DeAd PiXel......

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Can anybody help me out.......

My buddy just got a brand spankin new powerbook with a dead pixel. He has apple care. he called apple and they said he needed an undisclosable amount of dead pixels before they would fix it. Whats the deal .... How can we get it fixed. The Damn thing is brand new.....

- Chris

Rock on

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    apple says that up to 6 dead pixels are tolerable.

seems bad for you.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    I thought I heard somewhere that you could sometimes unstick a pixel by applying light pressure on or around it. I'm really not sure of the procedure, though, and I have no idea what the success rate is, so don't get your hopes up. Don't try it yet, wait for someone to confirm this.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    cmn083cmn083 Posts: 35member
    Thanks alot everyone,

Apple is taking it back cause of a scratch ( small chunk ) in the ti near the hinge
  • Reply 4 of 5
    [quote]Originally posted by cmn083:

<strong>Thanks alot everyone,

Apple is taking it back cause of a scratch ( small chunk ) in the ti near the hinge</strong><hr></blockquote>

That was scratched during the manufacturing process, right?

p.s. the pixel massage technique simply involves wrapping your finger in a lint free cloth and gently rubbing it around the pixel for a few seconds. Sometimes that helps the pixel to reset.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    rodukroduk Posts: 706member
    I think the success of the technique also depends upon whether its a dead pixel (not on, no colour) or a stuck pixel (always on, same colour).

[ 07-18-2002: Message edited by: RodUK ]</p>