Apple pulls 'Prop 2' from upcoming proxy vote, says disappointed with court decision

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 62
    jrobjrob Posts: 49member

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobM View Post

anything that does not benefit Apple in its operations or may impair Apple in its operations is unnecessary.

I see another market trading in iPrefs as unnecessary.

By that criteria, any form of returning cash to shareholders is not necessary. I would say that Apple should return cash to shareholders in the amount they believe is beyond what they could reasonably use to run and grow their business. In fact, preferreds impact apple's operations less than a large buyback or one time dividend, because the preferred can be paid largely out of free cash flow and therefore have little to no impact on their cash reserves. I also see no negative impacts to Apple's long-term health, which I agree is the most important criteria.

I see more analyst comment on that market as being unnecessary.

Can you please provide links? I would like to read that analysis.

I make the point again - my view is long term.

I have been a long term investor too, but also have the need to sell shares for income. Normal fluctuations are to be expected of course, but severe undervaluation should be dealt with in my opinion. This is ridiculous, and if anyone can truly help fix it, I am all ears.

• Reply 62 of 62
    robmrobm Posts: 1,068member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrob View Post

By that criteria, any form of returning cash to shareholders is not necessary. I would say that Apple should return cash to shareholders in the amount they believe is beyond what they could reasonably use to run and grow their business. In fact, preferreds impact apple's operations less than a large buyback or one time dividend, because the preferred can be paid largely out of free cash flow and therefore have little to no impact on their cash reserves. I also see no negative impacts to Apple's long-term health, which I agree is the most important criteria.

Can you please provide links? I would like to read that analysis.

I have been a long term investor too, but also have the need to sell shares for income. Normal fluctuations are to be expected of course, but severe undervaluation should be dealt with in my opinion. This is ridiculous, and if anyone can truly help fix it, I am all ears.

No, I didn't say that it was unnecessary to return cash. I was looking forward not commenting on the here and now.

I also think some of that mountain should be returned. Share buy back and divs is what I have posted before as what I see as being best. 

Umm, no links. If the iPrefs market comes into being, Im quite sure analysts will be commenting on it.

Cheers