Samsung's new Wallet app has numerous similarities to Apple's Passbook

Comments

• Reply 21 of 127
    mkart4 wrote: »
    does anyone actually use passport? let sammy waste their time copying this underdeveloped pos.
    Yes, lots of people use Passbook.
  • Reply 22 of 127
    eksodos wrote: »
    Samsung continues to drive incredible innovations to the overall Android experience. This is why consumers are choosing Samsung devices over those from HTC and Sony. Samsung is in the experiences business, and consumers want these amazing experiences.
    There it is again, that word. Innovation is not what Samsung is doing. Samsung is in the copying business. They're porting the Apple experience to Android, and a cheapened one at that.
  • Reply 23 of 127
    Samsung continues to drive incredible innovations to the overall Android experience. This is why consumers are choosing Samsung devices over those from HTC and Sony. Samsung is in the experiences business, and consumers want these amazing experiences.

Every time I use one of their TV's, indeed, I am amazed by the experience! Frustration is one way of describing that, and I am sure others have fantastic and immaculate words for this experience as well.
  • Reply 24 of 127

On androidauthority.com they said this about Samsung Wallet:

"It’s so laughably similar [to passbook] that we’re kind of ashamed to call ourselves Samsung fans now, but such is life."

• Reply 25 of 127

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Yes Samsung phones do have a NFC chip. Have had them for over a year now.

I know that, was just anticipating what the other side will have to say about the latest blatent copying done by Samsung in my own sarcastic manner.  I thought I made my sarcasm clear but apparently not.  Thanks for looking out though :)

• Reply 26 of 127

Quote:

Originally Posted by robogobo View Post

Yes, lots of people use Passbook.

Agreed.  I use it at least a few times I week.  But I travel a lot for work.

• Reply 27 of 127

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyPaul View Post

On androidauthority.com they said this about Samsung Wallet:

"It’s so laughably similar [to passbook] that we’re kind of ashamed to call ourselves Samsung fans now, but such is life."

I have an Android phone, and i would love to participate on Androidauthority's forum. They aren't biased, and they provide nice articles. The problem? Users. Even there they say Apple is paying them. lol

• Reply 28 of 127
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    LOL

This headline should read:

"Samsung steals Apple's wallet"
  • Reply 29 of 127

Originally Posted by JollyPaul View Post

but such is life."

Saddest part of the whole thing. They know and accept that it's wrong, but they couldn't care less.

• Reply 30 of 127
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    jivanile wrote: »
    I know that, was just anticipating what the other side will have to say about the latest blatent copying done by Samsung in my own sarcastic manner.  I thought I made my sarcasm clear but apparently not.  Thanks for looking out though :)

I caught the sarcasm of your post, I just thought maybe that within your sarcasm you asked a legitimate question, and you're welcome.
  • Reply 31 of 127

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbellanca View Post

Agreed.  I use it at least a few times I week.  But I travel a lot for work.

It's somewhat of a niche product, that Apple needs more business development to make ubiquitous. I often wonder if Apple has any MBAs on staff.

• Reply 32 of 127
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member

Saddest part of the whole thing. They know and accept that it's wrong, but they couldn't care less.

Well at least they're at Step 1, self awareness and/or self assessment. I don't think that they care less, more like powerless to do anything about it. They themselves can stop buying Samsung devices but cannot stop the other millions that do.
  • Reply 33 of 127
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member

Lets face it - This is Samsung's strategy. They should be ashamed, but they are not. It is blatant thievery but they hold their head up high and don't care. And on the whole, it is working wonderfully for them.

• Reply 34 of 127
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member

I was waiting for the shredder animation when deleting a card in that video!

• Reply 35 of 127
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member

I know you're kidding, but it is worthwhile having a (another?) look at how Samsung IS driving everybody else out of business, except maybe Apple. On Horace Dediu's Asymco website, from three months ago. Check out the graphs at the end of the article, and read some of the comments. Hair raising. It amounts to bribery to the carriers.

http://www.asymco.com/2012/11/29/the-cost-of-selling-galaxies/
  • Reply 36 of 127
    flaneur wrote: »
    I know you're kidding, but it is worthwhile having a (another?) look at how Samsung IS driving everybody else out of business, except maybe Apple. On Horace Dediu's Asymco website, from three months ago. Check out the graphs at the end of the article, and read some of the comments. Hair raising. It amounts to bribery to the carriers.

http://www.asymco.com/2012/11/29/the-cost-of-selling-galaxies/
    Oh, he was kidding?
  • Reply 37 of 127
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    robogobo wrote: »
    Oh, he was kidding?

Well, I thought he HAD to be. But then, . . .
  • Reply 38 of 127
    512ke512ke Posts: 782member
    This is just like passbook but with a bigger screen and bigger market share.

I vote that Samsung changes their company name to some kind of fruit.
  • Reply 39 of 127
    Why does some company always have to take the Microsoft role with Apple?
  • Reply 40 of 127

Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

Well, I thought he HAD to be. But then, . . .

From his history, I would say he isn't kidding at all, which is hilarious.