Apple planning TV-related media event in March ahead of Apple TV relaunch this fall [Update: Nope]

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

The Home Server Box, let's call it iHome, need not be much more than the current AppleTV hardware.  Ideally, it would have high speed I/O, including Thunderbolt, and connect to things like Promise Pegasus RAIDs.  

I always thought an IOS enabled Time Capsule would take on that role. In some form.

• Reply 42 of 47

Originally Posted by paxman View Post

So, basically the end of Nintendo, then. The accessory market will go nuts with controllers and games and such. 

Why would Nintendo, the only one of the Big Three with exclusive, famous, desirable properties, have anything to worry about?

• Reply 43 of 47
    saareksaarek Posts: 1,520member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

Well yes, being as I'm outside the USA too I'm well aware of this.  My point was that the BBC app could already be made today and could already be put on the Apple TV today, so therefore the argument that Apple TV "needs to get apps finally!" or some such, is a bit faulty.  

How can I place a BBC App on my Apple TV today? I suppose I could stream via my iPad but that is hardly an elegant solution, the quality is lower and I have to have two devices running to watch a single programme. No, a native app is the way to go, at least to me it is.

• Reply 44 of 47
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Why would Nintendo, the only one of the Big Three with exclusive, famous, desirable properties, have anything to worry about?

It is less hardcore than the dedicated gaming platforms, and seems to cater to much the same market. I am not a gamer so I have no idea how XBox and PS would be affected but I can see people not bothering with the Wii if an aTV can do the same and so much more.

• Reply 45 of 47
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Can't see why games deserve a place on a device that can't run them without another device (on which they actually belong) to control them.

Need another device just to watch some content why not use it for a game?
  • Reply 46 of 47

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Need another device just to watch some content why not use it for a game?

Because the content will eventually be served via the box, since that's its purpose. 

• Reply 47 of 47
    Apple TV vs. not really a TV but called Apple TV.