Apple, Samsung marketing hype viewed as 'moving in opposite directions'

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 112
    hftshfts Posts: 386member
    gatorguy wrote: »
    Prediction: Samsung has been so effective at getting attention that even the most rabid AI forum members will be tuned in tonight to see what they have to announce. By this time tomorrow there will be an AI article on the new Galaxy S4 filled with at least 5 pages of comments with the regulars here well-represented. 
    Speak for yourself buddy boy.
    I certainly won't be watching their pathetic over hyped presentation.
    By the way, who pays you? Google or samdung? How much?
    You won't tell as it will piss KD off, as he is a little bit less obnoxious than you.
    By the way you sound to me to an un-partnered person, maybe sex will help you?
    You still haven't answered my question from weeks ago, that is why are you on this site?
    Please tell me.
  • Reply 102 of 112
    hftshfts Posts: 386member
    flaneur wrote: »
    Thank you. But I take issue. Some of the rest have to be more than just obnoxious pricks out to annoy, I think.

Many others would agree with you. Who knows?

@addabox, "massive and lurid" is the operative phrase. Describes their phones as well.
    You are welcome.
    Also you may be right about others on the google/sandung payroll.
    Surely there cannot be a place in the entire universe that is populated with so many c($@s. but I think I'm wrong, it's the forum section of AI.
  • Reply 103 of 112
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Prediction: Samsung has been so effective at getting attention that even the most rabid AI forum members will be tuned in tonight to see what they have to announce. By this time tomorrow there will be an AI article on the new Galaxy S4 filled with at least 5 pages of comments with the regulars here well-represented. 

It didn't even take a full day. Just 12 hours later and page 6 is nearly ready to turn.

• Reply 104 of 112
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

It didn't even take a full day. Just 12 hours later and page 6 is nearly ready to turn.

You seem to think you're making some kind of point, you're not. As per usual.  As Apple's most successful competitor, the introduction of a new model of Samsung's flagship phone was of course going to be covered by this site, and of course the coverage was going to get a lot of comments.

Doesn't require Samsung being "effective at getting attention" or "rabid forum members", just the normal way of tech sites.  

Do you ever get tired of twisting yourself in knots to explain the world in ways that are disparaging to Apple, Apple's users, and this site?  Don't you have a more productive use of your time?  Wouldn't it be better for your spirit to hang out on a site that talks mostly about stuff you like, so you can enjoy something positive?  You know, like this site used to be for Apple's customers, before it was overrun.

• Reply 105 of 112
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by addabox View Post

As Apple's most successful competitor, the introduction of a new model of Samsung's flagship phone was of course going to be covered by this site, and of course the coverage was going to get a lot of comments.

Problem is the coverage is here, an Apple site, where many believe it shouldn't be at all.

• Reply 106 of 112
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Problem is the coverage is here, an Apple site, where many believe it shouldn't be at all.

Are they forced to read it? Ignoring the competition has led to the downfall of many. How many are on a downward spiral because they chose not to follow the path Apple laid out? They're trying to follow it now but alas way too late.
  • Reply 107 of 112

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Ignoring the competition has led to the downfall of many.

See, we're not Apple. We can ignore it and have nothing happen.

• Reply 108 of 112
    See, we're not Apple. We can ignore it and have nothing happen.

Didn't RIM, Microsoft, Palm, Dell, and many others think the very same?
  • Reply 109 of 112

Didn't RIM, Microsoft, Palm, Dell, and many others think the very same?

APPLEINSIDER IS NOT A TECHNOLOGY COMPANY.????

• Reply 110 of 112
    APPLEINSIDER IS NOT A TECHNOLOGY COMPANY.<span style="font-family:'Apple Color Emoji';font-size:28px;line-height:normal;">????</span>

You said "we're Apple....." not "we're AI" in which case you'd be correct.
  • Reply 111 of 112

You said "we're Apple....."

Why not actually read the posts to which you're responding?

• Reply 112 of 112
    Why not actually read the posts to which you're responding?

I did and believed I responded accordingly. Where did I err?