i want to buy a tv card

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
i want an internal tv tuner card simply to watch tv on my power mac. preferably with a remote, if such a thing exists. any suggestions? i don't know where to start.

thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I believe Formac is the only company with a solid OS X tv tuner, but I think that specific kit costs about $500. To the best of my knowledge, there aren't any good solutions for OS X. ATI has indicated that they have no plans to make it available in OS X in the near future.

I'd suggest you buy a TV. Seriously
  • Reply 2 of 4
    neutrino23neutrino23 Posts: 1,562member
    Looks like Eskape has at least beta drivers for their products. These run a little slower than Formacs but they are much cheaper.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    [quote]Originally posted by M3D Jack:

<strong>I believe Formac is the only company with a solid OS X tv tuner, but I think that specific kit costs about $500. To the best of my knowledge, there aren't any good solutions for OS X. ATI has indicated that they have no plans to make it available in OS X in the near future.

I'd suggest you buy a TV. Seriously </strong><hr></blockquote>

yeah, it would probably be cheaper. don't know if i have the desk space though. maybe a 13"

sigh.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    cyko95cyko95 Posts: 391member
    I had a Happauge USB tuner, and I think they made Mac versions. Don't know about OS X though.