Judge vacates 40% of jury's $1.05B verdict in Apple v. Samsung [u]

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 91
    hfts wrote: »
    There are posts alluding to that she is taking bribes and these stay.

Because that's something that could actually be the case, unlike your claims.

You are on dangerous ground there TS.
  • Reply 82 of 91
    ystavaystava Posts: 1member

Apple insider has achieved the "most f-witted forum on the internet" after reading this thread....

• Reply 83 of 91
    lightknightlightknight Posts: 2,312member

1- The same guys that praised Koh when her decisions were anti-Samsung now despise her. You guys are totally sane of mind, it's obvious.

2- Those same guys obviously have only read the title (kind of misleading), and definitely not the contents...

You know, either you consider that you have to trust Justice and stop whining when Koh's decision don't flatter your sense of what should be, either you just disregard Justice and consider that big business is just a matter of who has most power, and you stop whining.

Either way, stop whining :D

• Reply 84 of 91
    lightknightlightknight Posts: 2,312member

Quote:

Originally Posted by hfts View Post

Posters are alluding she is taking bribes. Why ? Because of her background, she is of Korean descent.

So therefore that is racism also. Because if she was, say, British, then people would not be accusing her of being in the clutches of Samsung, as much as they are inferring now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stike vomit View Post

They're both right, TS. What you're doing and writing here could actually get you prosecuted... It's a really nasty thing to consider people based on their origins, or to smear people because their decisions do not fit your view of the world...

• Reply 85 of 91
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by hfts View Post

Because of her background, she is of Korean descent.

I bet you also feel she is being bribed because she is Korean.

So I am right, she is not a proper American

Fine. Enjoy being a laughingstock for all eternity.

Originally Posted by stike vomit View Post

For… removing potentially racist posts? I don't think so.

Originally Posted by lightknight View Post

They're both right, TS. What you're doing and writing here could actually get you prosecuted... It's a really nasty thing to consider people based on their origins, or to smear people because their decisions do not fit your view of the world...

The frick am I doing and writing here?!

• Reply 86 of 91
    hftshfts Posts: 386member
    Fine. Enjoy being a laughingstock for all eternity.

For… removing potentially racist posts? I don't think so.

The frick am I doing and writing here?!
    You made an accusation and simply removed my post. I made an accusation of that idiot Apple II, and you ignore mine. You are no better than the trolls who infest this site.
    I dare you go and look at his post about killing Palestinians. He belongs on a red neck site.
  • Reply 87 of 91
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member

Man this thing is dragging out. Why do people on this forum care so much about this, I really would like to know. It's just two heartless multi-billion dollar entities going after each other and has zero baring on our lives personally. Yet the lot of you defend Apple as if they were part of your immediate family. No company is above reproach and I'm absolutely positive that if you cracked opened Apples basement all kinds of unsettling things would come oozing out. However once a person buys an Apple product they feel like they just joined a magical club or something instantly turning them into a self righteous douche-bag.

Apple doesn't care about you, if you like their products great keep the conversations about that. Once we start passing judgment on other companies and the people involved that supposedly wronged Apple in some way makes it turns us into grade A a**holes. We never have all the facts to these things, we don't know what questionable things Apple themselves has done so can we please stop it. This lawsuit has nothing to do on how we use or how we can better use or computers which is the whole reason why a lot of us come here. Leave the gossip to the tabloids please.

• Reply 88 of 91
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by Relic View Post

…zero baring on our lives personally.

Legalized intellectual property theft doesn't have bearing on consumers? Really?

We never have all the facts to these things, we don't know what questionable things Apple themselves has done so can we please stop it.

This is completely and utterly meaningless. No.

• Reply 89 of 91
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Legalized intellectual property theft doesn't have bearing on consumers? Really?

This is completely and utterly meaningless. No.

Legalized, a little melodramatic aren't we and Samsung was found liable so they didn't get away with it. The statement wasn't useless as members of this forum are very biased when it comes to other company's Apple is legally engaged in. Apple isn't all puppy dogs and rainbows, they sell inanimate objects and are not curing cancer so my question of who cares is still opened.  What will be said if Motorola, Samsung or any of the others win their suits against Apple, I guarantee it will be something on the lines of unfair or the jury were idiots.

• Reply 90 of 91
    advilladvill Posts: 5member
    The Judge seems to be of Korean origin.....perhaps she is not idoneous to handle this case.
  • Reply 91 of 91
    robogoborobogobo Posts: 378member
    Samsung was found liable for patent infringement, not objective willfull trade dress violations, which any joe can clearly see beyond the shadow of a doubt. The jury did what they could do, awarded damages on the patents and also on trade dress, but the judges ruling nullified the trade dress award, which was the most obvious part. In this case, justice was clearly blind.

So yes, legalized property theft. Now everyone else is doing it too.