Samsung Galaxy S3 Sudden Death Syndrome

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 55

Originally Posted by Trk123 View Post

…not allowing basic functionality like wifi hotspot…

They do.

…USB tethering or drag and drop functionality once USB tethered…

Not up to them.

• Reply 42 of 55
    They don't allow wifi hotspot on iPad2 ...you have to jailbreak the device and load cydia and then pay for Mifi and only then can u set up a wifi hotspot. (As per the reputable agent I bought my device through and due to my disbelief in that answer I also googled it extensively and came to the same conclusion), you can also not USB tether it and use it as a modem as u can with Android devices natively.

I don't understand how making your device with USB utilities for drag and drop functionality for files can not be up to Apple... That doesn't sound right?
    Anyway they just remove things like street view from google maps and have tightened their grip...and again Siri doesn't work on the new update again the grip gets tighter...

Also not cool if u buy the device outside of the US and a forced to use fake address etc to get access to US App Store (because our local App Store is EXTREMELY poorly populated) and then can't buy any apps unless u buy the more expensive vouchers online first...

I know many people just say oh we'll just jailbreak it, or just use the fake address...but why must I be forced to use what feels like illegal means (and possibly "bricking" your device) to get decent usage from this thing. Not saying it Is illegal to do all that (I havnt checked the legal ramifications) but it still feels like it to me and so feels very restrictive.
    I'm not anti apple as the device is sturdy and well made...just extremely restrictive in functionality.

No company is perfect and so it follows that apple can learn a thing or 2 from android like Samsung and vice versa... I just find that apple has a bit more learning to do in the functionality of their devices.

My 2cents ????
  • Reply 43 of 55

They don't allow wifi hotspot on iPad2 ...you have to jailbreak the device and load cydia and then pay for Mifi and only then can u set up a wifi hotspot.

Ah, you're right. That's not up to Apple, though. 

I don't understand how making your device with USB utilities for drag and drop functionality for files can not be up to Apple... That doesn't sound right?

Oh, I thought your primary concern was the hard-line tethering. Yeah, they don't let you drag and drop files on purpose. There's no reason to be doing it.

Anyway they just remove things like street view from google maps and have tightened their grip...and again Siri doesn't work on the new update again the grip gets tighter...

Stop lying.

Also not cool if u buy the device outside of the US and a forced to use fake address etc to get access to US App Store (because our local App Store is EXTREMELY poorly populated) and then can't buy any apps unless u buy the more expensive vouchers online first...

This lie is on you, and there's also nothing Apple can do about THIS, either.

I know many people just say oh we'll just jailbreak it, or just use the fake address...but why must I be forced to use what feels like illegal means (and possibly "bricking" your device) to get decent usage from this thing.

Uh, because you're in no way "forced" to do this and are breaking the law of your own accord? Because your definition of "decent" is not reasonable?

I'm not anti apple…

Uh… huh… 

I just find that apple has a bit more learning to do in the functionality of their devices.

My 2cents ????

Two Yen cents.

• Reply 44 of 55
    And you are a moderator? Attacking a persons integrity without even knowing them? Nice.
    I am no liar and I take umbrage at the accusation. What a sad thing these days not being able to post your experiences and opinion without being called a liar.
  • Reply 45 of 55

Attacking a persons integrity without even knowing them?

Hardly. I'm attacking the points about which you're lying.

I am no liar…

Then don't lie about things! My stars. 

• Reply 46 of 55

Quote:

Originally Posted by hwjunkie View Post

Have you guys heard of this? I was considering to buy an S3 (so many people here just badmouth anything that has no "i" in front of its name, I didnt want to be one of them) to see how this thing really performs. I have tried it out on a few occasions... and it just blew my iPhone away. I had a hard time to keep a straight face when my friend wanted his S3 back haha..

BUT now I heard about this Sudden Death! My friend was laughing at me, for paying twice what he did, to evenutally get less functionality...  but who is laughing now?

Apparently S3s are dying left and right! Nobody knows why... the only thing you can do is just to bring it back and have it exchanged. Which of course is no problem, while you still have guarantee on your phone, but what if 1 year already has passed? How functional is your dead S3 then???

So maybe some people here ARE right: Yes, you pay twice the price, no, it won't do all the things Android phones have been doing for a while now... BUT GUESS WHAT: It won't just die on!

http://www.samsungupdate.com/tag/galaxy-s3-sudden-crash

If you're going to get an Android phone, get an HTC or Sony.  Much better quality than Samsung.  

• Reply 47 of 55

i had the same issue...it was brand new..3 days old..suddenly without no reason device turned off..no matter what i tried it remained same. finaly i took it to a smasung service center they said,..the device is dead becouse of the virus...i havent download anything i havn't surf much. and still waiting for it from   service center 

• Reply 48 of 55

I've lost everything on the phone, photos videos everything. Poor customer service at samsung, waited 2 weeks for my stupid phone to have the mainboard changed, not in stock in Perth warehouse, so they needed to get it in. They dont know that the phone is shit and keep a few in stock.

I will never ever buy a samsung ever, not phone tv fridge or anything with that name. Worse experience ever. Samsunk is shit!

• Reply 49 of 55

Apple’s staunchest competitor—Samsung—poses no legitimate threat to Apple’s market position. In the world of consumer spending, perception is everything. All this jazz about the Samsung’s technology is a moot point because Apple has what Samsung will never have—cachet. You’re not hip, chic, and cool by having a Samsung product but you are if you’re holding an Apple product. Ask: what looks “cooler,” holding a McDonald’s cup of coffee or holding a Starbucks cup of coffee? Apple products are, from a design perspective, much more appealing than any Samsung product. The average Apple owner has five cases for every product. Samsung owners don’t even buy cases for their products. Apple owners want to give their iPads and iPhones customized looks. At Just iCase (www.justicase.com), you will find perfect cases for your iPads and iPhones.

• Reply 50 of 55
    dushdush Posts: 1member

Hi,

We (in UK) has received another update after 4.1.2 which did not upgrade the version nor the features, but this has apparently fixed the issue. Confirmed by one of my colleagues who had effected from this issue.

I personally had no issues using the S3 and it has been remarkably better and useful in each and every way beyond any other in the current market.

Samsung has one of the best range of smart phones and do not accuse the whole thing just because a failure of one unit. You will soon run out of choices then since almost every maker has failed in one way or another.

Cheers

Dush

• Reply 51 of 55
    newbenewbe Posts: 1member

I am just responding to the Galaxy s3 sudden death thread for fear this might be what is happening to my phone. My experience is a bit different then what I am hearing however. I don't leave my phone charging over night so this is not the case with mine. I read some news and made 2 phone calls this morning and went on my merry way. After some time I went back to check if I missed any calls and that's when one by one each and every function of the phone came up with a message not responding and then that was that. I cannot restart the phone, nothing. The only thing that it does do is it lights up at the back up space and menu space at the very bottom of the phone which is useless if I have no screen.

I got the phone for Christmas 2012. I don't have too many apps out of fear(first smart phone) and I have one game that I haven't even played yet. Luckily I have Norton and it automatically backs up the phone once a month.

I just thought I'd add to this thread because if this is sudden death then my experience is different and it isn't happening from staying plugged over night. I usually plug in during the day and when fully charged I unplug it.

Hope this sheds some light on the Galaxy s3 issues

• Reply 52 of 55
    sbpablopsbpablop Posts: 1member

About 3 months in on my S3. Screen started to glitch on menu button press and then on screen button pressing. Took it to AT&T the next day, replacement phone on the way. Mine's dead now, the phone is on, the bezel hardware button lights, the phones makes that noise it usually does when I drag my finger across the black screen, but the screen stays black.

Hope Samsung get's this figured out.

• Reply 53 of 55
    cs96cs96 Posts: 1member
    I don't know what your consumer rights are where you are but in Ireland you would be able to get your phone replaced repaired or get the cost refunded even if it's out of warranty. Check up on your consumer rights where you live to see if there is anything that protects you from faulty goods
  • Reply 54 of 55

i thought i had sudden death syndrome of my phone but by accident i discovered that i had a bad battery i borrowed my brothers phone he has same phone as i do. and since my  had died i took the battery from my phone it said it was fully charged  , my brother is always forgetting to charge his phone . i tried to use battery in his phone and his was displaying the sudden death  symptoms too... i tried his battery in my phone after i charged it a little .. and  my phone lives... the people at sprint wanted me to pay 150.00  to insurance co for new phone what a scam!!! when all i needed was a 15 dollar battery ...

• Reply 55 of 55

I have the same problem now with my s3 i9300. i think its slowly dying too its been two weeks now and the touch screen becomes unresponsive at first in few minutes but more frequently sometimes even whole day i can't use it. i tired evry possible solution i've read in the internet but nothing. the didgitiser and lcd are okay. its not hardware problem, its just that it works whenever it feels like it. i regretted i choose this phone over iphone. looks can sure be deceiving. sighhh....