latest rec. for iMac-compatible printers

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014

Have a late model iMac with Mountain Lion, OS 10.8.2.  Also have 3rd generation iPad and iPhone 5.

What would you Apple aficionados recommend for the most compatible all-around printer?  I am obviously in need a a printer replacement and am specifically looking for an all-in-one type.  Which make/model do users have the best luck with?

Thanks, in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7

Hmmm...thought I'd get some responses.  Where are all of you "helpful hardware folks"?

• Reply 2 of 7
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

I was struggling with the "most compatible" part. If it's USB, it's going to work, even in its most basic form. And beyond that, the model is personal preference. HP's stuff is usually terrible to work with, at least in my experience.

• Reply 3 of 7
    Probably an Epson then. Just wanted an educated opinion based on some real world experience. I appreciate your opinion; thanks.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

This might be useful, then.

• Reply 5 of 7

Sorry I missed this one.

Recently I changed from an older Canon printer to the relatively new Canon MG6330 (the model in Japan).

Couldn't find it in the US... 

It has a touch screen and is dirt simple to set up.  Just an AC cable; never need to connect USB.  It can scan wirelessly, too.  Printing from iPhone, iPad requires no set up other than your home's wireless network.

Recommended it to a friend when he got his iMac system... he had never owned a computer before.  A week later, he had printed, scanned and copied globs of stuff.  It is that easy to use.

• Reply 6 of 7

I'm currently contemplating the (new) Canon Pixma MX922.  Although not listed on Apple's site, it is compatible with AirPrint printers and Mac software.  It's an all-in-one supposedly with ink cartridges which go a long way compared to similarly priced Epson's.

• Reply 7 of 7

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheesehed View Post

I'm currently contemplating the (new) Canon Pixma MX922.  Although not listed on Apple's site, it is compatible with AirPrint printers and Mac software.  It's an all-in-one supposedly with ink cartridges which go a long way compared to similarly priced Epson's.

Canon makes good printers.