts Posts: 386member
    chia wrote: »
    Are you suggesting Apple hasn't invested in Australia with the 1500 staff it employs there, the construction and running of the Apple Stores and other associated facilities?

After all, Apple products can be sold in a country without it being directly present, as is the case with many countries in Africa for example, where there are official distributors and resellers but no Apple office or store.

I have done some research, here's something to help you with yours:

http://delimiter.com.au/2012/01/24/4-88bn-baby-apple-australias-licence-to-print-money/

And if you agree with my comments, then by logic, the best thing will be for Apple to withdraw from doing any business in Israel and Australia.

But then, with such a high moral bar, Apple will have no choice but to close down, every country has its skeletons in the cupboard and unsavoury aspects and history.

Unless Apple's investment goes directly into the persecution of others, I do not see what the big fuss is about Apple investing in Israel or Australia.

Let me clarify, I agree with your comments on the persecution of the indigenous people in Australia, that I agree on fully.
    Building a retail store is not an investment in the technological advancement of the industry in Australia, it's just a shop to sell stuff.
    Apple took the moral high ground in China, where they take advantage of low wages and no so stringent working conditions as we have and expect in the West.
    Just like ripping us of with prices, why can't they be different?
  • Reply 34 of 60
    Great, does this need moved to PO, too? :no:

My post to post 16 has been removed.
    May I ask why?
    He has advocated the murder of people and his post stays and mine doesn't.
    He has a history of posting nothing but drivel, yet he stays on as some sort of "comedy relief".
    You moderators have strange rules.
  • Reply 35 of 60
    The situation is not that black and white. They have a billion muslims wishing to wipe them off the face of the earth, and much of what you read is islamic propaganda.

No wonder they invest heavily in technology.

I don't read propaganda.
    There are not a billion Muslims trying to wipe them out.
    Every country has a right to defend themselves, only when they use disproportionate methods does it become wrong. Israel has done this many times.
  • Reply 36 of 60
    sirozha wrote: »
    In my opinion, you are evil. I wish Apple would not sell their gadgets to evil people.

In my opinion baed on your response you are a moron.
  • Reply 37 of 60
    isteelers wrote: »
    Really? Please take your political rants elsewhere.

My rants make far more sense then all your posts have ever done.
    Don't tell me what to do okay.
  • Reply 38 of 60
    1983 wrote: »
    hfts you're a dick! Go away and get all your facts straight before going on one of your uninformed rants here. I've been over there on a number of occasions and its not what its made out to be by a long shot! Never have I been in a country where the reality is so different from what an obviously biased global media makes it out to be...never! But then you're going to believe what you want to believe no matter what aye? Not waiting for an answer to that, its just rhetorical. 

I don't care for insults, so here is one back **** off yourself.
  • Reply 39 of 60

My post to post 16 has been removed.

May I ask why?

Apologies. It was in reply to a post that I had intended to remove for content but had apparently missed. The original is gone now.

• Reply 40 of 60

Note: Let's go back to talking about technology and what this new plant might mean for Apple. Let's talk about categories of recent innovations out of Israel and what that might mean for Apple. 

If there's nothing to be said in that regard, please don't post any more about the fact that this part of the world tends to not like itself very much.