Samsung to launch flagship Galaxy S4 at March 14 event

Comments

• Reply 41 of 92
    geekdadgeekdad Posts: 1,131member

Quote:

Originally Posted by isaidso View Post

I don't know why you people keep saying this? Especially since there has been (pretty much) droidhead posts on this article so far. And in case you haven't been keeping up with current events, it's the Apple specific articles that bring out all the trolls. (or hadn't you noticed.) I mean, seriously; talk about "think before you post..."

To all Apple fans, (like me) supporters, cheerleaders or whatever you want to call yourselves; QUIT WHINING!

I wasn't whining.....I was commenting on how this kind of topic always leads to some bashing Samsung product (its an Apple site anyway) then some one defending Samsung and it leading to a whole lot of shit back and forth. Serves no purpose......Leads to feather ruffled and people building silos.....

• Reply 42 of 92
    geekdad wrote: »
    I wasn't whining.....I was commenting on how this kind of topic always leads to some bashing Samsung product (its an Apple site anyway) then some one defending Samsung and it leading to a whole lot of shit back and forth. Serves no purpose......Leads to feather ruffled and people building silos.....

Where else can some die hard Apple fans feels so smug?

And deletion in 3, 2, ...
  • Reply 43 of 92
    tzeshantzeshan Posts: 2,351member

Why would a Korean company introduce a new product in US not in its homeland? 

• Reply 44 of 92
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,212member

Quote:

Originally Posted by tzeshan View Post

They've always done their Galaxy phone launches overseas rather than the US. This is a first for them.

• Reply 45 of 92

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

They've always done their Galaxy phone launches overseas rather than the US. This is a first for them.

Where was SIII introduced?

• Reply 46 of 92

Quote:

Where was SIII introduced?

London

• Reply 47 of 92

Quote:

They are an international company that has corrupt leaders/board tainting the work of some of the finest engineers of the world. Oh, they also benefit from having plants in places that no one can see... It helps.

Samsung is a world company, just like Apple. Those sorts of boundaries are out of place, they have no special obligations to said countries.

• Reply 48 of 92
    Why this news on apple insider? Well because Samsung is most fierce competitor of apple. Galaxy s3 has outsold iphone 5. And s4 might outsold next iPhone
  • Reply 49 of 92
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    allenbf wrote: »
    [quote name="Tallest Skil"
    Sorry, eight second battery life.
    Oh, if this sucker ain't at least 5.3", I'll be sorely disappointed.

Like this?

Perfect for spies!

Yeah, that is the Samsung Note 8 or whatever. Sheesh.[/quote]
  • Reply 50 of 92
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Like this?

Perfect for spies!

Perfect for spies as no one will take them seriously....

• Reply 51 of 92

Quote:

Originally Posted by icoco3 View Post

Perfect for spies as no one will take them seriously....

Samsung makes the Note a smartphone because it can get generous subsidy from the carriers to make it look like a cheap deal to users.  I doubt most Note users actually use it for a phone.  I think it is much better to use a cellular capable tablet together with a feature phone.  In this aspect I think Apple should introduce a cheap feature phone that is tightly integrated will the iPad instead of a cheap iPhone. 

• Reply 52 of 92

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakeroat View Post

Why this news on apple insider? Well because Samsung is most fierce competitor of apple. Galaxy s3 has outsold iphone 5. And s4 might outsold next iPhone

Provide rational evidence.

The best seller in the last quarter was the iphone 5. The second? the 4s.

• Reply 53 of 92

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

Provide rational evidence.

The best seller in the last quarter was the iphone 5. The second? the 4s.

To be fair no one outside of Apple knows that either.  They don't break down sales by model, so we're left with educated guesses.

• Reply 54 of 92
    How come no leaked picturs of parts and design?
    Why do we get all these little leaks from apples iphone designs and nothing from samsung.. And yet apple is supposed to be the obsessed one with secrecy?
    It is strange to me... How des samsung pull it off... Or are iphone leaks by design?
  • Reply 55 of 92

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yojimbo007 View Post

How come no leaked picturs of parts and design?

Why do we get all these little leaks from apples iphone designs and nothing from samsung.. And yet apple is supposed to be the obsessed one with secrecy?

It is strange to me... How des samsung pull it off... Or are iphone leaks by design?

I think the simple answer is Samsung products are not innovative at all.

• Reply 56 of 92

Why do we get all these little leaks from apples iphone designs and nothing from samsung..

The difference is no one cares about Samsung. And knowing what Apple has cooking tells us what Samsung will have cooking.

• Reply 57 of 92
    tzeshan wrote: »

I think the simple answer is Samsung products are not innovative at all.
    No doubt.. But yet there is enough hype around galaxy 4 for there to be some curiosity to see what it looks like!... Is it that Samsung is better at keeping things secret... Or is that no one really cares ?
  • Reply 58 of 92
    The difference is no one cares about Samsung. And knowing what Apple has cooking tells us what Samsung will have cooking.
    That may very well be... ...
    But with the amount of noise and hype for G4 .. It is strange that there are zero leaks!
  • Reply 59 of 92

Quote:

No doubt.. But yet there is enough hype around galaxy 4 for there to be some curiosity to see what it looks like!... Is it that Samsung is better at keeping things secret... Or is that no one really cares ?

From what I heard, Samsung spent enough sums of money marketing/hyping its products. 

• Reply 60 of 92

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Like this?

Perfect for spies!

Don't forget Clark Kent. He now doesn't have to look for a phone booth. He just whips out his trusty(?) Note 8 and changes into Superman!