Exclusive: Lowest prices anywhere on over a dozen MacBook Pro Retina configurations

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
In addition to the one-off deals on some of Apple's MacBook Pro with Retina display configurations, AppleInsider is proud to once again team up with MacMall to offer readers unbeatable prices on roughly 15 MacBook Pro with Retina configurations, some of which have been slashed by over $815 from MSRP pricing that was effective just last week.

MacBook Pro

When using the links in our price guides (also below) and then manually applying AppleInsider's exclusive 3% coupon code APPINSDRMWB38717 in the promo code field that reveals itself on MacMalls MacBook Pro (and MacBook Air) pages and then manually clicking the "Apply" link, readers can save hundreds of dollars on their purchases over Apple's standard pricing.

For instance, a 2.9GHz 13" MacBook Pro with Retina display, 8GB of memory, and a 256GB flash drive, comes to just $1,697.49 with the added 3% discount ($501 savings), while a 2.6GHz 15" MacBook Pro with Retina display, 8GB of memory and a 512GB flash drive comes in at $2,327.98 ($471 savings).

The discounts become even steeper when stepping up to models with 16GB of RAM and flash drives ranging in size from 512GB to 768GB. As an example, a fully-loaded 2.5GHz 13" MacBook Pro with 8GB of memory and a 768GB flash drive sells for $2,182.49 ($816 savings) with the coupon, while a fully-loaded 2.7GHz 15" MacBook Pro with 16GB of memory and a 768GB flash drive comes in at $3,199 ($550 savings).

AppleInsider's Mac Price Guides will continue to track any price adjustments as Apple and its partners move to regain momentum in Mac sales that it lost during the most recent holiday quarter.

Please note that models highlighted in green indicate slightly revised models introduced Wednesday that have not yet made it to stores and are available for pre-order only. They're expected to begin shipping from MacMall by early next week at the latest, and the reseller works off first-come, first-serve through online pre-orders.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    What a great time to be in the market for one of those babies.
  • Reply 2 of 23
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member

Exclusive Advertising: Lowest prices anywhere on over a dozen MacBook Pro Retina configurations

Fixed!

• Reply 3 of 23
    Heh, as shameless a plug for its advertisers as this is, I do appreciate the info. Those are nice discounts.
  • Reply 4 of 23
    The standard Apple prices have not been updated, so the amount saved on some models is incorrect. Can this be fixed so that it accurately reflects Apple prices?
  • Reply 5 of 23
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

Maybe we could put these "stories" (that aren't actually stories at all but advertisements) somewhere else but the front page?  

It's just tacky the way these idiotic adverts for cheap computers have proliferated on this site lately.  They aren't articles, they don't deserve "breaking" or "feature!" status.  They are just lame advertisements. 

It makes the whole site look stupid and tacky.  There are two on the front page today alone.  

Are you guys really that desperate for nickels and dimes that you have to do this? 

• Reply 6 of 23
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

Maybe we could put these "stories" (that aren't actually stories at all but advertisements) somewhere else but the front page?  

It's just tacky the way these idiotic adverts for cheap computers have proliferated on this site lately.  They aren't articles, they don't deserve "breaking" or "feature!" status.  They are just lame advertisements. 

It makes the whole site look stupid and tacky.  There are two on the front page today alone.  

Are you guys really that desperate for nickels and dimes that you have to do this? 

It wouldn't be so bad if they did it maybe once a month or once every few weeks. But two, three times a week? It sounds a little desperate.

• Reply 7 of 23

Yeah, come on guys, this is just tacky.

This is the third time in about a week that you've shilled like this. You do this every month or so, and we roll our eyes. But now it's three times in a week. Cut it out.

You're a respectable news organization. Let's say one of your peers like the Wall Street Journal had an article on their front page: "Broker Commissions Drop in Volatile Market: Charles Schwab Offers Best Rates Ever." What would you think? You'd think, "Oh, hmm. So much for this rag—they've sold out and now we have to wonder about bias on all of their other articles."

Nobody minds you paying your bills. It's cool, we all have to pay bills, everyone knows that. But when you mix advertising in with stories, it dilutes your credibility.

What if Obama said, "And with 300,000 new immigrants, don't think how it'll affect our already high unemployment numbers, imagine how it will expand the ability for a larger market to be able to discover that Zest soap has twice the fresh-smelling, clean-rinsing lather as the leading deodorant bar."? Wouldn't that wake you question every word out of his mouth?

I know it's something you tried that must have worked, but that gives you no excuse to do it like this. Please stop.

Sincerely,

A loyal reader

edit: And an apology would be nice. On the main page.

• Reply 8 of 23
    gazoobee wrote: »

If advertising was posted in the forums it might be considered spam...
  • Reply 9 of 23
    kpluckkpluck Posts: 500member
    I would echo others comments, advertising and promotions should be clearly labeled as such and not mixed in with editorial content.

-kpluck
  • Reply 10 of 23
    kpluck wrote: »
    I would echo others comments, advertising and promotions should be clearly labeled as such and not mixed in with editorial content.

-kpluck

You'll know they've gone too far when the article says, "PRICES TOO LOW TO PRINT" in block letters.
  • Reply 11 of 23

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

You'll know they've gone too far when the article says, "PRICES TOO LOW TO PRINT" in block letters.

I HATE IT when websites do that.

"Add it to your cart to see the price!" Are people really stupid enough to go, "Oh, now that I can see it, it's too much money, but since it's already in my cart I might as well…"?!

• Reply 12 of 23
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Are people really stupid enough to go, "Oh, now that I can see it, it's too much money, but since it's already in my cart I might as well…"?!

LMAO! Man I hate that crap!

• Reply 13 of 23

Sorry, but there is NO way I will ever buy anything from MacMall again. Last Christmas they lied about items in stock, and received "backordered" on their receipt. It took me 3 calls to get the order cancelled, and finally had to call Amex to get the charge denied. Only after Amex denied the charge, did I get a credit email. They put me off for 3 weeks, and I had enough.

When you ask for customer service, they only let you talk to the salesman who took the order. (who conveniently is not in, and you get his voice mail). I finally called, asked for customer service again, and demanded a refund, and didn't let him send me to the salesman again. Told customer service, no matter what, THEY were customer service, demanded a refund, and my next call was to Amex.

• Reply 14 of 23

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkevwill View Post

Sorry, but there is NO way I will ever buy anything from MacMall again. Last Christmas they lied about items in stock, and received "backordered" on their receipt. It took me 3 calls to get the order cancelled, and finally had to call Amex to get the charge denied. Only after Amex denied the charge, did I get a credit email. They put me off for 3 weeks, and I had enough.

When you ask for customer service, they only let you talk to the salesman who took the order. (who conveniently is not in, and you get his voice mail). I finally called, asked for customer service again, and demanded a refund, and didn't let him send me to the salesman again. Told customer service, no matter what, THEY were customer service, demanded a refund, and my next call was to Amex.

Sorry to hear that. Thanks for sharing that.

So, for better service, buy your Apple gear from Apple. Seriously. Apple treats customers like they're valued.

• Reply 15 of 23
    I wouldn't buy one of these at $999. Web pages look like sh** and most 3rd party apps haven't been updated to take advantage of it.
  • Reply 16 of 23

Originally Posted by bdkennedy1 View Post

I wouldn't buy one of these at $999. Web pages look like sh** and most 3rd party apps haven't been updated to take advantage of it.

Why does this sound familiar…

Originally Posted by bdkennedy1 View Post

I wouldn't buy it for $999. Web pages look like s*** on that retina display and unless the whole internet plans on upgrading every graphic I have no desire to own one.

Oh yeah.

I find that impressive; you hit my threshold of similarity for actually being able to remember something longer than a few hours.

• Reply 17 of 23

Ordered the same item after I cancelled (after 3 weeks from macmall), and Apple shipped it from china, and I received it in 5 days. Thats pretty damn good service from Apple (and fed ex).

• Reply 18 of 23

Until  MacMall accept foreign credit card orders for delivery in the US like Amazon and Apple do i'm not interested.

And please stop the ads. There's already far too much smugness on this this site as it is...

• Reply 19 of 23

I priced a fully loaded RMBP with 768 and 2.8. The MacMall price with the 3% discount came to $70 more than the education price even including the 6% tax from my state. I suppose if you had an 8-9% tax it might be even, but even so, is MacMall service anywhere near approaching Apple? No Sale.

• Reply 20 of 23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Why does this sound familiar…

Oh yeah.

I find that impressive; you hit my threshold of similarity for actually being able to remember something longer than a few hours.

Troll