Samsung to launch flagship Galaxy S4 at March 14 event

Comments

• Reply 61 of 92

Originally Posted by Yojimbo007 View Post

But with the amount of noise and hype for G4 .. It is strange that there are zero leaks!

The only hype is that which Samsung forcibly jams down throats. Apple products, on the other hand, have genuine interest from the minute their predecessors are released.

• Reply 62 of 92
    The rumor mill suggests that the Samsung Galaxy S4 will ave the following details:

Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean
    Exynos 5 Octa (eight-core) processor
    Mali-T658 eight-core GPU
    2GB of RAM
    13-megapixel main camera
    16/32/64GB of storage
    2600mAh battery
    LTE
    NFC
    QI wireless charging technology

Samsung will reportedly discontinue the use PenTile display technology and adopt a new hexagon-based display matrix for the Galaxy S4. I find this interesting since the hexagon-based display matrix suggests similar issues to PenTile.

The killer features may include: Floating Touch gestures, as well as Eye Pause and Eye Scroll eye tracking technologies.
  • Reply 63 of 92
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member

Quote:

That may very well be... ...

But with the amount of noise and hype for G4 .. It is strange that there are zero leaks!

Do a Google or Bing search for "Samsung Galaxy S4 rumors".  There's page after page of linked articles dating back to December or even earlier tho the rumor-mill didn't seriously pick up steam until late last month going by the search results. There's even one or two that claim to have images of the S4.

I do think that Apple themselves are behind some of the "leaks" on Apple products to keep the excitement rolling for the next iProduct. Maybe Samsung is just a little late in copying that part of Apple's marketing.image

• Reply 64 of 92

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBook Pro View Post

The rumor mill suggests that the Samsung Galaxy S4 will ave the following details:

Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean

Exynos 5 Octa (eight-core) processor

Mali-T658 eight-core GPU

2GB of RAM

13-megapixel main camera

16/32/64GB of storage

2600mAh battery

LTE

NFC

QI wireless charging technology

Samsung will reportedly discontinue the use PenTile display technology and adopt a new hexagon-based display matrix for the Galaxy S4. I find this interesting since the hexagon-based display matrix suggests similar issues to PenTile.

The killer features may include: Floating Touch gestures, as well as Eye Pause and Eye Scroll eye tracking technologies.

From one of the more reliable Samsung discussion sites (if there is such a thing):

http://www.sammobile.com/2013/02/25/jk-shin-confirms-march-14th-galaxy-s-iv/

Rumoured specification of the Galaxy S IV. (at least the US version)

- 4,99? Full-HD SoLux Display (LCD and not AMOLED)

- Snapdragon 600 1.9 Ghz

- 2 GB RAM

- 16, 32 or 64 GB

- 13 Megapixel

- 140.1 x 71.8 x 7.7mm

- 138 gram

- Home button with touch buttons

- Plastic back with aluminium sides

- Removable battery

- Black / White

http://www.sammobile.com/2013/02/23/samsung-ditches-own-amoled-and-exynos-inside-new-galaxy-s-iv-with-bootscreen/

• Reply 65 of 92
    The only hype is that which Samsung forcibly jams down throats. Apple products, on the other hand, have genuine interest from the minute their predecessors are released.

In all fairness, Android fanatics are excited.

The strange thing is that much like the Android fanatics on AppleInsider, Android fanatics elsewhere are apparently victims of an unprecedented advertising campaign that reports unsubstantiated (and false) "facts."

I constantly read this type of rhetoric:

Android fanatics: Motorola RAZR MAXX then Samsung Note 2 have the best battery life.
    Me: Oh? Here is a battery life comparison from a respected website. Apple iPhone 5 beats Samsung Note 2 easily.
    Android fanatics: Battery life isn't important.

Android fanatics: Samsung Note 2 is the fastest smartphone.
    Me: Oh? Here is a performance comparison from a respected website. Apple iPhone 5 rivals, if not surpasses, Samsung Note 2.
    Android fanatics: Irrelevant!

Me: Apple has the best customer service.
    Android fanatics: Regular people don't care about that.

Android fanatics: Apple doesn't have extra batteries or storage.
    Me: Hmmm... There are many extra batteries for the Apple iPhone 5 and iCloud provides unlimited storage Apps, Books, Movies, Music, TV Shows which are the largest consumers of space.
  • Reply 66 of 92

The strange thing is that much like the Android fanatics on AppleInsider, Android fanatics elsewhere are apparently victims of an unprecedented advertising campaign that reports unsubstantiated (and false) "facts."

Android fanatics: Motorola RAZR MAXX then Samsung Note 2 have the best battery life.
    Me: Oh? Here is a battery life comparison from a respected website. Apple iPhone 5 beats Samsung Note 2 easily.

Do you actually have evidence of the iPhone lasting longer on a battery than the Note 2 or are you thinking of the S3? The Note 2 has 75% of the battery capacity if the iPad mini and most reports I've seen show that it easily lasts for 2 days of use.
  • Reply 67 of 92

Last year Samsung toyed with the internet with dozens of fake renders and mock up designs. The way Samsung does it is by flooding the media with so much fake stuff that if the real deal leaks no one knows if it is a fake or real. This year has been different they have been no leaks at all. They may be placing the phone internals into a different shell to use it in test units.  

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBook Pro View Post

Android fanatics: Samsung Note 2 is the fastest smartphone.

Me: Oh? Here is a performance comparison from a respected website. Apple iPhone 5 rivals, if not surpasses, Samsung Note 2.

Android fanatics: Irrelevant!

Me: Apple has the best customer service.

Android fanatics: Regular people don't care about that.

Android fanatics: Apple doesn't have extra batteries or storage.

Me: Hmmm... There are many extra batteries for the Apple iPhone 5 and iCloud provides unlimited storage Apps, Books, Movies, Music, TV Shows which are the largest consumers of space.

I work with apple and their customer service is insulting. To charge your customer 29.99 just to speak to them is just wrong. 

Just my two cents 

And the razr maxx does have the bess battery life of a phone. In fact the iphone 5 normally in real life test doesn't fair as good as the competition http://reviews.cnet.com/2719-11288_7-290-2.html

Wheres the iphone?

• Reply 68 of 92
    tzeshantzeshan Posts: 2,351member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple v. Samsung View Post

Last year Samsung toyed with the internet with dozens of fake renders and mock up designs. The way Samsung does it is by flooding the media with so much fake stuff that if the real deal leaks no one knows if it is a fake or real. This year has been different they have been no leaks at all. They may be placing the phone internals into a different shell to use it in test units.  

I work with apple and their customer service is insulting. To charge your customer 29.99 just to speak to them is just wrong. 

Just my two cents 

And the razr maxx does have the bess battery life of a phone. In fact the iphone 5 normally in real life test doesn't fair as good as the competition http://reviews.cnet.com/2719-11288_7-290-2.html

Wheres the iphone?

Hahaha!  Cnet shows that it is an incapable high tech web site.  How could they just use the talk time to compare smartphone battery life? 

• Reply 69 of 92

Quote:

No doubt.. But yet there is enough hype around galaxy 4 for there to be some curiosity to see what it looks like!... Is it that Samsung is better at keeping things secret... Or is that no one really cares ?

that's the power of 20 billion spent on brainwashing each year.

• Reply 70 of 92
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakeroat View Post

Why this news on apple insider? Well because Samsung is most fierce competitor of apple. Galaxy s3 has outsold iphone 5. And s4 might outsold next iPhone

Not really: the recent quarter showed iPhone 5 doubled the numbers of the SIII  while the year old iPhone 4s also beat the SIII:

"Apple's year-old iPhone, the iPhone 4S was the second best selling phone in the world during the fourth quarter, according to new data from research firm Strategy Analytics.

The iPhone 5 was the best selling phone in the world for the quarter. The Samsung S3 was the third best selling phone."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/apples-old-iphone-iphone-4s-142300162.html

• Reply 71 of 92

Quote:

That may very well be... ...

If you're amazed by zero leaks, try to find anything at all about the Google X-Phone. With a whispered product announcement just weeks away there's nada in the way of spec or image leaks. Absolutely hush-hush.

• Reply 72 of 92
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member

Quote:

Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

[quote name="Tallest Skil"

Sorry, eight second battery life.

Oh, if this sucker ain't at least 5.3", I'll be sorely disappointed.

[/quote]

Like this?

Yeah, that is the Samsung Note 8 or whatever. Sheesh.

Yah gotta love that image.

• Reply 73 of 92
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    I always think of that wonderful chocolate I used to be able to get in the UK when I lived there many years ago when I read the word Galaxy. My mouth waters ... isn't life cruel?
  • Reply 74 of 92
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    jfc1138 wrote: »

Yah gotta love that image.

Of course it's really all about Scamsung solving the 'death grip' issue with their antennae. ;)
  • Reply 75 of 92
    hftshfts Posts: 386member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

To be fair no one outside of Apple knows that either.  They don't break down sales by model, so we're left with educated guesses.

How come you instantly jump on comments made by pro-Apple posters yet Kdarling get no attention from you what so ever.

He made a claim that Samsung SOLD 10,000,000 Notes, yet Samsung NEVER divulges numbers sold, EVER.

So anything that paints Google/Android in a positive light is luvy duvy for you.

Lets have an educated guess shall we? Steve Jobs himself mentioned that the newer iPhone easily out sells the previous generation in more than one Keynote.

So doesn't it make logical sense that the iPhone 5 out sold the iPhone 4S/4 ?  But logic goes out thye window when its anything positive to do with Apple.

Do ya want citations ? I can give ya as many as you bloody want.

Again your pathetic FUD is easily identifiable, caught again.

• Reply 76 of 92
    nikon133nikon133 Posts: 2,600member
    rogifan wrote: »
    Why is this news on an Apple website?  The only thing it's good for is attracting Android/anti-Apple trolls.

It is also good for mobilising pro-Apple trolls. At the end, article/forum/site gets more hits and as such grows it's value...
  • Reply 77 of 92
    philboogie wrote: »
    But what on earth is it for? To render 4k on your Phone Farm? Really. If Samsung is unpacking an 8-core out of this box they still don't think outside of it.

But 8-cores are innnnnovaaaaation!!!! /s
  • Reply 78 of 92

Just my two cents 

Wheres the iphone?

OK, but that's talk time only, right? I'd be happy with that for feature phone, but smartphones are used for so many more things than talking, so insisting on talk time only does not make much sense...
  • Reply 79 of 92
    But 8-cores are innnnnovaaaaation!!!! /s

This is not really fair, IMHO.

Apple is improving raw hardware performance every generation as well - faster CPU, faster GPU or both. I haven't seen too many sarcastic posts from Apple followers. In fact, I've seen none.

How come is Samsung's hardware performance improvement something laughable? How is it different from innovations Apple has been bringing to iPhone in the last 2 or 3 generations?
  • Reply 80 of 92
    hfts wrote: »
    How come you instantly jump on comments made by pro-Apple posters yet Kdarling get no attention from you what so ever.
    He made a claim that Samsung SOLD 10,000,000 Notes, yet Samsung NEVER divulges numbers sold, EVER.
    So anything that paints Google/Android in a positive light is luvy duvy for you.

Lets have an educated guess shall we? Steve Jobs himself mentioned that the newer iPhone easily out sells the previous generation in more than one Keynote.
    So doesn't it make logical sense that the iPhone 5 out sold the iPhone 4S/4 ?  But logic goes out thye window when its anything positive to do with Apple.
    Do ya want citations ? I can give ya as many as you bloody want.
    Again your pathetic FUD is easily identifiable, caught again.

1. Educated guess should be based on statistics released by shops and mobile providers... not based on what CEO said. "Easily outsell" is a bit vague. Easily outsell - by how much? 1%? 10%? 30%? 50%?

2. That being said, Jobs is not around for a year and half, and his last keynote was delivered a few months before that, on June 6, 2011.

That was almost 2 years ago. Do you consider keynotes as holly books - the absolute truth that never changes - or do you think trends can change, and eventually will change for every tech company out there?

I'm not saying iPhone 5 is not selling well; it probably is. What I'm saying is, arguments you brought in look a bit weak to me.