Briefly: 'Jobs' biopic release date delayed

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
It was reported on Friday that the Steve Jobs biopic "Jobs," starring Ashton Kutcher in the lead role, has been delayed with no tentative release date set.

Kutcher/Gad

Originally scheduled to open in theaters nationwide on Apr. 16 to commemorate the 37th anniversary of Apple's founding, "Jobs" has been pushed back to an as-yet-undetermined date, reports The Hollywood Reporter.

According to people familiar with the matter, the film's production company Open Road wanted more time for marketing after the film debuted at this year's Sundance Film Festival in January.

"Jobs" premiered to mixed reviews, with some claiming the characters were far from their real-life counterparts. In an interview at the 29th annual Macworld conference, Kutcher said the movie "was done with the utmost love, admiration, and respect."

Directed by Joshua Michael Stern and written by Matthew Whitely, Jobs covers the defining 30 years of the Apple cofounder's life, including pivotal moments in Apple history such as the launch of the first Mac and the iPod.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 30
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    Maybe they are waiting until some big new Apple product comes out?
  • Reply 2 of 30
    tylerk36tylerk36 Posts: 1,037member

The Movie Studio realized the movie sucks and is trying to figure out if it is worth even sending to DVD.  LOL.

Maybe they thought giving it away on DVD with new Apple products would be helpful, but Apple declined as they thought it would actually lose sales.

• Reply 3 of 30
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Wait, it already premiered. How can they say the release date is delayed? It's already out. People have seen it. It's…

Reminds me of this.

• Reply 4 of 30
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    And as the first few reports start rolling in of people that saw the film's premiere being admitted to hospital with symptoms of exposure to bad storyline and acting, the director panics and pulls the plug to avoid legal action...
  • Reply 5 of 30
    jd_in_sbjd_in_sb Posts: 1,600member

My guess is that they know that nobody will pay to see this turkey so they will stream it online for free and write it off as a loss.

• Reply 6 of 30
    straight to netflix
  • Reply 7 of 30

Originally Posted by waldobushman View Post

straight to netflix

Ugh, is that going to be the new phrase? I don't want that to be the new phrase.

And I think Netflix would find it disparaging. image

• Reply 8 of 30
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    This biopic is making the MS Surface look successful by comparison.
  • Reply 9 of 30
    bdkennedy1bdkennedy1 Posts: 1,459member
    Like I said when the news first broke - Straight to DVD, Netflix or Hulu.
  • Reply 10 of 30
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted
  • Reply 11 of 30
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

Straight to video!

• Reply 12 of 30
    Movie delayed? More proof Android is winning. /s
  • Reply 13 of 30
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Movie delayed? More proof Android is winning. /s

This movie is so bad not even Samsung will copy it.
  • Reply 14 of 30

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

This movie is so bad not even Samsung will copy it.

Really? No gripping tale of how Lee Byung-chul started a trading company in his… well, they didn't have garages in Korea in 1938… 

• Reply 15 of 30
    mike fixmike fix Posts: 270member
    This thing has to be a turd.
  • Reply 16 of 30
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    tylerk36 wrote: »
    The Movie Studio realized the movie sucks and is trying to figure out if it is worth even sending to DVD.  LOL.

What's a DVD?
    Maybe they thought giving it away on DVD with new Apple products would be helpful, but Apple declined as they thought it would actually lose sales.

But how to play it?
    straight to netflix

For some. For others, straight to /dev/null/
  • Reply 17 of 30
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

What's a DVD?

State Of The Art technology, Phil.

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 88

You really should check it out.

I hear it's gonna be the next big thing.

And I believe the correct term is straight-to-torrent...

• Reply 18 of 30
    lightknightlightknight Posts: 2,312member
    @solipsismx but the Surface is successful... I mean, it sold "quite smooth"-ly.
  • Reply 19 of 30
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,654member

Glad you all know so much about a film you haven't even seen, but I guess that's consistent with the way you criticize products that you haven't used.

• Reply 20 of 30

Originally Posted by zoetmb View Post

Glad you all know so much about a film you haven't even seen, but I guess that's consistent with the way you criticize products that you haven't used.

When the people being portrayed in the movie say it's crap, I wonder if it's crap…