Briefly: 'Jobs' biopic release date delayed

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    evilutionevilution Posts: 1,399member

They'll have to release it as an iTunes download or on a USB stick instead of DVD or new iMac owners will miss out.

• Reply 22 of 30
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by Evilution View Post

They'll have to release it as an iTunes download or on a USB stick instead of DVD or new iMac owners will miss out.

Sick burn. Oh, wait, they can't do that, either. 

• Reply 23 of 30
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,408member

Dude, where's my—never mind.

• Reply 24 of 30
    This movie will never be released, it will have to escape.
  • Reply 25 of 30
    malaxmalax Posts: 1,598member

At least they aren't calling it jOBS now.

• Reply 26 of 30

This had all the makings of a blue screen of death from the get-go.

The money paid to Kutcher alone would have been enough to produce the definitive documentary on Steve Jobs. That's something I'd pay to see.

• Reply 27 of 30
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member

deleted

• Reply 28 of 30
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

Surprisingly little info, apparently not even in production yet.  But the description sounds much more interesting, comprised of three, 30-minute sections that each take place backstage in the moments immediately preceding some of Jobs' most iconic keynotes: Mac in 1984, NeXT in 1988, and iPod in 2001.

Interesting in that it can't possibly cover meaningful material and yet they assume it will? 

Maybe the story will be told in flashback. A few minutes of "getting ready for the presentation" and then someone goes, "Remember when we had [problem] with [product]?" Ripple fade back to… 

• Reply 29 of 30
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member

deleted

• Reply 30 of 30
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,408member

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

"Can't possibly"?  I haven't seen the screenplay yet so I don't know, but I find the concept interesting.  Sorkin says no flashback; instead, each of the three scenes will be 30 minutes each and portrayed in real-time.

I'll admit, such a concept certainly won't be a sweeping biopic, but I don't think he's aiming for that.  Those are each interesting moments, and while the conversations taking place may well make too many references to things Mac fans know and many in the public may not, if handled well it could make for a very interesting movie.

Sorkin can fit about 5 hours of dialogue into 90 minutes.