Performa 6360 and L2 Cache

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
My Performa 6360 has an L2 cache slot for upgrades. it's become really slow now and I figure I might as well add the L2 cache. I've done everything else I can to upgrade it.

now the manual says 256K cache compatible but since that was printed 512K modules were made and I think possibly even 1MB. the 512 is likely what I would get if compatible.

But there are others issues. Is a cache that is compatible with 6100s-8100s compatible with the Performa?

thanks for the help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    pastapasta Posts: 112member
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>My Performa 6360 has an L2 cache slot for upgrades. it's become really slow now and I figure I might as well add the L2 cache. I've done everything else I can to upgrade it.

now the manual says 256K cache compatible but since that was printed 512K modules were made and I think possibly even 1MB. the 512 is likely what I would get if compatible.

But there are others issues. Is a cache that is compatible with 6100s-8100s compatible with the Performa?

thanks for the help.</strong><hr></blockquote>

The 6100s-8100s were Nubus machines, and their cache was incompatible with the PCI machines, so the answer would be no. You might want to consider a G3 upgrade for the L2 cache slot instead, it will make a huge difference.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    bernardbernard Posts: 59member
    I have a 256k if you want it.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>My Performa 6360 has an L2 cache slot for upgrades. it's become really slow now and I figure I might as well add the L2 cache. I've done everything else I can to upgrade it.

thanks for the help.</strong><hr></blockquote>

[ 07-27-2002: Message edited by: JhnMoses ]</p>