Samsung to launch flagship Galaxy S4 at March 14 event

Comments

• Reply 21 of 92

Quote:

Originally Posted by iSteelers View Post

It will be faster than the iPhone 5, but by how much? People will look at the specs and say how the iPhone has been left behind and it will fly off the carrier shelves via BOGO offers in a few months. They will sell 7 million in a quarter and analysts will say they are outselling the iPhone 5 by a land slide and how Apple is no longer revolutionary and had lost it. And the arms race continues.

What the hell are you talking about? It will be much slower than the iphone 5, just like the s3 is slower than the 4s. Is it too much to ask for some of you to inform yourselves before posting such things as facts?

Thanks in advance.

• Reply 22 of 92
    There's a company called Micromax in India which seems to have ripped off Samsung. The new Canvas 2 looks too much like a Samsung Galaxy line phone and it works like the Galaxy Note.

I wonder how Samsung would handle this. Will they simply ignore it or will they sue, talking about IP theft?

[IMG]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/21140/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

[URL]http://www.micromaxinfo.com/mobiles/smartphones/canvas/A110-superfone-canvas-2[/URL]
  • Reply 23 of 92

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamesv View Post

Another phone from Samsung with gimmick features that most people wont use............Bring on the 5s!

#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }

#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }

What? You don't want the ear cleaner function or the built in chopsticks?

• Reply 23 of 92
    allenbf wrote: »
    Yeah, that is the Samsung Note 8 or whatever. Sheesh.

That's even worse than someone taking a picture with their iPad!

• Reply 25 of 92
    I'm not sure why all the pushback on the article. Samsung is Apple's top competitor so why would we NOT get news on what is going on in this space?

These looks like some really good specs. Makes me wonder (and imagine) what Apple has at the ready. Although Apple has seldom gone for more power of efficiency, more RAM never hurts :)

What I like about Apple managing their own hardware is the efficiency and future features. I hope at some point Apple will be able to make a large enough leap ahead of the pack.
  • Reply 26 of 92

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

This image sums up just about everything that is wrong with Internet society these days. I'm more impressed than I am enraged, which is surprising.

• Reply 27 of 92
    It had better be thinner and lighter than an iPhone 5 with better battery life, a much improved build quality over the SIII, and access to frequent OS upgrades to be considered innovative in the most minimal ways. Slapping in the newest CPU and GPU available on the market is not innovation. But, perhaps they are designing their own cup as Apple is doing, we shall see.
  • Reply 28 of 92
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Eight minute battery life…

Sorry, eight second battery life.

Oh, if this sucker ain't at least 5.3", I'll be sorely disappointed.

If the Soc is using Arm's Big Little tech, then unless ARM are being deceptive, it could have significantly better battery life than an iPhone 5 as ARM claim up to 70% power saving

Does the iPhone 5 have great battery life?  I saw a comparison review of it and an HTC One X and Nokia Lumia 920 phones on the Gadget show in the UK and they hammered the iPhone 5 for it's poor battery life in their real world testing

Quote:

And though it's supremely thin, we would have appreciated better battery life: this thing tanks out far too quickly, and we struggled to receive calls sometimes compared to rivals we tested.

• Reply 29 of 92
    geekdadgeekdad Posts: 1,131member

Why is there so much Samsung news on AI? This stuff just invites all the flame wars and trolling that everyone complains about.

• Reply 30 of 92

"Ready 4 the Show"  BWAHAHAHAHAH! I get it! They replaced "for" with "4" because it's the 4th version of the phone. Genius! 

• Reply 31 of 92

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbit View Post

When did this site become "Samsunginsider"? I've seen more posts on Samsung in the last few days than on Apple rumors and news in general.

havent you heard, they will post about anything if they add 'in response to' or 'killer' into the story to name drop an Apple thing.

• Reply 32 of 92

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

This image sums up just about everything that is wrong with Internet society these days. I'm more impressed than I am enraged, which is surprising.

That is the reason why I'm for things like Google Glass, if it wasn't so dumb looking. 

Speaking of, i saw someone on an Oscar party red carpet with the GG. A tux doesn't make it any better

• Reply 33 of 92

Quote:

Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

Like this?

Yeah, that is the Samsung Note 8 or whatever. Sheesh.

Now this will be the end of all remaining Phone booths. We can hide behind our mobiles now.

• Reply 34 of 92

Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

That is the reason why I'm for things like Google Glass, if it wasn't so dumb looking. 

Oh, the picture-taking I found least objectionable. image

• Reply 35 of 92

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

Speaking of, i saw someone on an Oscar party red carpet with the GG. A tux doesn't make it any better

Yeah, I'm with you. It's very neat - but if you saw someone on the street constantly rolling their eyes up and right, nodding, seemingly talking aloud to themselves and tilting their head at odd moments and angles...would you think they're crazy, or playing with GG?

I rest my case.

• Reply 36 of 92

Quote:

Originally Posted by BestKeptSecret View Post

There's a company called Micromax in India which seems to have ripped off Samsung. The new Canvas 2 looks too much like a Samsung Galaxy line phone and it works like the Galaxy Note.

I wonder how Samsung would handle this. Will they simply ignore it or will they sue, talking about IP theft?

http://www.micromaxinfo.com/mobiles/smartphones/canvas/A110-superfone-canvas-2

Samsung is probably who is making these phones for Micromax.

• Reply 37 of 92
    What the hell are you talking about? It will be much slower than the iphone 5, just like the s3 is slower than the 4s. Is it too much to ask for some of you to inform yourselves before posting such things as facts?

Thanks in advance.

I am guessing based on Samsung's history of packing specs into their flagship and calling attention to it. As this is their newest attempt at an iPhone killer, I am assuming it will be faster in terms of processor speed as they never compete in terms of user experience.
  • Reply 38 of 92
    haarhaar Posts: 563member

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdkennedy1 View Post

"Ready 4 the Show"  BWAHAHAHAHAH! I get it! They replaced "for" with "4" because it's the 4th version of the phone. Genius! 

sarcasm tag?

always hang out with the A crowd ...

You are judged by the company you keep...

And this announcement is reminiscent of "the polyester suit" and any of Apple's invitations are reminiscent of an Armani suit!...

• Reply 39 of 92

Quote:

Originally Posted by geekdad View Post

Why is there so much Samsung news on AI? This stuff just invites all the flame wars and trolling that everyone complains about.

I don't know why you people keep saying this? Especially since there has been (pretty much) droidhead posts on this article so far. And in case you haven't been keeping up with current events, it's the Apple specific articles that bring out all the trolls. (or hadn't you noticed.) I mean, seriously; talk about "think before you post..."

To all Apple fans, (like me) supporters, cheerleaders or whatever you want to call yourselves; QUIT WHINING!

• Reply 40 of 92
    "Samsung's Galaxy S lineup represents the company's flagship smartphone, which competes head to head with Apple's newest iPhone models."

uh... Or so they think. That's like Hyundai's luxury Mercedes look-alike going head-to-head with Benz.