'iPad 5' rumored to debut in Oct. with mini-like design, 'iPhone 5S' & plastic iPhone also coming [u

12345679»

Comments

• Reply 161 of 171

Originally Posted by habi View Post

Well you can leave atleast 30 -50 000 000 devices with ios 4.2.1 out of that equation because they are f/&(/€)in useless as you cant buy any apps.

Thanks for just up and lying. Also for moving the goalposts. Not "useless" and I just bought an app in 3.1.3. You owe me $0.99 for proving you wrong. I'll eat the tax.

The point isn't the software version they run. The point is the ecosystem exists. Which means all these old models are more likely (proven so) to update within the same ecosystem. 

• Reply 162 of 171
    habihabi Posts: 317member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Thanks for just up and lying. Also for moving the goalposts. Not "useless" and I just bought an app in 3.1.3. You owe me $0.99 for proving you wrong. I'll eat the tax.

The point isn't the software version they run. The point is the ecosystem exists. Which means all these old models are more likely (proven so) to update within the same ecosystem. 

Yada yada. None of the apps we have are 4.2.1 compatible so its useless to my family... Denial is a bad sign of self-centricity (hope Apple isnt turning its ear on customer needs, like Nokia did). Most apps we have and use arent even compatible below 5.0. So those 4.2.1 devices are just useless. Not to say that almost all those apps had a working version on 4.2.1. What a turd.

We dont buy apps because they run on 3.1.3 but out off needs. Apple fucked up the store/ app eco big time.

• Reply 163 of 171

Yada yada.

9.63/10; great rebuttal¡

None of the apps we have are 4.2.1 compatible so its useless to my family... 

Maybe update, then. You don't really have anyone to blame but yourself here. It's Apple's fault that you refuse to do anything about the "uselessness" of your devices?

Once again, you're pretending the point is something it isn't. You've completely changed the argument.

We dont buy apps because they run on 3.1.3 but out off needs. Apple fucked up the store/ app eco big time.

Again, in what possible way is it Apple's fault that you refuse to buy a product that fits your needs? I assume you whined when people stopped making software for Mac OS 9, claiming it was Apple's fault for not… what? I have no idea what you could possibly accuse them of doing.

• Reply 164 of 171
    9.63/10; great rebuttal¡

Maybe update, then. You don't really have anyone to blame but yourself here. It's Apple's fault that you refuse to do anything about the "uselessness" of your devices?

Once again, you're pretending the point is something it isn't. You've completely changed the argument.

Again, in what possible way is it Apple's fault that you refuse to buy a product that fits your needs? I assume you whined when people stopped making software for Mac OS 9, claiming it was Apple's fault for not… what? I have no idea what you could possibly accuse them of doing.

What are you talking about! Your contradicting your own theories now. Im a fan or Mac os x period. iOS Is a mixed bag for myself. Apple does policing on the AppStore. How do you mean they twisted developers arms and forced them to not sell their applications to people on older os versions. I have not seen any or that on the mac like you mention! Contrarily I can pretty much chose which version of a software I want to install!?! Now thats awesome, if only it worked on iOS aswell. But its apples policies that govern the AppStore and nobody else.
  • Reply 165 of 171

How do you mean they twisted developers arms and forced them to not sell their applications to people on older os versions. 

The beginning of this sentence is throwing me. Are you asking if I believe that, or are you stating that this is fact? Because the latter isn't true.

• Reply 166 of 171

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

The beginning of this sentence is throwing me. Are you asking if I believe that, or are you stating that this is fact? Because the latter isn't true.

Your derived to the right conclusion. If you need some clearance on what I was stating:

You said that it is not apples fault if i cant download some piece of software on os 9. Which anybody can do if they so chose. Not to compare a last decade OS to iOS or mac os X, which version 9 has nothing in common (but looks) to do with either of the before mentioned

OS´s (no binary compatibility).

As i tried to tell you that i can on my mac chose which ever version i like of a specific software and download it and install. Not that many software dont work on older mac os´s you can usually download the older version that worked with that specific os version if the developer decided to not support those older versions.

As demonstrated the iOS app ecosystem behaves excactly the other way. You can not chose any other version but the latest. This is Apples decision! Whom else can I blame but Apple??? It is Apples appstore and it is policed by Apple is it not???

If you have several devices. Updating an app will delete the old app even it it would be the only working app for another device being synched in that same itunes instance.

• Reply 167 of 171

If you have several devices. Updating an app will delete the old app even it it would be the only working app for another device being synched in that same itunes instance.

I have never had this problem. None of my apps will update beyond what is capable for my respective devices to run. This happens both on the devices themselves AND on the computers to which they sync. 

I think you may be experiencing a bug. We should bang that out!

The only bug I've ever experienced in this regard is Apple's Cards shows up on my iPad as an update, but does not allow me to update to it. This bothers me more than it otherwise would for a couple of reasons.

1) I shouldn't be seeing updates I can't receive. This behavior is anti-Apple. It just goes against that for which Apple has stood for a very long time.

2) This is a bug that has stood since the release of iOS 6. They refuse to fix it, even though it's an App Store-end bug.

3) There is ZERO about the Cards update that requires iOS 6. They could very easily let my iPad use it, and yet they don't.

• Reply 168 of 171
    I have never had this problem. None of my apps will update beyond what is capable for my respective devices to run. This happens both on the devices themselves AND on the computers to which they sync. 

I think you may be experiencing a bug. We should bang that out!

The only bug I've ever experienced in this regard is Apple's Cards shows up on my iPad as an update, but does not allow me to update to it. This bothers me more than it otherwise would for a couple of reasons.

1) I shouldn't be seeing updates I can't receive. This behavior is anti-Apple. It just goes against that for which Apple has stood for a very long time.
    2) This is a bug that has stood since the release of iOS 6. They refuse to fix it, even though it's an App Store-end bug.
    3) There is ZERO about the Cards update that requires iOS 6. They could very easily let my iPad use it, and yet they don't.

Its definately a feature. You didn't understand what happens! Picture one Mac that's used to sync to two iPhones. A 3G and an 4S. Te other is 4.2.1 and the other is 5.0. Both are using this same app that works. Now the one using ios 5.0/4S upgrades the app and syncs to the Mac. Now te other user syncs his 3G for some music. Fadam! The app disappeared or it says that it's not compatible with an iOS below 4.3. Even worse the other user with the newer iOS upgrades all his apps. Fadam! A bunch of apps disappear when the other syncs after the upgraded syncs!!!

Why does this happen? Because the older versions are deleted when an upgrader syncs!
  • Reply 169 of 171
    habi wrote: »
    Well you can leave atleast 30 -50 000 000 devices with ios 4.2.1 out of that equation because they are f/&(/€)in useless as you cant buy any apps.

Well depends on how apple will play its hand. My family will have two android devices (to my kids, instead of those ios 4.2.1 that apple bricked) by summer if i dont see those cheaper iphones or cheaper iphone4:s. After that I cant wouch for the rest. Trends can turn quite easily as you see... its easier to maintain one ecosystem of tech (apps and such).

Is it just me or doesnt anyone see the issue with iphone 4 prices atleast outside the US. Fu&€"ng MAD!!! We bought an iphone 4 16GB  2 years ago for about 280 euros. Now they sell an 8GB model for 325 Euros. What the f&%k is all that about, are they insane???

Is apple hardware the only tech in the world that gets pricier when two years has passed?!?!

Bring down that price compared to the newer phones or make a model with a cheaper BOM. That said maybe id buy a 3GS plasticback model instead if i could chose over the glass back model (well you know kids).
    99% of the App Store still uses IOS 4.X.X or younger
  • Reply 170 of 171
    99% of the App Store still uses IOS 4.X.X or younger

I'm very well aware of the fact that most work on 4.3 iOS which is the first iOS you cant install on iPhone 3G/iPod touch 2gen.

Too much so... You don't need to rubb it in!:no:
  • Reply 171 of 171
    habi wrote: »
    I'm very well aware of the fact that most work on 4.3 iOS which is the first iOS you cant install on iPhone 3G/iPod touch 2gen.

Too much so... You don't need to rubb it in!:no:
    To know recently the App Store apps are starting to require it (well less than 1%) so it will soon.