Samsung challenges Apple's iPhone with new Galaxy S4

Comments

• Reply 241 of 314
    hftshfts Posts: 386member
    lkrupp wrote: »
    I have long suspected this is true but it also seems this would make some tech journalist famous if he/she were able to prove it and tie it to Google or Samsung. Of the big so-called Apple centric sites I visit on a regular basis (AppleInsider, MacNN, MacRumors, MacWorld, for example) it seems the Samsung/Android fans outnumber the Apple/iOS fans at times. Is this phenomenon a result of insecurity issues or a coordinated effort?

So if there are shills out there, paid to join sites like AppleInsider and spread FUD, why haven't we seen any investigative reports about it? It would seem that something like that couldn't be kept quiet for very long. Also, if the company doing it got caught red handed it would be a major blow to their credibility and reputation. Is attacking Apple worth that kind of risk?
    Generally yes, but we are talking about a company whose then CEO said "if you have issues with our street cars filming your house, you can simply move".
    I think this quote answers your question quite nicely.
  • Reply 242 of 314
    jragosta wrote: »
    I'm convinced that it's mostly a variation of Narcissistic Personality Disorder. It's understandable that a person who likes Apple products would go to an Apple forum to talk about the products and maybe pick up some rumors about future products. Similarly, it's perfectly understandable that a BMW fan would go to BMW forums to do the same.

It is not understandable - and borders on mental illness to spend so much time at a forum related to a product you don't use, refuse to use, and swear you never will use just to make fun of the people who use a different product than you do. That's exactly the type of behavior you'd expect from someone with NPD.
    How is anyone going to prove it? I just can't see any possible way. Google hires a shill and the agreement says that if they ever admit to being a shill, they have to return all the money Google has ever paid them and also be liable to damages. It's not likely that it would get out. But, as I said, I doubt that there are many. Most of them are just mentally ill as explained above.
    Exactly! I go to AI and other similar sites because I own and love Apple products.
    Just like I go to a Mercedes site and BO and others that interest me.
    Do I go to a samdung or android or google site? No. I don't need to nor want to.
    These trolls are mentally sick, I have asked them many time, that's you GG and KD and some others, I never once received an answer to this question. Never. Is this not proof?
  • Reply 243 of 314
    gatorguy wrote: »
    The articles I've browsed so far generally indicate that Apple will take a hit from the S4 and/or Samsung, at least in the near term. That includes comments from Munster and Misek, and opinion pieces at Barrons and Fortune.
    More bs from you.
    Just piss off will you, you are starting to get really annoying.
  • Reply 244 of 314
    relic wrote: »
    I'm sorry did you get upset because I didn't use a brighter adjective to describe my iPhone experiences because the last time I checked the word decent wasn't negative. O<span style="line-height:1.231;">kay, you called me on it, your right I don't use iOS because I think it's to restrictive. The applications are there, oh man are they there, however the system's UI is missing a lot of functionality that I have become spoiled with over the years using a traditional desktop; for example a filemanager. I named a few more in my previous post. I also like the openness from some of the Android handsets that are available. As aforementioned I have a Nexus 4, love this phone, it's a open-book to explore in. I recently spent a </span>
    <span style="line-height:1.231;"> good portion of a Saturday installing Ubuntu on it, after plugging in a HDMI cable and connecting my bluetooth peripherals I had the smallest usable desktop computer I had ever owned. </span>

All that geek crap left aside, why can't a Apple fan not like their entire product line. I still love typing reports on my Powerbook 100 that was handed down to me by my father, I have even owned and currently still have every generation of the Air & Mini. I still have a 17" iLamp because I absolutely adore it. There's something about mini computers that have always gotten me hot and bothered ever since I found a HP 95LX in the little girls room. The Android platform just gets me closer to my vision of that perfect palm top.
    I explained to you in my previous post, do you not read or understand?
    I stopped reading when I got to the part "I own this or that Apple product", this is the usual crap one gets from a troll to try and justify their arguments or points on their posts. This we all know, so why do u use it?
    I know by your posting history that you despise Apple, so why are you on this site?
    I don't like Facebook nor Fords, but I don't go to their sites. What is it about Apple that gets you haters so riled up.
    The only thing I can think of is jealousy and envy, or a mental condition.
  • Reply 245 of 314
    reefoidreefoid Posts: 158member

Quote:

Originally Posted by hfts View Post

Thanks for the nick name I like it.

Please don't bother explaining things to me, because it will simply be BS.

Google scans your emails, so by your thinking they couldn't scan the actual email addresses? Really?

Do you know emails, text and addresses (source and destination) get packaged into an XML file and this is what is sent. I know because I have worked on projects that involved automatic alerting of batch job abends. Yes, I work in IT, have done so for he past 26 years, and you?

So I call you a liar by your statements in your reply to my previous post.

Are you anyway in PR, you sound like it?

I stand by my statements regarding google and privacy.

You are funny.  I never said Google doesn't scan your mails.  I was responding to your scenario where you stated that Google sells your email address.  But as usual, rather than try and provide any evidence for your statements, you move the goalposts.

Not sure what your IT career has to do with any of this but for what its worth I too have worked in IT for 20+ years.  Based on some of your comments, I doubt there is much you can teach me either about email or web technology.  But like I say, that's totally irrelevant and I've no idea why you're bringing that into the conversation.

The reason I visit this site?  I like technology.  ALL technology.  Brand is irrelevant.  However, the comedic nature of your posts has certainly made things around here a bit more entertaining.

I really don't understand how you can get so angry and rude about this stuff.

• Reply 246 of 314
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    hfts wrote: »
    I explained to you in my previous post, do you not read or understand?
    I didn't bother reading your reply except for the first couple of lines. Just more drivel.

You're talking to someone who thinks that her father giving her a 1991 Powerbook is somehow relevant to a discussion about current technology. I've been down this road. If you expect to get anything that resembles a rational or intelligent reply you're going to start sounding as her posts.
  • Reply 247 of 314
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    hfts wrote: »
    You are paid by google or samdung. I have asked you countless times to justify your presence on our site.
    You refuse to.
    This implies you are paid, if you have nothing to hide, tell us all why you are on this site. I'm waiting and waiting and waiting.

Simply put, people like being dicks, and enjoy pissing others off. The smart thing to do is ignore them but you instead decided to join the prick parade, so using your logic if they're paid to bad mouth Apple then you must be paid to defend them.
  • Reply 248 of 314
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Do you really believe Google is paying people to come on this site that has what 250-300 readers at any given time to bad mouth Apple? I think you're much more intelligent than that.

Why not, they paid Indians to sabotage Open Maps data around London before the Olympics.

Indian labour is well trained, know English and is cheap.

• Reply 249 of 314
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnocbui View Post

You fixed nothing, though your ego is obviously telling you you did.  The OP referenced 8 cores, I referenced 8 cores.  I left out the quad core for a reason - it wasn't the model under discussion.

I thought the discussion was about the new Galaxy S 4, why don't you ask Samsung why they have two processors?

How do you know which model your particular carrier will offer?

Should we start another discussion about the Galaxy S 4?

The one with a quad core processor.

How will it be differentiated?

• Reply 250 of 314
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member

Quote:

Simply put, people like being dicks, and enjoy pissing others off. The smart thing to do is ignore them but you instead decided to join the prick parade, so using your logic if they're paid to bad mouth Apple then you must be paid to defend them.

If this were a general interest tech site you might have a point, but given that it's an Apple enthusiast site what you're saying doesn't make any sense.

In general there's been an effort by trolling Apple bashers to portray their incessant sniping as a just and reasonable corrective to the morons who are stupid enough to like Apple, claiming that such people, when they grow impatient with the carping, are the real "trolls", etc.   Such people should be fucked with, hard, before "Apple Insider" becomes "Apple Despiser."  I can't think of another special interest web site that would remotely tolerate the level of interest belittling that goes on here.  

Site ownership is fine with this, of course, because flame wars drive page hits and they make money.  But for someone who would like to discuss Apple products with likeminded folk without being hectored, I'm perfectly happy to call out dicks.  And no, being stubbornly fond of a thing on a website devoted to that thing is not being a dick.

• Reply 251 of 314
    addabox wrote: »
    If this were a general interest tech site you might have a point, but given that it's an Apple enthusiast site what you're saying doesn't make any sense.

In general there's been an effort by trolling Apple bashers to portray their incessant sniping as a just and reasonable corrective to the morons who are stupid enough to like Apple, claiming that such people, when they grow impatient with the carping, are the real "trolls", etc.   Such people should be fucked with, hard, before "Apple Insider" becomes "Apple Despiser."  I can't think of another special interest web site that would remotely tolerate the level of interest belittling that goes on here.  

Site ownership is fine with this, of course, because flame wars drive page hits and they make money.  But for someone who would like to discuss Apple products with likeminded folk without being hectored, I'm perfectly happy to call out dicks.  And no, being stubbornly fond of a thing on a website devoted to that thing is not being a dick.

Then why do people on this site bash Android even when the thread has nothing to do with Android? Honestly this site is much better than most. There's nothing wrong with being stubbornly fond but being dismissive, condescending, and outright insulting of those that choose a device that's not iOS is in fact being a dick.
  • Reply 252 of 314
    signal1signal1 Posts: 82member

Quote:

Then why do people on this site bash Android even when the thread has nothing to do with Android? Honestly this site is much better than most. There's nothing wrong with being stubbornly fond but being dismissive, condescending, and outright insulting of those that choose a device that's not iOS is in fact being a dick.

It's an Apple enthusiast site.  That's just the lay of the land.  Try going to any special interest site and bitching, at length, about the area of interest and those interested and see how far that gets you.  Pretending like there's some parity of interests here-- that championing Android and bashing Apple is merely equal an opposite to the reverse on an Apple site is just disingenuous if not fairly insulting.  

• Reply 253 of 314
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member

deleted

• Reply 254 of 314
    macrulez wrote: »
    Lies, eh?  Find the post where I said I despise Apple, or apologize.

Find the post where he claimed you used that specific term. You do despise them as noted by what you write.
  • Reply 255 of 314
    signal1 wrote: »
    It's an Apple enthusiast site.  That's just the lay of the land.  Try going to any special interest site and bitching, at length, about the area of interest and those interested and see how far that gets you.  Pretending like there's some parity of interests here-- that championing Android and bashing Apple is merely equal an opposite to the reverse on an Apple site is just disingenuous if not fairly insulting.  

It's akin to the people in Boston chanting "Yankees suck" during the Patriots Super Bowl parade. There's a time and a place for everything don't bash one thing when you should be lauding another.
  • Reply 256 of 314
    reefoid wrote: »
    You are funny.  I never said Google doesn't scan your mails.  I was responding to your scenario where you stated that Google sells your email address.  But as usual, rather than try and provide any evidence for your statements, you move the goalposts.

Not sure what your IT career has to do with any of this but for what its worth I too have worked in IT for 20+ years.  Based on some of your comments, I doubt there is much you can teach me either about email or web technology.  But like I say, that's totally irrelevant and I've no idea why you're bringing that into the conversation.

The reason I visit this site?  I like technology.  ALL technology.  Brand is irrelevant.  However, the comedic nature of your posts has certainly made things around here a bit more entertaining.

I really don't understand how you can get so angry and rude about this stuff.
    Hi mr. comedy relief.
    So knowledge of IT, I.e. a career is irrelevant on a tech sight. Wow!
    So what are you a hair dresser ?
    A stupid inference results in me totally ignoring the rest of your reply.
    So tell me why are you on this site again?
  • Reply 257 of 314
    solipsismx wrote: »
    You're talking to someone who thinks that her father giving her a 1991 Powerbook is somehow relevant to a discussion about current technology. I've been down this road. If you expect to get anything that resembles a rational or intelligent reply you're going to start sounding as her posts.
    Thanks. I agree how an old piece of tech is irelevant in 2013.
    It's like another troll who considers a career in IT, I am a software developer, use to be a Chemist. means zip in commenting on tech.
    They actually believe this, that's what is really frightening.
  • Reply 258 of 314
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member

deleted

• Reply 259 of 314
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    So tell me are you a duck or being paid?
    I love your logic, are you for real?
  • Reply 260 of 314
    macrulez wrote: »
    Like so many others here, you're so emotionally caught up in defending Apple you can't even read posts correctly.

Look at my posts.  They're not criticizing Apple.  They're rarely about Apple at all.

They're mostly about double-standards.

So thank you for proving my point.

Says the guy who only likes to post about the author of AI articles whom he despises. Yeah, no emotion there¡

I will say that it does seem you rarely do post about Apple as that would mean actually posting about the actual topic and not how much you hate Dilger.