UK judge who said Apple lacked integrity hired by Samsung [u]

Comments

• Reply 41 of 73
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Is that the douchebag UK judge who made Apple take out those pathetic ads? I remember that a few people here were defending the decision at the time.

Well, now we know that the judge is indeed a douchebag. What's the difference between him and a 5 dollar crack whore? Nothing, they're both in it just for the money, though the crack whore might have a bit more integrity.

• Reply 42 of 73
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fotoformat View Post

Perhaps there are connections within the local Masonic Lodge... there are often rumors circulating in the UK of British judges and policemen with one trouser leg rolled-up, giving secret handshakes and thus being involved in Freemasonry... Boaz!

You mock but that's how it works when a senior member of a federal agency or military "retires" and ends up working for the contractor they were supposedly the watchdog for.  

It is an accepted manner of corruption since it is essentially impossible to prove and difficult or illegal to discourage (i.e. not allowing them to work in the industry ever again).

Not saying that this is what happened but it happens often enough that a perception that an impropriety may have occurred because such things have happened so often in the past is not surprising.  

Folks with integrity try to keep away from scenarios of potential impropriety because while stepping over black on white line is obvious, stepping over a gray line is often too easy to do without knowing until after the fact.

• Reply 43 of 73
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member

Quote:

Originally Posted by KDarling View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

I guess I'm a little surprised that a judge would be permitted to work as a legal consultant in an area that he may preside over. Or is he no longer a judge?

He is retired, although he was brought back just to do the Apple design patent case, since he's an expert in his field.

Retired judges in the US are also usually allowed to be paid consultants.

I was going to say that he probably should avoid consulting for Apple or Samsung, but then again, if he's done patent cases for decades, it would be pretty hard to avoid all the companies he ever adjudicated over.

If he is retired from the bench then this is not really a problem.  His rather bizarre judgements in that case notwithstanding, we have to assume that this is not a reflection of any previous allegiance.

• Reply 45 of 73
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member

deleted

• Reply 46 of 73
    kr00kr00 Posts: 99member
    Samescum have form in this area, being found to have bribed judges and politicians in Korean previously. This judges bank accounts need to be made public if he wants us to think he had no contact with samescum prior to the ridiculous decision against Apple. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then samscum will bribe it, copy it, or threaten it. Don't believe me? Then read this. Hmmmm......
    http://www.kernelmag.com/features/report/3028/samsung-power-corruption-and-lies/
  • Reply 47 of 73
    I see people defending this very fishy circumstance. These are the same people who accused the foreman of the jury in the US Apple lawsuit win against samescum, of having a hidden agenda. Please explain how this doesn't even look remotely suspicious. If as a judge, I acquitted you of murder, then forcing the complainant to publish a public apology, then afterwards, end up in your employment, none of you would even scoff at this? If judge Lucy Kosh went on to work for Apple later this year, you would have no qualms or suspicion? Yeah, right. Read this then tell me samescum wouldn't attempt to buy off any judge.
    http://www.kernelmag.com/features/report/3028/samsung-power-corruption-and-lies/
  • Reply 48 of 73
    kdarling wrote: »
    He is retired, although he was brought back just to do the Apple design patent case, since he's an expert in his field.

<span style="line-height:1.231;">Retired judges in the US are also usually allowed to be paid consultants.</span>

<span style="line-height:1.231;">I was going to say that he probably should avoid consulting for Apple or Samsung, but then again, if he's done patent cases for decades, it would be pretty hard to avoid all the companies he ever adjudicated over.</span>
    You sir are nothing more than a troll and an apologist for one very corrupt and immoral company. Notice Apple ranks number 1 in the most trusted companies, but samescum ranks 35th. Wonder why? Read this and tell me they're saints. http://www.kernelmag.com/features/report/3028/samsung-power-corruption-and-lies/
  • Reply 49 of 73

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kr00 View Post

Read this and tell me they're saints.

Would you kindly point us to the post where KDarling said Samsung were "saints"?

• Reply 50 of 73
    Can the trolls not be so obvious today? Macrulez, KDarling, and where's gatorguy? Hi ho, hi ho, its off to troll we go. Give us a break. Your bullshit stinks the place out. Piss-off and leave us in peace. Sick of your constant trolling here. Why do you come here? Paid to, or just mentally deficient?
  • Reply 51 of 73
    kdarlingkdarling Posts: 1,640member

Quote:

I see people defending this very fishy circumstance. These are the same people who accused the foreman of the jury in the US Apple lawsuit win against samescum, of having a hidden agenda. 

What's ironic about that type of argument, is that BOTH this judge and that jury foreman decided that Samsung's tablets did not infringe on Apple's tablets.

• Reply 52 of 73

Quote:

Can the trolls not be so obvious today? Macrulez, KDarling, and where's gatorguy? Hi ho, hi ho, its off to troll we go. Give us a break. Your bullshit stinks the place out. Piss-off and leave us in peace. Sick of your constant trolling here. Why do you come here? Paid to, or just mentally deficient?

It would seem that, having been called out on your straw man, you have nothing to substantiate your claims, resorting instead to a long string of Rule #1 violations.

You do know there's an Ignore button, yes?

If you so hate living in a world that doesn't provide you with any evidence that Samsung paid this judge to affect the trial outcomes, and hate even more when others remind you of this, just remember that the Ignore button is your friend.

Have a better day.

• Reply 53 of 73
    macrulez wrote: »
    Would you kindly point us to the post where KDarling said Samsung were "saints"?
    Sorry, I forgot you have literacy problems. Kindly point me to the comment where is said, you said, they were saints? Read the article, I challenge you, then come back and tell me what you think. I've seemed to have upset your agenda, but hey, you trolls gotta live too I guess. Ta ta.
  • Reply 54 of 73
    If this judge's rulings are still open for appeal, or if UK law allows Apple to appeal given this new information, then we might be in for some interesting tangles.

It certainly appears ethically suspect.
  • Reply 55 of 73
    Why would they want him saying Apple's products are cool in the trial against Ericsson?
  • Reply 56 of 73
    eluardeluard Posts: 319member

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Like it or not, what this shows is Samsung is hungry, it competes to win, and doesn't sit around wringing its hands.

Apple needs to learn a thing or two about hardball tactics. I am somewhat befuddled by how passive the company seems to be (and what a 'zero-personality' image it projects) under Cook.

G-A-P*, Apple!

*grow a.....

Unfortunately when a company adopts the attitude of do-anything-to-win the first person to be fucked over is the customer. That is the lesson of business from the last forty years. Apple has succeeded by being different.

I for one don't want to see them change.

• Reply 57 of 73

deleted

• Reply 58 of 73

You guys are hilarious. The very thought of a world-class expert on IP serving as a consultant in a US procedure scares you shitless. Pricelless. Reality TV :-)

• Reply 59 of 73
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,310moderator
    taniwha wrote:
    The very thought of a world-class expert on IP serving as a consultant in a US procedure scares you shitless.

The whole system surrounding intellectual property has demonstrated how farcical it is on so many occasions that it's highly unlikely that anybody round here would hold an expert in those matters in very high regard. The only thing people would be rightfully afraid of is a blatantly corrupt legal system that favours intellectual property thieves under the guise of justice.
  • Reply 60 of 73
    eluardeluard Posts: 319member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

The whole system surrounding intellectual property has demonstrated how farcical it is on so many occasions that it's highly unlikely that anybody round here would hold an expert in those matters in very high regard. The only thing people would be rightfully afraid of is a blatantly corrupt legal system that favours intellectual property thieves under the guise of justice.

agreed and we have that latter situation here. There were three things that were deeply suspect about this judge's actions: 1) that he did not immediately notice the blatant copying of Samsung, when anyone presented with the evidence (given here many times now) could not fail to be struck, and appalled, by it; 2) that he made Apple post a dishonest statement saying that Samsung did not copy, something that was humiliating and almost unprecedented; 3) that so soon after the first two he is consulting for Samsung, which suggests that Samsung knew that such an offer would be favourably received, to say the least.

British justice has been inhaling entropy for many years now. This is a disgrace.