Installin OS X on my G3 iMac

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Everytime I try to install OS X on my iMac (333, tray loading, 256 ram), my system freezes on me. If I do get further into the installation process, it get a root user error message. Is there any way I can get OS X on this computer? I just need it to work until Mr. Job's gives me my G4 iBook.javascript: x()

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Someone PLEASE help! I can't get my iMac to work at all. Somebod out there must have a suggestion? PPPLLLLLLEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSEEEEEEE?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Have you tried installing on a fresh disk? If possible, wipe your HD befroe installing. Worth a try if nothing else seems to be working. Also, check that you have a ful official Apple version, and you're CD isn't damaged.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Don't know if your system is 'supported'. Also have you done the firmware updates? Good luck!
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I'm running 9.2 on it now. Doesn't 9.2 have he firmwire updates built in? If not, which ones do I need to install?

Alos, I tried to install again. I told OS X to delete everything on my drive and install. yet again, it didn't work.

Onto legal things, I am using the install disk from work. Am i going to have to buy OS X, or should this disk work?

Thanks for your help!