Apple seeds build 12D76 of OS X 10.8.3 beta, still no sign of Gold Master

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Apple on Tuesday seeded a new version of the OS X 10.8.3 beta to developers with no known issues, with the release coming just five days after the last build was pushed out.

12D76

People familiar with the beta noted that the new software's build number is 12D76, with the designation representing a two increment increase since build 12D74 was seeded last week. The seed notes did not indicate that the software is a Golden Master ready for public consumption.

As with the last few builds, Apple is asking developers to focus on AirPlay, AirPort, Game Center, Graphics Drivers and Safari.

The latest beta version comes more than three months after developers first began testing the OS X 10.8.3 update. It was reported in early February that AppleInsider traffic logs were already showing the presence of Macs running an OS X 10.9, hinting that an unveiling of the next OS X could occur soon. Apple first announced OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion over a year ago on Feb. 16, 2012.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    rokradrokrad Posts: 143member
    This needs to be released already. Bootcamp gaming on my rMBP has been bad since that one EFI update way back and it is said that 10.8.3 finally fixes it after I don't even know how many months.

Also excited to see how much snappier Safar.... just kidding...
  • Reply 2 of 5
    eriamjheriamjh Posts: 1,642member

Shouldn't Snow Mountain Lion Leopard Something be coming out in 3 months?

• Reply 3 of 5
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member
    [QUOTE]Apple seeds build 12D76 of OS X 10.8.3 beta, still no sign of a [B]Fusion-compatible Disk Utility[/B].[/QUOTE]

Fixed.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    eluardeluard Posts: 319member
    This is just ridiculous. Release the damn thing! And if there a problem then release another one!
  • Reply 5 of 5
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by John.B View Post

Apple seeds build 12D76 of OS X 10.8.3 beta, still no sign of a Fusion-compatible Disk Utility.

Fixed.

Oh, we're doing that now? Okay.

Apple seeds build 12D76 of OS X 10.8.3 beta, still no sign of Windows 8 Boot Camp drivers.

I have to shut down my computer every time I leave Windows, because if I restart or hard shut it down, my display's resolution goes back to 640x480 the next time I boot. GPU drivers refuse to commit, no matter what driver I use. It works perfectly fine if I shut it down, but it's a hellish ordeal to get the driver reapplied if I don't.