Samsung challenges Apple's iPhone with new Galaxy S4

Comments

• Reply 61 of 314
    rsdofnyrsdofny Posts: 98member

I saw the entire presentation.  A lot of gimmicks but not practical: translation, cloud sync only works if data plan is cheap enough, voice recognition is more promise than reality.  Some good ideas: dual camera taking photo/video simultaneously - dont know if the processor is fast enough to handle that, wifi song sharing, wifi gameplay probably depends on the game software.  The glove friendly, if it works, is very good for people in cold area.  Wonder how many of these features are copyrightable. 

• Reply 62 of 314
    The new Galaxy S4 looks like it has a few interesting features, but I was less than impressed overall. I'm still not sold on build quality. Even as a guy that's over 6 feet tall, I don't like the way the Galaxy phones fit in my hand. And I've had so many issues with my wife's Note II tablet to make me distrustful of Android OS. Apple may not be perfect, but the quality is second to none (This is from a guy who still uses his 10 year old iMac G4 on a daily basis) and the fit and finish are the best around. I love my iPhone 5, and still use my original iPhone as an ipod and Sirius/XM receiver. I'd love to see some new features in the next gen iPad and iPhone, but I don't think that Apple has a lot to be worried about from this new Samsung phone! BTW....what was up with that terribly hokey Samsung key note? It looked like a really bad Academy Awards ceremony or something! WOW!!
  • Reply 63 of 314

I don't think it is the size of the iPhone five that is the problem. I think it's more of iOS. it looks outdated and scale. This is one of the reason why I moved to android. iOS just have a bunch of icons on the screen and this is not enough for me. That shit is way too simple. The user interface need to change.

• Reply 64 of 314
    pedromartinspedromartins Posts: 1,333member

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnocbui View Post

You comprehensively fail to understand.  You can not measure or infer a person's intelligence by what phone they chose to buy.  I know intelligent people who don't care whether they have the latest, greatest or technically best if what they have fulfills their needs.

But people are spending:

a) 700 dollars

b) 2500 dollars ( 2 years)

on a phone! They "don't care"? So they just close their eyes and choose one? That's being stupid. Everyone that bought an s3 was stupid. EVERYONE. fact. They had better phones on every metric for the same money or less (running android) and the superior iPhone.

They were stupid.

• Reply 65 of 314
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

I'm guessing the irony of that opening eludes you.

...except, it turns out, user satisfaction:

iPhone 5 ranks 5th in user satisfaction in U.S. behind four Android phones

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/iphone-5-ranks-5th-in-user-satisfaction-in-u-s-behind-four-android-phones/

A research from a company with website that doesn't work. Maybe you should find more reputable sources of smartphone satisfaction surveys. They all list iOS and the iPhone as number ONE.

• Reply 66 of 314
    Apple products are for simpletons and android products takes sometime to learn but once you master it its a beast even a jail broken iphone cant keep up
  • Reply 67 of 314

The title should read "Samsung Challenges Apple's iPhone with new Galaxy S IIIS".

So are we supposed to be dealing with people setting/walking around and waving their hands now?!

• Reply 68 of 314
    tonyleetonylee Posts: 21member

Quote:

Originally Posted by isaidso View Post

Cut to faces of the audience, after the presentation:

That was brutal and cringe worthy when at the end the MC try to get the audiences to clap for the actor.  This is a keynote for a phone that need to be shown what feature it have but it was lost in between those awful actor acting out how to use the feature.   I rather have a keynote where the presenter actually take their time and explain each feature. 

• Reply 69 of 314
    kozchriskozchris Posts: 209member

Yawn. 

• Reply 70 of 314

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnocbui View Post

You comprehensively fail to understand.  You can not measure or infer a person's intelligence by what phone they chose to buy.  I know intelligent people who don't care whether they have the latest, greatest or technically best if what they have fulfills their needs.

I think your best bet is to accept defeat.  These type of people believe what they believe no matter how much contrary evidence is shown to them.   In fact, I'm thinking he's just trolling you or perhaps he's being irrational because of how often the word Samsung shows up on this site these days?

• Reply 71 of 314
    rsdofnyrsdofny Posts: 98member

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippy2shoes View Post

Yeah, the presentation wasn't as slick as what Jobs would have done (who was known to rehearse insanely for these product launches) but then again, I don't judge a product based on the press conference and I would bet that most people here don't either (despite the fact that it seems to be important to the purchasing decision somehow - Always found the Apple crowd odd in that regard).

Nobody is as good as Jobs.  For that matter, Tim Cook cannot match up as well.  I simply could not understand what the Samsung executive said in his presentation.  I don't think that it is necessary for him to do the presentation.  He should give just the short overview and let the American executive to do the rest.  Or better yet, he should speak to his phone in Korean and have it translated into English.

• Reply 72 of 314

Quote:

Originally Posted by trizzle82 View Post

Apple products are for simpletons and android products takes sometime to learn but once you master it its a beast even a jail broken iphone cant keep up

Yep, and the proof is the exploding number of Android users actually using their phones to access the web.... oh wait!!

• Reply 73 of 314
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member

deleted

• Reply 74 of 314
    bleh1234bleh1234 Posts: 146member

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnocbui View Post

You might find this surprising, but you can't determine a person's intelligence by the phone they choose to buy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

In this case, yes you can. A few phones beat the s4 ON EVERY METRIC.

Hey Pedro, what kind of phone have you purchased on your own?
  • Reply 75 of 314
    Apple investors are happy tonight. No real change in phone appearance means no innovation, right? HTC wil be pleased, and everyone they sell Apple gets $8.
  • Reply 76 of 314
    themacmanthemacman Posts: 151member
    I am in the cyber security area, and I wouldn't touch chrom or any other Google product. For example, Chrom, even in private browsing still collects your surfing habits and the places you visited, and how many times you visited, and the list goes on. This information is stored on their servers and with little effort (because you're a Google faithful, you'll at some point would have logged into your Google account) they can tie you with what you did. Scary stuff.
  • Reply 77 of 314
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    But people are spending:

a) 700 dollars
    b) 2500 dollars ( 2 years)

on a phone! They "don't care"? So they just close their eyes and choose one? That's being stupid. Everyone that bought an s3 was stupid. EVERYONE. fact. They had better phones on every metric for the same money or less (running android) and the superior iPhone.

They were stupid.

And there aren't people that spend that much on iPhones? Probably more so than any Android phone. You say you like to have decent conversations but calling people stupid for the phone they chose isn't a good way to start a decent conversation. All your remarks are inciteful and then you wonder why people are on the attack. You always talk about 'metrics' but here's a news flash for you, most people don't give a flying fcuk about metrics. So if you kindly please, STFU about them because no one cares.
  • Reply 78 of 314

So about that battery life???

• Reply 79 of 314
    tjrsvtjrsv Posts: 35member
    just_me wrote: »
    S4 is against Z10 not ip5

aapl declines

APPL, Cook specifically, Openhiemer 2nd, and Dips**t Schiller will arrogantly stand by and say "we bad!"

There hasn't been a good day for AAPL since SJ resigned as CEO...classic "Reminiscinces of a stock operator" story...Back to Dweebville Apple Geeks!!! Says the smartmoney.
  • Reply 80 of 314
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    So what is the diff between the SG4 and Note2?