3gs on 4.3.5 should I update

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014

I have the above phone and now I am finding that a lot of apps won't run because I didn't upgrade to os5 - that's because every time I looked at the forums people were having problems - of course now os6 is out and I don't know what to do for the best.  I am unlikely to upgrade the phone because I am not on a contract.

My husband also has a ipad first generation and it is saying about updating to 5.1.1 should he do that ?

thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6

I want to tell you to get iOS 6 on your iPhone, but I forget how well it runs on the 3GS. The 3GS should never have received iOS 6, so that probably tells you a little, but many have updated and I don't recall much of a backlash. Perhaps someone here who owns a 3GS could help you further.

As for your husband's iPad, 100% update it to 5.1.1.

• Reply 2 of 6

upgrade... 

My daughter has no complaints with her 3GS running whatever the latest version of iOS is for it.

If a teenage girl can stand it, it must be OK. ;)

• Reply 3 of 6

Indeed, they are usually the first to complain if something is awry. image

• Reply 4 of 6
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member

We've got a 3G on iOS 6. It runs great. Go for it.

• Reply 5 of 6

I think IOS 6 is not compatible to Iphone 3Gs. If you have a problem to your phone I have this research that MarketWatch states that American consumers are missing out on about $34 billion dollars in trade-in value for their outdated mobile phones. All of us can use extra cash, so why not sell them? It also is great for the environment. :)

• Reply 6 of 6

I really don't think iOs 6 is compatible to iPhone 3gs. I have that phone that didn't run when I updated it its latest version. If you have like mine I have this research that MarketWatch states that American consumers are missing out on about $34 billion dollars in trade-in value for their outdated mobile phones. All of us can use extra cash, so why not sell them? It also is great for the environment. ;)