Apple catches up with iPad mini demand, new orders now listed as 'in stock'

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
Apple's supply of its hot-selling iPad mini appears to have finally caught up with demand, as the smaller iPad is now listed as "In Stock" on the company's online store.

iPad minis

A glance at the Apple Store on Tuesday revealed that all models of the iPad mini ? Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi + Cellular, 16 gigabytes through 64 gigabytes ? are now listed as "In Stock." Until Tuesday, the devices had been listed as shipping within one to three business days.

Apple CEO Tim Cook said in the company's quarterly earnings conference call that demand for the smaller iPad had significantly outstripped supply. Cook estimated, though, that a balance would be achieved some time before the end of the March quarter.

Upon its release at the end of October, the iPad mini saw considerable demand, with the white and silver model selling out in hours. Apple revealed later that it had sold three million iPad mini units in its first weekend of availability.

In January, availability for all models stood at about three to five days. That was an improvement from one-week shipping estimates from December.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 27
    Goooood.
  • Reply 2 of 27

Apple is DOOMED! Demand for this overrated scrap of metal is nonexistent, and this just shows that this worthless, devil-worshiping company is going to be wiped off the face of the planet within the next 6 months! 

</s>

• Reply 3 of 27
    This was the piece of junk so many here said was a huge mistake, not wanted and was doomed to failure.
  • Reply 4 of 27
    dimmokdimmok Posts: 359member
    Once its retina, im in.
  • Reply 5 of 27
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,095member

Quote:

Originally Posted by DimMok View Post

Once its retina, im in.

Once retina is in, it'll be sold out even longer than the non-retina was?

• Reply 6 of 27
    mvigodmvigod Posts: 172member
    Next move is updgrade to retina display. Then ship times 3 to 5 weeks for months. Cook no longer the supply chain guru he was
  • Reply 7 of 27

Quote:

Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

Once retina is in, it'll be sold out even longer than the non-retina was?

According to a few, it will depend on the price.

• Reply 8 of 27
    captain j wrote: »
    This was the piece of junk so many here said was a huge mistake, not wanted and was doomed to failure.

Yep that's the one. Though I don't recall people saying it would fail, just that they didn't see the need for Apple to be in sub 9 inch tablet space to begin with.
  • Reply 9 of 27

Whoopte-frickin-do! Good for them. Just in time for them to come out with some brand new product that is impossible for them to build in any reasonable volume.

Yep. Really firing on all cylinders. image

• Reply 10 of 27
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Far better than having low to no demand and having the stuff immediately available because no one buys it. Ask the Zune project guys.....
  • Reply 11 of 27
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    hittrj01 wrote: »
    Apple is DOOMED! Demand for this overrated scrap of metal is nonexistent, and this just shows that this worthless, devil-worshiping company is going to be wiped off the face of the planet within the next 6 months! 

</s>

It was just a smaller bigger iPod Touch.
  • Reply 12 of 27
    Problem w/ retina is size, weight, heat and battery life.
  • Reply 13 of 27
    joshajosha Posts: 901member

Quote:

Originally Posted by hittrj01 View Post

</s>

Not surprising you are Apple megative.

This post of yours indicates how sick your mind is.

Get back on your meds or you'll suffer far more.

• Reply 14 of 27

Time for a newer even more advanced model.

But then the competition(?)  will throw up their hands in frustration.

• Reply 15 of 27
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    This is obviously bad news. It means demand has fallen. Sell sell sell! /s
  • Reply 16 of 27

Quote:

Originally Posted by DimMok View Post

Once its retina, im in.

Me too.

Anyone want a BB Playbook I've had more than enough of?  I thought with the latest BB SW updates, at least it's net browser would be passable.  No it isn't, dam it!   No significant improvements in the BB PB's backwards  software.

• Reply 17 of 27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain J View Post

Yes and Apple saw the competition's weakness, so swept them under the carpet.

• Reply 18 of 27
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshA View Post

Me too.

Anyone want a BB Playbook I've had more than enough of?  I thought with the latest BB SW updates, at least it's net browser would be passable.  No it isn't, dam it!   No significant improvements in the BB PB's backwards  software.

How much?

• Reply 19 of 27
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member

Quote:

Originally Posted by isaidso View Post

Whoopte-frickin-do! Good for them. Just in time for them to come out with some brand new product that is impossible for them to build in any reasonable volume.

Yep. Really firing on all cylinders. image

So because Apple had some trouble fulfilling demand for one of the best selling electronic devices in history, they're not building it in 'reasonable' volume? There's no other company on the planet that can build and ship such devices as fast as Apple can. They have the best supply chain in the world and of course the're issues to solve with THAT much quantity. No other tablet even comes close in terms of sales or demand. Have some fucking context before you troll mindlessly. 

• Reply 20 of 27

Contemplating getting this one or the ipad4. I have a nexus 7 at the moment and while it sucks I don't really wanna get another small size tablet. But the mini looks and feels so goooood !! And then there are rumors of the redesigns and retina display addition. Decision decision decision...