How to convert playlists iTunes 9 to X?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hello,

I've got a lot of playlists in iTunes on OS 9, but now i want to make the final step to OS X (converting my playlists to X), so can it be done? I've tried a lot of things already, nothing worked.

Thanks

Dustbunny

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    When you install itunes for osX it should ask you if you want it to look for media files located on your harddrive. Click yes and you should be on your way.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    But isn't it only looking for mp3 files? Or also for playlists? Somehow i doubt it, but thanks for the tip

DB
  • Reply 3 of 8
    It only looks for the mp3 files. have you tried opening both programs up and just drag and dropping the playlists?
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Yeah i tried that, but you can't open both versions of iTunes at the same time And you also can't drag the playlists out off iTunes to save them or something. It kinda sucks.

DB
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Perhaps this little app ipod2itunes (from the banner) works. I'll have a go

DB
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Ohhh that's one horrid little app... too complicated.

DB
  • Reply 7 of 8
    You can export your playlist. simply highlight the playlist you want to export then under the advanced tab choose export. Now to get them into the itunes I have yet to figure out.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    I found that too. But you get a textfile. I couldn't figure out how to import it again

DB