VIEWING vs. SAVING "Terminator 3" Trailer

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Any ideas?

QTPro doesn't work, viewing source and pasting the .mov links doesn't work (shows as images, not movies), and all links on the Web point back to Apple's site.

Any ideas on how to *SAVE* the trailer? It works with most, but not with T3.

Thanks for any helpful hints.

/johnny_dangerously

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    [quote]Originally posted by JohnnyDangerously:

<strong>Any ideas?

QTPro doesn't work, viewing source and pasting the .mov links doesn't work (shows as images, not movies), and all links on the Web point back to Apple's site.

Any ideas on how to *SAVE* the trailer? It works with most, but not with T3.

/johnny_dangerously</strong><hr></blockquote>

In OS X you can usually save a trailer that isn't supposed to be saved by finding the QTPluginTemp file in "/tmp/501/Temporary Items/" folder using the terminal ap. Then it's usually a matter of just cp QTPluginTemp(then some number) ~/Desktop. Then adding .mov to it. But I tried this with T3 and it didn't work. Also, it shows the trailer to be very small (about 1.5 megs) so they might be doing something funky and caching the rest of the movie somewhere else.

It's a lame teaser anyway.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    The reference movie is encrypted so you basically need a sniffer to determine the url of the actual movie file...
  • Reply 3 of 5
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Moving to Genius Bar...
  • Reply 4 of 5
    scott_h_phdscott_h_phd Posts: 448member
    A long time ago under OS 9 i used to save movies. I did it by using Sherlock to find ".mov" files. The QT movies were in the Temp' folder. You could just drag them to the Desktop and rename them. It's the same thing Nordstrodamus suggest for OS X.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Just a thought. Why in the H*LL would you want to save that? It shows nothing other then the stupid logo. I was major pissed after waiting a couple minutes for it to load only to find it showed nothing....